+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Wow....what an awesome show last night. There was so much packed into it. I am definitely going to have to watch it again.

At first, I thought it was wrong of Alex to run off to the bathroom, but like someone said...his actions may have helped make the decision to continue fighting this illness.

So glad Bailey came around and decided to talk to poor Izzie. My heart just went out for her last night.

Meredith made the right decision to date both of them, but this can't last forever and she is going to have to make a choice.

Burke's mother really grated on my last nerve last night. She was just rude to Christina. I know mother's are protective of their boys, but come on...he's a grown man

And Callie just scored major points with me. Her taking the balme for the panties was just awesome. I hope George's friends can be a little nicer to her. And seeing her dance around in her pink panties was so cute. We all know we do it, but just don't like to admit to it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Burke's mother really grated on my last nerve last night. She was just rude to Christina. I know mother's are protective of their boys, but come on...he's a grown man
    Sort of like a couple of moms I know on 2 different ABC soaps that I watch. Actually, exactly like that.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Yup. Diahanne Carroll is a perfect mom for Burke. She played it just right - protective but not too over the top (as tv moms go) . And I love his dad: "Hang in there".

I'm not sure how I feel about Meredith's decision to "date", and the boy's agreement. It comes across as "how can we drag this out until the polls tell us who she should pick?".
    The man who would refuse such an arrangement would be much more alluring to me.

I didn't read last week's spoilers, but I wondered why Addison was drinking champaign alone. Wine? cosmo? sure. Champaign is usually shared. And then.... McSteamy definitely hotter than McDreamy.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think Meredith has shown Derek that she will settle for almost any kind of treatment. Not the best precedent to set in a relationship.

I cracked up when George walked in on the Chief and Callie sitting in her room on her bed together and then turned around and walked off immediately!! Callie fixed that, though, didn't she??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think Meredith has shown Derek that she will settle for almost any kind of treatment. Not the best precedent to set in a relationship.
    Oh, I disagree. I think Meredith stood up for herself quite well with her "you do NOT get to call me a WHORE!" declaration last season. But what they have shown is that there is an incredible draw between them and that she can forgive him, per se, for doing the right thing for trying (physically) to make his marriage work. But... I have a feeling she's not going to put up with much, nor have to.

And I loved McVet for doing such a sweet thing for Izzy last night.. and then convincing Meredith that he may be a good guy, but he's not TOO good of a guy. Major hot kudos for him!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I guess my point is her mooning, and pining over him, and basically not really moving on with her life...the fact that she's still willing to consider him after the way she was treated by him, even though he knew how much she cared for him. I guess I want her to have the 'fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me' mentality. I mean, she just knew he was going to pick her when he went back to Addison. She just knew that he cared for her like she cared for him. NOT! Now, the vet has given her nothing but good treatment. He would seem like the more likely candidate to me.

I don't think a woman should allow herself to be placed in that vulnerable of a position twice.

Oh, what the heck....anyway you go, it's a crapshoot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree with all of that. The only thing that tears me in different directions is that I don't believe that Derek intended to "make a fool" out of Meredith when he went back to his wife. I think he didn't completely understand the depth of his feelings for Meredith at the time but he thought he was doing the noble thing by attempting to forgive Addison and make their marriage work. He was in a catch-22 as he would have been accused of letting go of his marriage too easily had he not.

I'm apparently a Derek apologist. I don't think he's a saint by any means... but I do think his actions have been driven by valid, respectable emotions. And I don't see Meredith as a big pushover any longer. She put herself in the major power seat last night once and for all. No more mousy Meredith (hopefully. heh)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Meredith likes complications, so therefore she will pick McPointy (aka Derek). I suppose a surgeon is more desireable to some women than a vet. But boy, Finn is sooooooooo much hotter AND available with (seemingly) less emotional baggage than Derek. The whole love triangle, to me, is incredibly frustrating 'cause this is stuff my friends and I lived through (in ways) in our 20's--going after the unobtainable guys and overlooking the nice guys who were available. I know it makes for good drama, but I'm sick of it. I also don't like that Derek gets the coveted dinner date next week while Finn gets the more casual lunch. And I find it really hard to believe that guys who look like Finn (and even McPointy) and have all that going for them would have any trouble finding other women to date than Meredith. Or that they'd allow themselves to be test driven, knowing what they do about Meredith and her history with both men. (Especially Finn--he took her to the prom and she rewards him by having sex with Derek...uh, no.)

Finn should date Izzie. They'd make an awesome, cute couple. And she could feed him homemade muffins!

Callie: Love her! How cute was she last night? (And she's a good dancer!) George should count his blessings!

Alex and the cancer lady: That didn't bother me at all. (And they did it in a bar bathroom, so hopefully condoms were for sale in the vending machine! ) They're two consenting, unattached adults (at least I don't think she's married or involved with anyone) and at the time, she had checked herself out of the hospital and wasn't a patient anymore. She had a need. He had an opportunity. Looks like they both had a great time without hurting anyone, least of all each other. If Alex was at the house, I doubt Izzie would've opened up to him anyhow. He just would've gotten in the way of her baking.

I love the Izzie character but her being rehired is just soooooooooooooo unrealistic. I wouldn't have rehired her. And I don't think Bailey was at fault and I don't think Bailey could've stopped her from doing what she did.

The McSteamy surprise at the ending... I wasn't expecting it. And in a way, I'm glad it happened and that Derek witnessed it so that they can finally end the marriage once and for all.

I too think Finn should be with Izzy. Nice vs Nice. Mer deserves mcdud and his bagage to go with her indecisiveness. I don't believe she should give him the time of day, but I feel that she will.
    Yup, with donuts!!

ok! You all HAVE to post good descriptions on what happens each week untill December 16th... well, unless I can find somebody to record it for me. Cus I now have classes at school thursday nights, and I dont get out till 9:35 pm... and it's a 20 minutes drive from my school to my house. So... If i cant get it recorded, i must rely on you all and on the show's blog! Dont let me down, my fellow FORTers!

Also, one of my good friends told me he has a crush on Sara Ramirez (Callie). I told him that I love him even more now lol. I really REALLY hope they somehow write her a scene where she gets to sing! I mean, the woman won a TONY award for cryin out loud!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread