+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

But.... remember... I don't think even a month has passed in show time since she came back. It hasn't taken him that long to abandon the farce. I'm impressed that he even put forth the effort, however small. Many men would not have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    But.... remember... I don't think even a month has passed in show time since she came back. It hasn't taken him that long to abandon the farce. I'm impressed that he even put forth the effort, however small. Many men would not have.
    I'm not sure about that timeline. After all, in even less time, Bailey revealed she was pregnant, gave birth, returned from maternity leave, and saw her husband go through a full recovery from major bran surgery. I think it's definitey been more than a month.

They haven't even gotten through their first year of residency yet.

FORT Fogey
    I figure out the timeline based on the personal storylines - not the realism of working in a hospital. After all, they combine so many specialities, and portray so much of the hospital procedure in such a painfully unrealistic way that I don't see them saying "Okay, after your first year of residency, these changes happen".

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    I figure out the timeline based on the personal storylines - not the realism of working in a hospital. After all, they combine so many specialities, and portray so much of the hospital procedure in such a painfully unrealistic way that I don't see them saying "Okay, after your first year of residency, these changes happen".
    ??? So what are you trying to say here?

The first year of residency is not going to be completed until the end of Season Three or beginning of Season Four, per Shonda. So that means, safely, that we have approximately 4 months per season. So, "worst" case scenario is that Derek and Addison have been working on their marriage for a little over three months since Addison didn't show up until the very last moment of Season One/beginning of Season Two.

But even that is irrelevant. We're splitting hairs over whether one thinks he tried hard enough to work on his marriage. That's always going to be a judgment call and will never be resolved by debate.

FORT Fogey
    What I am saying is that I think that Shonda worries about the timeline when it's convenient for her. Even if you figure Bailey hid her pregnancy until she could not hide it anymore, you have a minimum of 4.5 - 5 months that she was pregnant, plus the time period she would have been out for maternity leave and her husband recovering from major brain surgery. So Shonda may say that their first year won't be over until season 3 or 4, but I think that she forgets that when it comes to advancing some of the storylines.

I have not seen it yet but will be catching it on ABC.com later this evening -- did yall know that you can watch the whole show for free online? Pretty and my friend says it is really easier to use. So once I watch I will chime in...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    What I am saying is that I think that Shonda worries about the timeline when it's convenient for her. Even if you figure Bailey hid her pregnancy until she could not hide it anymore, you have a minimum of 4.5 - 5 months that she was pregnant, plus the time period she would have been out for maternity leave and her husband recovering from major brain surgery. So Shonda may say that their first year won't be over until season 3 or 4, but I think that she forgets that when it comes to advancing some of the storylines.
    As do most producers when faced with one of their actors becoming pregnant in real life. She was going to ignore the pregnancy, but then decided to write it in and had some wonderful material. Chandra Wilson did not actually miss but two episodes after having her baby last October.

That's the only storyline that she's had to advance quickly and with good reason, not creative liberties. I certainly don't see any reason to believe that Derek and Addison have been working on their relationship for more than three months, tops.

Ok I was watching dancing with the stars tonight and during a commercial break they showed a commercial of Ugly Betty, Greys, and 6 Degrees...But when they were showing the previews for Greys thursday, they said 32 million people agree its the best show on TV...But I'm wondering where they are coming up with the 32 million part, when it was reported that only 25 million people tuned in last week...Or are they using 32 million from when they were on Sunday nights?

I DVR'd this because something else must have been on that night. But I just watched this and I've never cried so much. WOW, how depressing an episode was that.

I'm so glad its back!!!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread