+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

darn! Thursdays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I checked to see if any of the writers were doing the blog (http://www.greyswriters.com/) during the summer and was pleasantly surprised.
    I hadn't visited that blog before. I'm surprised as well. I don't know how I'd expect a writer's comments to come across, but it wouldn't be like this latest one does. Reads like a BIG TIME fan speaking.

And I’m kinda worried. About Mer and Der. Because, dear GOD, they had SEX! Really good sex. Great romantic perfect sex is what it looked like. But he’s married. And Addison’s all dancing at the prom and reliving the horror of Skippy Gould talking about Star Wars and poor Finn’s making all kinds of plans and…

…but Mer and Der have this all-consuming love and, I’m sorry, I did a little dance of joy when he kissed her.
    Really good sex? It looked like great romantic perfect sex? All-consuming love?

Love has nothing to do with what occurred. Lust combined with his twisted reaction to her daring to see another. Instead of someone loving her, he's more like a poster boy for restraining orders. Not that a lawful order would work any more than the solemn marriage vows he's kicked to the curb.

It was just an obsessive itch he felt needed scratching regardless of cost, and she lacked the spine to say NO. She wasn't pining for him.

The only good part of that encounter was the brief moment afterwards when they both appeared to realize what low level skanks they'd become.

Burke’s Tremors: yeah, they were there. You saw them. It was a tough choice to make, maiming a surgeon, maiming BURKE for God’s sake, but it was necessary. What’s a hero without a few stumbles? And you know that it’s not the fall that is so interesting. It’s watching whether or not someone chooses to get back up and, when they, how they choose to rise. That’s what we’ll be watching for Burke to do – get up and rise well.
    Didn't this individual watch the show about the musician Burke had previously treated who came back having decided he'd rather risk death and have his art than live life without that that gave him life?

Unless the tremors resolve, I call Burke's situation something significantly larger than a STUMBLE. Burke doesn't think of himself as a doctor. His identity revolves around his being a SURGEON. Nothing else is on the professional horizon which I can imagine Burke believing compares with being a surgeon. At least Romano on E.R. was able to fall back on the existing secondary component (from his perspective) when he lost his arm. The supervisory role aided Romano's ability to redefine himself, but Burke just has the surgery, and instead of redefining he'll be left to reinvent himself if he can't be a cutter.

George and Callie: My George, he’s been through a lot. He’s had sex with Meredith, had his dreams of love shattered, moved out of the house, cut his own hair and lived with Burke and Cristina. Callie, strange and odd and dark as she is, is his chance. His chance to be happy again. Give the woman the benefit of the doubt. She’s flawed and she pees in front of other people and she likes to crack bones but, guys…? She loves George. SHE LOVES GEORGE. That recommends her to the highest place of cool girl in my book. Because she’s the only one who sees George for George. Besides, I love that moment when she’s stomping down the hall, all uncomfortable in her prom dress, cursing her high heels but determined to go to the Prom. Determined not to be that girl she was in high school. Callie lays all her emotional crap right out in front of us, not bothering to hide or pretend she’s cynical or hip to fit in. She defiantly doesn’t fit in and her square pegness thrills me.
    My word, what a George lover.

I love the comments about Callie, but only those disconnected with George. The writer considers her cool first and foremost because she loves George, reminding us in case we missed it the first time that SHE LOVES GEORGE. I'd pick another reason, and because the writer expressed it so well, I'll opt for the last two lines ending in "her square pegness thrills me".

Who is it that Callie has been peeing in front of that makes it noteworthy? If it's George and he's got the willy-nilly's over it, I'd suggest he get a grip.

The writer states George had his "dreams of love shattered", but I consider his thing for Meredith more of a fantasy than a dream. Dreams are something which often are capable of being developed into reality if one works at it diligently enough. With fantasies like George's, you're just along for the ride. The only assertive action George took was precisely what he should have avoided if he really wanted to alter his relationship with Meredith, at least in a positive way.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 06-24-2006 at 03:33 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    She peed in front of George's female roommates (and then didn't wash her hands, that they saw--she actually did later in the kitchen)--she'd walked into the bathroom in her undies post sex not realizing they were there, and then just went ahead and used the toilet. Izzie et al. were all stunned and gossipy about it, in a very junior high way.

Leftcoaster, the bottom of this particular piece has Shonda Rhimes' name as the writer (she's also the head writer and creator of the show) and she also mentioned this about Meredith and Derek's kiss "Yeah, I wrote it. But still, when I SAW it in the dailies, when I saw it ACTUALLY HAPPENING, I did a little dance. Of joy."

You'll have to read some of the other pieces she's done on the blog to see that she writes this way, as if she's talking to us like we're friends.

Only writers for the show get to post on the main blog page. There are links for fans to make comments but anytime you click on the website and see something written, it's by one of the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    She peed in front of George's female roommates (and then didn't wash her hands, that they saw--she actually did later in the kitchen)--she'd walked into the bathroom in her undies post sex not realizing they were there, and then just went ahead and used the toilet. Izzie et al. were all stunned and gossipy about it, in a very junior high way.
    Thank's.

I find it difficult to imagine anyone that had had as much real life schooling as it takes to get to their intern stage of life without having experienced some communal experience along the way that would make an incident of one woman urinating openly in front of others something less than stunning. I'd have supposed if anything it was the fact that she was an outsider, not that she peed which set their tongues wagging. As well as not washing, of course, something I guess we're supposed to imagine Izzie and the others have never failed to do once in their entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Leftcoaster, the bottom of this particular piece has Shonda Rhimes' name as the writer (she's also the head writer and creator of the show) and she also mentioned this about Meredith and Derek's kiss "Yeah, I wrote it. But still, when I SAW it in the dailies, when I saw it ACTUALLY HAPPENING, I did a little dance. Of joy."

You'll have to read some of the other pieces she's done on the blog to see that she writes this way, as if she's talking to us like we're friends.

Only writers for the show get to post on the main blog page. There are links for fans to make comments but anytime you click on the website and see something written, it's by one of the writers.
    I'd managed to miss that it was Shonda Rhimes that had written that entry, but I'd understood it to be a writer. The style of expression just reads like a fan's though. The creator would, I'd hope, be the biggest fan of any show, but the writer's dance of joy over something she, as the top dog, already knew was coming still reads a little weird to me.

I don't mean that negatively, just noting it wasn't a blogging style I'd have anticipated from a principal of the show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, the not washing was given a medical tinge since they are all scrubbing all the time...sort of how sterile she would be around patients. But it was still bratty. But that was the point...basically they were not accepting that George had a girlfriend and being happy for him. Esp. Izzie.

And also, her reason for not washing her hands in the bathroom was that Izzie and Mer were blocking the sink, which they were. I didn't like Izzie or Meredith in the episode because it was so juvenile. Just because you don't see someone do something doesn't mean they didn't do it. And it doesn't matter. If she wants to be a slob away from work (not that she is) that's her business as long as she's professional with her hygiene at work.

Leftcoaster, I think Shonda is still experiencing the "new" of her show getting picked up and like you said, she's her show's biggest fan. I read she's developing some other shows so I bet once she becomes really busy and the newness wears off, her writing style will probably reflect that. She'll probably go from all giddy to "I'm too busy to write for the blog!"

I miss this show... I can't wait until the next season!

I just saw that Diahanne Carroll will make a few appearances on Grey's. She will be stirring things up somehow. Now, I wonder if she will be connected to the Chief's past?

I loved her in Julia, Dynasty, and her own show. She's a classy broad.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

just wanted to let you guys know that the greyswriters are blogging for the season 1 repeats. Some interesting stuff. LIke the top 10 reasons they could get away with giving George syph.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread