+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

  1. #1871
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    Quote Originally Posted by kimanis View Post
    People, people.....you are all too hard on Derek and Meredith. Have you all forgotten the electric charge b/w two who have "fallen" in love.....when you are that 'tuned' into someone that you're not supposed to, one LOOK can throw you into a tizzy and literally make you want to run into the bathroom to splash water on your hot face. I thought it was super hot that Derek followed her and that they both gave in to their "boiling" desire......totally natural in real life. Its happened to millions of people, so why not to tv characters?
    I'm with you. I'm a big fan of the "moth to a flame" kind of attraction. Which character was it who said "The only people who don't know Derek and Meredith are in love are Derek and Meredith"? But I hope they don't just go and make them a "couple". It's way more interesting for them to continually come up against obstacles to their relationship.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  2. #1872
    Hook 'em Horns! muggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    908
    Sorry I'm late to the party here, but I didn't want to TIVO last night because of the schedule change, so I plugged an ancient device called a Videotape in instead. Of course, the tape ran out on what I think was the last scene, so could somoene fill me in from the point that Izzy took responsibility for cutting the LV wire to the chief? From this thread, it sounds like she departed the show or the program. Please clarify.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

  3. #1873
    FORT Fan Phoenix Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    176

    Hate when shows make me cry!

    First I cried when they were putting the dog to sleep. (Yes I am an animal lover and sensitive) and then I cried when denny died and Izzy was in the bed with him, not wanting to let go. I got one of those crying headaches. I was so disappointed that Denny died because he and Izzy were so happy. How hot was it when Derek and Meredith finally gave into their passion? OMG! Wonder if next season they will find her panties? You could tell the vet saw that something was going on with her looking at Derek. Maybe the vet and Addison can console each other. I wonder what will happen with Izzy now that she confessed and quit? I am so mad at her for doing what she did. I was wondering if anyone was monitoring Denny when everyone was at the prom? Can't wait for next season!!
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

  4. #1874
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Which character was it who said "The only people who don't know Derek and Meredith are in love are Derek and Meredith"?
    Q, Addison said that (I think when she was talking to the Chief) and it broke my heart because she knew she can't win. If Derek stays with her, he'll always be with her for the wrong reasons and pine away for Meredith.

  5. #1875
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle View Post
    Sorry I'm late to the party here, but I didn't want to TIVO last night because of the schedule change, so I plugged an ancient device called a Videotape in instead. Of course, the tape ran out on what I think was the last scene, so could somoene fill me in from the point that Izzy took responsibility for cutting the LV wire to the chief? From this thread, it sounds like she departed the show or the program. Please clarify.
    AFter she took responsibility, she said she wasn't cut out to be a doctor so she was quitting, and walked down the stairs with all the interns but Meredith. Addison said she thought the night was over, and they all started to go their separate directions. Finn told Meredith to come on, he'd take her home. He started walking, but she stayed still. Derek said something (just her name I think), and next thing you know, the three of them were standing in such a perfect triangle that the producers likely brought out a protractor to make sure they perfected the angles. They all stood there, looking at Meredith, then the two guys looking at each other, then her looking at each of them (kind of like the opening of Brady Bunch really) and it ended like that.

  6. #1876
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Q, Addison said that (I think when she was talking to the Chief) and it broke my heart because she knew she can't win. If Derek stays with her, he'll always be with her for the wrong reasons and pine away for Meredith.
    Thanks Lois. Shows how much attention I pay.

    Veruka: I really liked that last scene, with the two guys each expecting Meredith to go with them, and her looking like she wasn't sure what to do. Maybe she'll tell Derek that he's the whore, and she'll leave with Finn.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  7. #1877
    FORT Fogey sukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    3,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    LG is pretty much right. Larry Hagman got a liver. Walter Payton did not. Larry destroyed his through drinking. Waler's failed due to his just being unlucky and getting a crappy disease.

    It's not like Walter would have gotten one had Larry not. Totally irrational bitter grudge, but irks me anytime I think of it nonetheless.
    Well, shouldn't you be mad at the doctors not him?. To me, it's not how the person got to the point needing a new liver or heart, it's the fact they need one that is important.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon


    Write for HubPages.

  8. #1878
    Hook 'em Horns! muggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    908
    Thanks for the end recap Veruka.

    As someone who also put their pet down this year, that was actually the toughest scene to watch in the whole show. When my cat died, she was looking into my eyes in that scene.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

  9. #1879
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by kimanis View Post
    People, people.....you are all too hard on Derek and Meredith. Have you all forgotten the electric charge b/w two who have "fallen" in love.....when you are that 'tuned' into someone that you're not supposed to, one LOOK can throw you into a tizzy and literally make you want to run into the bathroom to splash water on your hot face. I thought it was super hot that Derek followed her and that they both gave in to their "boiling" desire......totally natural in real life. Its happened to millions of people, so why not to tv characters?
    PS I also hate the move to thursdays but at least its something to watch on a presently slow nite.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one happy they finally gave into their desire for each other... no, maybe its not "right", but heck, they have so much more chemistry and Derek and Addision! I like Addision too... just don't think there is much in their marriage to save...

    But I liked the show last night... cryed my eyes out at putting the dog to sleep, as one of many others I gather from reading here... having done that a year ago, its very hard to watch... and Alex turned into a rather good guy last night....


    And I'm not liking the move to Thursday's at all.. not because of other shows, but because that is our bowling league night... hmmm, might have to finally invest in something like Tivo now.... but there are just so many other things I'd rather spend my money on. However, being an ally mcbeal fan, I'll be glad to see Calista Flockhart back on TV again.

  10. #1880
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I'm with you. I'm a big fan of the "moth to a flame" kind of attraction. Which character was it who said "The only people who don't know Derek and Meredith are in love are Derek and Meredith"?
    That was Addison who said that when she was talking to the Chief. She said "The only two people who don't know Derek loves Meredith are Derek and Meredith." It was sad and I felt very bad for her.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.