+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    OK, I'll bite. What did Larry Hagman do to you?

LG is pretty much right. Larry Hagman got a liver. Walter Payton did not. Larry destroyed his through drinking. Waler's failed due to his just being unlucky and getting a crappy disease.

It's not like Walter would have gotten one had Larry not. Totally irrational bitter grudge, but irks me anytime I think of it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    LG is pretty much right. Larry Hagman got a liver. Walter Payton did not. Larry destroyed his through drinking. Waler's failed due to his just being unlucky and getting a crappy disease.

It's not like Walter would have gotten one had Larry not. Totally irrational bitter grudge, but irks me anytime I think of it nonetheless.
    OK, I see. TV addict that I am, I thought maybe you had some grudge against JR Ewing, rather than Hagman.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Damn it. I hate ABC. I love having Grey's on Sunday at 10. It makes the looming Monday not so bad. Thursdays at nine, eh? I'll have to figure it out.
    My gut feeling says that it's not going to stay on Thursday nights for long. I don't think it's going back to Sundays at 10, but I think they'll cry "uncle" first on Thursdays.

The first rumor for a time period move for the show was Monday nights. Instead, they've got The Bacehlor on Mondays at 9. I'm guessing that after a week or two of weak ratings on The Bachelor, and not as strong a performance as expected for Grey's, they'll flip flop the two. The lead in of Grey's to What About Brian is just too good for ABC to not take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    The lead in of Grey's to What About Brian is just too good for ABC to not take advantage of it.
    But that's exactly why they are moving it to Thursday's... to help develop the new lineup.

Great analysis about Chief's role in this episode.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

What if Addison got together with Alex next season? That would make for steamy tv time! There's a tension between them. Wonder if they could play up on that one.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey
    Well it was a fantastic episode as usual. I was really really angry at Derek and Meredith. Why are they ruining Derek's character for me? I agree with the person that stated that Alex is more redeemable than Derek. Yes Addison cheated with his best friend but he was an absent husband and now she is trying her hardest to work things out and he agreed. If he had've left her at the beginning and went to Meredith, then I could root for him and Mere but not after putting his wife through all this emotional torchure. I dont think in the real world a man would fall for Mere over Addison. Just comparing them for the first time last night, Addison is way more attractive facially and bodywise because she is slim but no where near too skinny. She has a likeable personality and isnt a drama queen like Meredith is. Dont get me wrong. I like Meredith but to have 3 guys on the show fall for her (George, vet, and derek) and no guy be interested in Addison seems unrealistic. I say we should bring back that hot best friend that she had an affair with. I know they will eventually put Derek with Meredith so I hope that doesnt mean the end of Addison because alot of us has grown to love her. I dont want her to leave the show. I dont think Derek deserves either woman. Chris O'Donnell is lookin mighty fine on this show. I love his grown out hair. If I was Meredith, I would be like "Mcdreamy who" but thats just me.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    But that's exactly why they are moving it to Thursday's... to help develop the new lineup.
    It's definitely why they're doing the Thursday thing. But that only works if they get people off of CSI onto Grey's ... and worn out enough on hospitals at 9 to not watch ER at 10. I think they're hoping for more there than they'll get.

People, people.....you are all too hard on Derek and Meredith. Have you all forgotten the electric charge b/w two who have "fallen" in love.....when you are that 'tuned' into someone that you're not supposed to, one LOOK can throw you into a tizzy and literally make you want to run into the bathroom to splash water on your hot face. I thought it was super hot that Derek followed her and that they both gave in to their "boiling" desire......totally natural in real life. Its happened to millions of people, so why not to tv characters?
    PS I also hate the move to thursdays but at least its something to watch on a presently slow nite.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    There's already too much on Thursday as it is! grrr

From tvguide.com
    http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000044

ABC's Fall Schedule: Grey's Goes to Thursday

ABC's official fall schedule, released on Tuesday and posted in its entirety on the Ausiello Report, relocates the red-hot Grey's Anatomy to Thursdays at 9 pm/ET, where it will be sandwiched between a new comedy block (Big Day and Notes from the Underbelly) and the new drama Six Degrees. (Oh, and it will contend there with CBS' CSI and NBC's buzz-worthy Studio 60.) Seizing Grey's plum post-Housewives berth is Calista Flockhart's Brothers & Sisters.

Also of note: Season 3 of Dancing with the Stars will air Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 8; the hostage drama The Nine gets the Lost lead-out slot freed up by the ejection of Invasion; and Friday night will be the home of two newcomers: Betty the Ugly and Men in Trees. Conspicuously MIA is the talked-about drama Secrets of a Small Town.
    Well they had to do it due to Sunday Night Football on NBC and HBO lineup. I think they are going to lose some viewers so they might as well move Greys to a new night like Thursday where NBC has nothing much on anymore so they can win the night. That said I am going to miss Greys on Sundays.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think they're moving it because of competition on Sunday nights. They're moving it because it doens't make sense to have two incredibly strong shows on the same night when they can move one to strengthen another night. HBO won't have any of their biggest shows airing in the Fall. And NBC got football in prime because no one else wanted it. Football is good for networks, but week to week, they can still get a bigger audience in prime with good prime shows.

+ Reply to Thread