+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE View Post
    Now what do I have to look forward to on the show now that Izzie is gone? Why did she leave, WHY?
    I don't think she has left the show - just the internship program. She will still probably live with Mer and George, but not go to the hospital (for awhile at least). This will be interesting - I wonder if she will have learned something from this and come back even stronger????

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Now see, she finally resolved that issue for me when she was talking with the Chief. Then I could see that it wasn't a matter of Burke not being perfect... it was a matter of her not being used to actually caring enough about someone to be invested in them.
    I know, and I know that scene was meant to show that...but all I could think during that scene was, all these interns are dumping about their problems when the chief was in there supposedly to interrogate them about who did what -- or to get them to admit it was Izzie. I know it's a drama but it wasn't even remotely believable that Izzie did this, her friends all lie to cover up for her and the chief just lets them dump all over him about their personal problems... Izzie: I'm pretty and Denny saw the real me. Cristina: I never cared til now. Meredith: You cheated with my mother. bla bla bla Yeah, so what? I also couldn't help thinking that had the heart gone to the other guy who it was intended for, maybe both Denny AND that guy would've lived. (SIDETRACK: doesn't the actor who plays Denny also play the dad on SUPERNATURAL on the WB?)

This week's episode showed me that when push comes to shove, Alex comes through (sticking up for his friends, getting the heart surgeon to fly back and operate on Denny, soothing Izzie--and I don't think it was just to get into her pants, although you never know with Alex). Cristina wasn't as strong as I thought she'd be when it really mattered--when someone that close to her needed her. Meredith went back to being the same co-dependant dingdong she was earlier this season...

I thought Derek did call Meredith a whore...did she call herself that? What did he say to her that was nasty (last week I mean)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I know, and I know that scene was meant to show that...but all I could think during that scene was, all these interns are dumping about their problems when the chief was in there supposedly to interrogate them about who did what -- or to get them to admit it was Izzie. I know it's a drama but it wasn't even remotely believable that Izzie did this, her friends all lie to cover up for her and the chief just lets them dump all over him about their personal problems... Izzie: I'm pretty and Denny saw the real me. Cristina: I never cared til now. Meredith: You cheated with my mother. bla bla bla Yeah, so what? I also couldn't help thinking that had the heart gone to the other guy who it was intended for, maybe both Denny AND that guy would've lived. (SIDETRACK: doesn't the actor who plays Denny also play the dad on SUPERNATURAL on the WB?)
    Yup, that's Sam & Dean's dad. I'm probably the only person who actually wanted Denny to die, as payback for what a horrible thing Izzy did (cheating some little kids' father out of his rightful heart) and because I'm hoping to see more of him on Supernatural.

And I agree about the lack of believability. I spent the first hour and a half rolling my eyes and wondering if I'd even bother with this show next season, but then it redeemed itself in the last 20 minutes. For me anyway. I never actually came to the point of tears, but I was close when Cristina finally clasped Burke's hand.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I just watched the 2 hours. Yes, I was going to say that Cristina asked Burke if he was going to tell Shepard, she meant the shaking hand.

I was bawling when they put Doc down. My dog died a week and a half ago and it still hurts. My Rocky was a good dog too.

Anyway, this was a great episode in my opinion. Loved that the Chief gave his niece the prom. Loved Izzie's dress. Loved that Cristina told Burke "this is as supportive girlfriend I get, and you ruin it by talking medicine". I think for her, she tried. Loved Bailey's line about "her suckups".

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I thought Derek did call Meredith a whore...did she call herself that? What did he say to her that was nasty (last week I mean)?
    He said something along the lines of the number of men she had been with and she said "you don't get to call me a whore." He didn't actually say the word "whore" to her but that was what he was implying.

I lost it when they had to put Doc to sleep. Then with Denny dying on top of it, I was ok until Izzie started sobbing. Alex picking her up was so sweet, after everything that had happened between them that was a big thing for him to do.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I was standing in front of my tv when Meredith ran off to one of the rooms and derek followed. I stood there and said to myself, "Those two are going to end up having sex before the end of the night" and meredith's underwear falling to the floor proved that one for me.

I think Meredith is going to go home with the vet next season, Derek was just looking so guilty around meredith but i guess those feelings are only natural when you've done something that affects and/or will affect alot of people.
    Alex came off a bit likeable in this last ep even though he's a genuine hard-a**.
    Bailey, I like it when she gives direction. She singlehandedly came in and said silver and pink and then girls paid attenion. One of those girls' played Mark (ER) Green's daughter and in the episode at 8pm, one of the patient's is Sidney Poitier's daughter.
    I didn't think the Denny storyline would end like that, i did think he would live, wasn't sure about the marriage though. I just endured 3 hours of this show.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    My thoughts:
    Poor Denny but he wasn't meant to be a regular. I hate that he had to die but at least he died happy knowing the woman he loved agreed to marry him.

I think the Chief is conflicted because he stayed with his wife because it was the right thing to do but he did love Ellis Grey and may have regretted his decision in choosing his wife over her. But then when he found out his wife knew about the affair all along and stayed with him, he realized how much his wife loved him. When his niece was dancing with him and said "I'm loved and everyone should know what it's like to be loved" I think he may have been thinking of the love his wife had for him as well as the love Ellis had for him. Derrek is in the same position the Chief was in all those years ago.

And then seeing the vet look at Meredith and realize that she was conflicted between him and McDreamy - too much for me to take! I want her to pick the vet just because Derrek shouldn't get to try it with the wife and still have Meredith waiting in the wings.

I thought that the moment w/ the chief & Derek would have been something to make him realize Addison was worth it, his life would be worth it, but he's as big a spineless simpleton nitwit as meredith, so they deserve ea other, BUT OUCH for Finn, that was
    I am SO HAPPY that denny died. No "good deed" goes unpunished.
    i also thought it was ironic(?) that everybody was in black, i dunno when they popped into the room it was but then alex came along.
    I'm in the minority, that I like Alex, he's lacking in certain areas, but somehow he's more redeemable than derek to me

i was so booing and hissing at the tv when Meridith and McSkeezy were in the room alone. Oi, i so cant stand that couple. And if Mer doesnt want Finn, i will gladly take him. And Geoge and Callie in the hall, way to get 'em George! And George appologizing to Mer in the hall... made me love him even more. And dammit... the azz that Alex is, he had to go and redeem himself. Why cant they just let me hate him!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I think this season of Grey's Anatomy should have a few Emmy Nominations. Such a great season, now we have to wait for like years ugh.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Well I manage not to talk to the TV the entire time this time... I was too stun to say much. But it was truly a really good finale. No huge life hanging moments. They did a nice job of flat out ending certain storyline's with a clear answer.

Tho I was not expecting them to kill Denny off... but at least it was done quitely. Not some huge angst filled dying moment that took up 10 minutes. They left Izzie to make the huge drama instead. Tho she looked lovely in that dress doing so...

The best moment for me... when Callie walked in on Meredith and that idiot. First, Callie stopped Meredith from walking all over the place with her dress hanging off her. Then Callie shot that nasty look at lame-o boy. Which was priceless. And I love George finally decided to act and make that big move on Callie in the hall! About time!

Bailey was cracking me up... from "where are my suck up's!" to telling the teenage girls why they needed to use white and silver colors at the prom... "it make's your dress POP"....

+ Reply to Thread