+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I just read that they're going to re-air last night's episode right before the season finale. On the East Coast, the re-run will be joined in progress after the Presidential address, about 8:20, and then the finale airs at 9 PM.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I will be stunned if ABC airs anything but Grey's at 8pm (central time). First of all... it will kill their ratings. Which you know they will win if they air on time. And lets be honest they are going to air that stupid presidential speech all over the cable news channels. There is no need to screw up their night of ratings to hear a man carry-on about nothing. Its not as if he is going to announce he is an idiot. Or tell us gas isn't going to be 3.00 a gallon anymore. Whatever he babbles on about... is not worth screwing up this night of finale's. (I have to record Medium too!) If I wanted to hear anything that pinhead had to say... I would flip on CNN and put on the mute button.

Riveted

I was stuck to the tv the whole show. What an ending!! Izzie needed to be slapped when she got hysterical and George should have stopped her from doing what she did. She'll end up killing Denny since Burke is out of commission and may not live. What was she thinking?? I hope they don't kill Burke off! I felt bad for Addison too. Realizing that her husband is jealous because Meredith moved on. Then to be humiliated with discussion being heard by everyone downstairs. I hope the President's speech doesn't cut into the finale or I'll be really po'd. Wish the ole country windbag would pick another night. They already had to move Oprah's Legends ball to next Monday now because of it.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I will be stunned if ABC airs anything but Grey's at 8pm (central time).
    Do the networks even have a choice whether or not to carry Presidential speeches? (Forgive me, I'm Canadian and unclear on the rules.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

QBoots #1: I don't think they do. #2 What part of Canada are you from? My husband and I are going to NS next year for our anniversary.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    QBoots #1: I don't think they do.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    #2 What part of Canada are you from? My husband and I are going to NS next year for our anniversary.
    Ontario. But Nova Scotia is quite beautiful, you'll enjoy yourself I'm sure.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

This is where I read that they're re-running last night's episode (to be joined in progress at 8:20)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...=20060515abc18
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Do the networks even have a choice whether or not to carry Presidential speeches? (Forgive me, I'm Canadian and unclear on the rules.)
    They do actually, on quite a few occassions i've seen only 1 network interrupt their programs for him.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Officially, yes. The White House requests time, and it's up to each network whether they grant it, and how they grant it. However, the networks know that the reputation of their news department is at stake, and if their competitors carry it and they don't, it (in theory) hurts their credibility. In addition, the press office remembers which networks grant their requests and which do not when it comes to scheduling exclusive interviews. If ABC were to say "no" to too many speeches when NBC and CBS said yes,then when Diane Sawyer was trying to get the same interview as Brian Williams, ABC would lose out.

LG.
    cable networks largely haven't covered the President's speeches, well the non-news non-politics stations. I remember when I was a kid, all three networks (yes, this was before FOX even existed) always carried them. *Damn, I am old*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread