+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    It's the way they lead viewers down one road, only to take another, that makes me think that Izzie won't be the character out of the intern program. Yes, it's highly unrealistic for her to contine, but we could make a long long list of all the twists this show takes that are unrealistic. They're not exactly striving for medical realism. I think the theory floated earlier that Christina will leave surgery for an ER internship, or even that Alex will leave surgery for a gynecology internship, is more likely. I think that the language they're using for the info is very specific - someone will be leaving the surgical intern program. That doesn't mean they're leaving the hospital. It'd be too hard in a show like this to have a constant character who didn't work at the hospital. Too much of the real storylines take place in the hospital.
    This is a show which was just profiled on 20-20 and bragged about having "realistic medical stories", even if a bit exaggerated. They think they do, except for stuff like surgery time, recovery time, etc.

And they would look like total idiots showing the progression of events they did with Izzie and not punishing her with the end of her (obviously misguided) career. For all of Meredith's over-emotional and selfish ways, the one thing they make clear is that she's likely had medical ethics pounded into her from birth, even before med school. Izzie seems to have slept through that course in med school, however.

I do get the logic that having one of the pack leave for another program at the same hospital makes sense (although I'd suspect George of it soonest, not Cristina or Alex). But how they blew their wad exposing Izzie's little stunt to too many people. Let's see who she involved?

--Burke, assuming he lives, who she tipped in desperation to get him back to the hospital.
    --Alex, who lied for her at the other hospital.
    --George, embroiled by his very presence.
    --Bailey, who's likely to get in trouble to some degree for putty Izzie back on the case.

3 people who'd have to lie for her to save her career, and maybe 4 since Bailey would have to bite her tongue about her suspicions. How is this even remotely credible?

Hey... you know what else has been bugging me for months. Meredith was introduced as such a potential star in the program. They even alluded to it a few episodes back. But she seems to be in less operation scenes that any of the rest, except maybe Izzie. They always seem to put her in the "Doctor Carter" holding a patient by the hand scenes instead. I suppose it would be a kick if SHE'S the one who transfers to ER duty, seeing as how a lot of people here and on other boards totally loathe her as the title character (me, I just wish they'd stop writing her as a whiny selfish annoying beyotch and re-focus on some positive qualities, assuming they are buried in there).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm still waiting for someone to answer my post for a recap for the first half hour. I know it's on again tonight but it said it will already be in progress after the president speaks and knowing my luck, it'll pick up in the same place that I picked it up last night. I need to know what I missed in the first half hour.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    Krom, I don't think that Izzy's act will go completely unpunished. I just don't think it'll lead to her having her medical license stripped. ER is a more realistic medical show, and there have been serveral things on tha show that would lead to job loss in real life, which has just been "learning experience" suspension on ER.

Nilesgirl - the first half hour truly just set up the second half that you saw. All the patients from the shooting incident were brought in, and we established that the one couple was engaged, but she broke it off when he dove behind her when the shooting started rather than protecting her. Another patient who was shot was really worried about his friend, who was the pregnant girl whose parents wanted to keep her alive at the end. Christina wanted to go along with Burke to get the heart, but he took Alex instead. I think the only detail which wasn't covered in the second half was the background of the heart they were battling over. When Burke and Alex arrived at the other hospital, they found out that there had been twin brothers who both died in a car accident, so there were two donor hearts being recovered. It turns out the other doctor recovering a heart finished #2 in medical school behind Burke and they were rivals. The patient whose heart he was recovering crashed, rendering his heart useless. So Burke started the fight to get the other heart. The two patients waitng were EXTREMELY close in all factors to get it, but the other guy edged Denny out by just a bit.

Wow Veruka, I saw the show and didn't catch the part where both donors were twin brothers!

The Izzy/Denny scenario was very disturbing - didn't like it at all.

Derek and Meredith waiting for the elevator - very sizzling. I could feel the sexual tension.

Poor Addison - but I don't feel too sorry for her. She deserves it and went into it with her eyes wide open knowing he had the hots for Meredith.

Meredith - hope, hope, hope she doesn't go back with Derek and stays with the Vet at least for awhile. Make Derek suffer - he deserves it.

Burke - didn't see that coming.

Meredith telling the vet, yes, I love him alot or however it was phrased (supposedly talking about doc) and the look on her face when hugging him....makes you feel she's doubting continuing this relationship with the vet...Burke...omg I cannot wait for tonight!
    Yup, with donuts!!

What was the discussion in the elevator between Addy, Mer and Shepard?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    What was the discussion in the elevator between Addy, Mer and Shepard?
    Oh, forgot about that part. Meredith and Derek had a meeting with Finn about the dog. (I don't think Addison was there, but she may have been - I don't remember) Finn told them that the dog had bone cancer in his leg, and they had a variety of options, which may include removing the leg depending on how much it spread. Meredith was for doing whatever it took to save the dog. Derek thought the dog would die anyway, so they shouldn't do much, and Meredith was disgusted by his attitude.

So then the three of them were on the elevator together, with lots of tension between Meredith and Derek (due to their differing on the dog) and Addison mistook it at first for their sleeping together again. So she asked Meredith, who said no, she was dating the vet. That's when Addison realized why Derek was really upset.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I hate that Desperate Hobags is getting priority over this show, if bush interrupts i'll be extremely pissed.

That conversation with the vet, wasn't just about the dog, trust me. And at the end when Meredith said she loved him, i believe she meant Derek.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Izzy and Denny scene with her going crazy about him not getting the heart, crying, blubbering, wanting him to live for her, it was over the top.

No doctor would be like that, she's basically saying "let me try to kill you so you can live for me." what? And he accepts? huh? That scene was just so outside the bounds of freakiness.

'twas like a soap opera instead of a drama.

+ Reply to Thread