+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    I really have to give the writers a lot of credit. They obviously have their finger on the pulse of what viewers are going to expect from certain scenes, and manage to throw out all sorts of surprises. The way they shot the scene of Meredith and Derek in the elevator towards the end of the show, I was convinced thatthey were going to jump each other in the elevator. I figured that was the "shocking end" that ABC was promoting. But they just walked off.

Then, we get to the gun shots, and I just somewhat thought "oh well, the jerk boss guy has been shot". When Bailey went outside, I was still thinking that. Then to see Burke laying there? I never expected that!

It's the way they lead viewers down one road, only to take another, that makes me think that Izzie won't be the character out of the intern program. Yes, it's highly unrealistic for her to contine, but we could make a long long list of all the twists this show takes that are unrealistic. They're not exactly striving for medical realism. I think the theory floated earlier that Christina will leave surgery for an ER internship, or even that Alex will leave surgery for a gynecology internship, is more likely. I think that the language they're using for the info is very specific - someone will be leaving the surgical intern program. That doesn't mean they're leaving the hospital. It'd be too hard in a show like this to have a constant character who didn't work at the hospital. Too much of the real storylines take place in the hospital.

FORT Fan
    What do you think the future holds for Addision? I felt so bad for her last night. I was hoping that she and Derrick would be able to work their relationship out. Do you think that she will hook up with someone in the hospital? I really like the vet for Meredith, he doesn't seem like the type that would play games like McDreamy. I hope that Addison's character will still continue to be a part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie View Post
    What do you think the future holds for Addision? I felt so bad for her last night. I was hoping that she and Derrick would be able to work their relationship out. Do you think that she will hook up with someone in the hospital? I really like the vet for Meredith, he doesn't seem like the type that would play games like McDreamy. I hope that Addison's character will still continue to be a part of the show.
    I definitely think Addison will remain part of the show. She's been a fan favorite and they've really incorporated her into the nuances of the show by developing a storyline with her and Alex as well.

I'm hoping the earlier rumors of Dr. McSteamy coming back for some shows next season are true, not only because he is just hot as hell, but also because that would make for an interesting conflict.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I hope you are right. I really felt sorry for Addison last night. She could deal with Derek potentially cheating with Meredith, but it blew her away that he was just upset about Meredith moving on. I didn't quite understand why the Chief chewed her out for confronting Derek. It's not like she meant to do that where everyone could hear. No one is that much of a glutton for humiliation.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a suicide/suicide attempt from Izzy. I also can't understand how Izzy could remain a doc at that hospital, legally, after what she has done, however she still has a lot of storyline that can be explored...for example, her daughter.

Reality in storylines is fairly important, but in television, drama trumps reality.

I'm also sick of the "Mc-this, Mc-that, Mc-stupid, Mc-everything". ..enough, alreadyl. It's not clever...it's gotten to be grating.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    The whole thing with Izzy talking Denny into putting his condition into critical state just to gamble that he will get the heart first is so insane that it just about turned me off on the whole show. Too many people acting irresponsibly, unethically, and just plain stupidly. Mainly Izzie, but also Denny, George, and even Burke. I'm thinking Katherine Heigl wants to leave the show and maybe Isaiah Washington too, so they plan to kill off Burke (or leave him in limbo over the summer while Washington negotiates his contract) and have Izzie either die or lose her medical license (after her stupidity kills Denny).

I'm on the west coast so I am hoping W. will be done with his speech well before 9 PM out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Show of hands.

Who else isn't going to be able to take this show seriously if Izzie isn't fired?
    Me! Me!

God, I'm really starting to dislike all of these characters. They're so freakin' self-centered. At this point I only like Bailey. And maybe George.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Could someone please recap the first half hour for me?? My stupid VCR tape screwed up.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Enya Windo View Post
    The whole thing with Izzy talking Denny into putting his condition into critical state just to gamble that he will get the heart first is so insane that it just about turned me off on the whole show. .
    exactly why i do not want to watch the finale. Everything is just plain ridiculous

If you haven't heard about this site, it's great. It is a blog from the writers, and the morning after a show, the episodes author writes a blog.
    www.greyswriters.com

The funniest line of last night's show:
    Christina "If anyone goes postal and shoots up the place, it's that girl" (about Izzy)

And I hope Mer is smart, Finn is hotter and would never imply she was a whore

+ Reply to Thread