+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Okay, who the heck is Doc?
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Fogey
    Isn't Doc the dog?

I love this show. I tried to watch House a few times, but can't stand House's attitude and constant complaining and grumbling - he is very unappealing to me in every way (looks included).

Greys Anatomy is so well written. It reminds of the old show St. Elsewhere with such diverse, multi-dimensional characters. The plot lines and sexual tension between certain characters are also great.

Meredith/Derek/Addision Triangle: Derek is in love with Meredith who loved him back, but he dumped her for his cheating estranged wife who is more in love with her career than she is with him. He made the wrong decision and is now having a major meltdown. He senses that Mere is emotionally moving away from him and getting on with her life (the Vet), while his relationship with Addision is still tenuous at best. He is jealous, regretful, and depressed and he doesn't know how to fix things. He broke more than Meredith's heart when he chose Addision. He also fractured his own heart. Meredith is his soul mate and regardless of whether he stays with Addison or leaves her, he may never get Meredith back. He probably saw Meredith as being there for him should things change, but that may no longer be a possibility. (Personally, I think he deserves what he is getting - he blew it big time).

Denny/Izzy/Alex: Another triangle. She is love with Denny's sweetness and vulnerability. He is in love with his doctor/nurse type ala Florence Nightingale. Alex is in love with Alex (but in lust with Izzy). Denny will probably die, Alex will try to get Izzy back, and Izzy will move on to someone else. This is a limited plot line.

Burke/Christina/her career: He is in love with her, she loves her career and is infatuated with him, but loves her career. If he makes her choose, it won't be him. They are such total opposites in nearly every way. I can't see this relationship lasting in the long run - not enough glue and she just can't/won't make sacrifices for him.

George/Callie/Meredith: He idealizes Meredith, but Callie is a real girl (not a dream girl). She is infatuated with him, but can't compete with a dream. He's a fool - she is the classic "earth mother" - beautiful sultry face, a lush curvy body (a "real" woman), and lots of hot loving to give him. He is probably too young and inexperienced to appreciate what he has with her.

Just my take on the triangles. I love all the comments. This is a great show to analyze.

I loved St. Elsewhere too, Aname! That was one of my favorite shows.

Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21 View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Agghhhhh! Really? That would be a dilemma but I think its obvious who she would choose if I think I'm right...DEREK!
    well

Click to see Spoiler:
    It really depends if she's on the outside looking in or the inside pining away. If she really, really looks at the situation she is trying so hard to pull herself out of she will stay with Finn and continue to work on her new start.. but...
    I think back to when I was in my 20's - If I thought I was in love with a guy I don't think that I would have had the foresight to see any further than OMG he's single now, he gave up his wife for me! I'm the WINNER! .. then I would have jumped his bones.
    You never know, Meredith might have realized she hit rock bottom with the George incident and she may not want to give up the progress she's made since then without Derek.

Besides, the things Derek said to her in the stairwell were really nasty
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    Burke/Christina/her career: He is in love with her, she loves her career and is infatuated with him, but loves her career. If he makes her choose, it won't be him. They are such total opposites in nearly every way. I can't see this relationship lasting in the long run - not enough glue and she just can't/won't make sacrifices for him.
    I agree on House aname, I don't know about Christina though - she gave up her apartment against her better judgement and she really seems to be trying to get into the groove with Burke but with Christina every inch is a battle and Burke seems to just expect her to fall into line. He is patient and thank goodness he TALKS about it when something is bothering him instead of just letting it fester, IMO Christina is learning step by step how to be in a loving two way relationship.

Did anyone else find it kind of 'intimate' when Izzie called Burke Preston when they were talking about Denny's condition? I know that they get along and they are friends but no one but the Chief and Addison call him that - not even Christina.
    Really if Christina did call him Preston that would be a very intimate gesture on her part

Remember the whole Thanksgiving episode when Burke and Izzie bonded over cooking? I think that is where the Preston comes from.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

yep I remember that .. I guess in comparison with Christina it just seems so intimate

I was glad that Meredith stood up to Derek when he basically called her a whore. That ticked me off. I missed the episode two weeks ago because I fell asleep and only caught the last 5 minutes. How did Derek end up making out with his wife and getting in the shower with her? That's the only part I saw. Can anyone give me an edited version of what happened that episode? Thanks!
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Gal View Post
    I was glad that Meredith stood up to Derek when he basically called her a whore. That ticked me off. I missed the episode two weeks ago because I fell asleep and only caught the last 5 minutes. How did Derek end up making out with his wife and getting in the shower with her? That's the only part I saw. Can anyone give me an edited version of what happened that episode? Thanks!
    Derek and Addison had not very hot sex in the beginning of the episode, and realized how passionless things were with them. Then at the end of the episode, Derek had to take the dog to the vet, and when he arrived, discovered Meredith coming downstairs wearing the vet's shirt, so he assumed they'd slept together (they didn't) and got jealous. So, in a fit of jealousy, he went home and asked Addison to get in the shower with him so he could have hot sex with her to make up for what he wasn't having with Meredith.

+ Reply to Thread