+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

emotions can be buried - but they can't be turned off like a tap. Derek is trying .. he's failing .. but at least he's trying.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I think the point is that Derek is trying to do the right thing. It might not really be right but he's doing the best he can with the situation that he's in, and he can't help how he feels.
    Okay, he can't help how he feels. But he can help how he acts on those feelings. Things like asking Meredith to meet him in the park to walk the dog? Those are actions he could have controlled, and would not have done if he were actually committed to making his marriage work.

All I can say is that I like George and the guy who plays him and I hope that they pair him up with someone who is popular, fun, well liked by all and easy on the eyes and not just some girl that nobody else wants to date and dislikes. That said, I don't know of any woman who would walk into a bathroom with only her bikini panties and relieve herself in an open stall while two other women look on. When I saw that, I immediately thought what a ho! Where is her modesty? Who does that!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka
    Okay, he can't help how he feels. But he can help how he acts on those feelings. Things like asking Meredith to meet him in the park to walk the dog? Those are actions he could have controlled, and would not have done if he were actually committed to making his marriage work.

Ahh, but he fell in the age old trap of believing that, if you can't have this person in your life as a lover, you could at least try to keep them as a friend. Very rarely does that work once you've honestly fallen in love with that person. Derek and Meredith were fooling themselves to think that they could be friends.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    I absolutely agree that they were fooling themselves. And I think it was foolish enough from the get go that Derek shouldn't be applauded for trying to make his marriage work while at the same time attempting to hold on to Meredith.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Burke definitely seems to have the best body of the guys, although Alex is also good looking (leaving out the unappealing character traits!). Overall though I find Denny the most appealing. Just have never found the 6 pack look that cool...but don't know how many straight women would agree with me.
    Oh, I'll agree with ya!! I think Denny is a total hottie and we've not even seen him looking his best! But I also find Burke and McDreamy fine specimens of manhood It's great to have all kinds of good looking people to ogle on this show.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Denny, being the hottie he is....I totally thought Izzie was gonna jump his bones in the hospital bed after she closed the door. You know, for the sake of making him feel better. :-)

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    Like I said, he is trying to do the right thing by his marriage but that doesn't mean he is doing the right thing. I agree with you that he is trying to have it both ways and he is fooling himself. I think they both are fooling themselves, but he is more than she.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Goodness .. am I the only one that is sick of the fat/skinny debate? Who cares? :roll eyes

I was reading In Touch last night and regarding the next show it said :
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that Meredith must choose between Derek and Finn! ... you have to wonder what events would suddenly make Derek single??!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Agghhhhh! Really? That would be a dilemma but I think its obvious who she would choose if I think I'm right...DEREK!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Looks like something major is gonna happen in the two part finale. They won't even show us anything about it.

Here's the best I could find:

Sunday, May 14, 2006 from 10 PM to 11 PM EST.

George and Derek work together, Denny still doesn't have a heart, and Meredith gets paired with Callie. A 12-week pregnant girl dies in the O.R. and her parents try to keep the baby alive. This causes tension between Derek and Addison. One doctor's overreaction unites two bickering patients. Finn is still treating Doc for medical problems.

Monday, May 15, 2006 from 9 PM to 10 PM EST.

Denny needs a heart or else. Izzie and George go crazy trying to find one. Derek has the life of a friend in his hands. Cristina gets put in charge of the ER. Also the interns are working under a new attending named Erica who may try to act like Bailey but just can't pull it off.

Monday, May 15, 2006 from 10 PM to 11 PM EST.

Richard tries to get information from Addison about a family member's condition. Callie and George have a talk about his feelings. Meredith and Derek have a talk about Doc.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread