+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I have to say that I was on Mer's side last night with McDoofus! How dare he treat her like that after what he did to her. "You don't get to call me a whore." Darn right. I mean after all, he slept with her. He made her believe that they were going to be together. He lied to her. He never ever told her that he was still married to Mrs. McDoofus. I'm sorry but that's way worse than what she did. Yes she slept with George and then the vet. So what!! At least she wasn't still married when she did it and lied to them about it! I no longer like McDoofus. And I'm really hating the way Mrs. McDoofus is treating Alex. I think for the first time since this show started I actually sobbed. The whole story with the pregnant mom and the doctor who caused the accident crying and begging forgiveness from the dad. I cried. You would've expected the dad to tell him off or hit him but he just touched him and accepted his apology and forgave him. That's sacrifice. That was so moving. I wanted to yell at Addison last night when she showed up in the OR just 1 minute to late and realized Alex had delivered the baby and the mom was dead. She had a look on her face like "WTH? Why didn't you wait?" I was like "Maybe if you had come in when you were asked to, we may still have the mom around b****!" I don't know. Maybe she still would've died with or without Addy there but uugggh. She is just such a b****. She's the new "nazi". Remember that from the first season? Everyone called Bailey the Nazi. Now it's Addy IMHO.
    It's because most guys (superficial one's anyway) will never give the time of day to girls who are overweight. They want a girl who's a size 2 with blonde hair and big breasts and a gorgeous face like a supermodel. That's all they care about. I can't tell you how many times I tried to fix up my best friend with a guy who seemed interested enough until they ask me about her looks and I have to be honest and say she's overweight. It's an automatic turn-off. But it's not just guys who are like that. I know girls who were the same way in high school with overweight girls. The overweight girls are always the ones who get teased and pushed around. I was one of them. It's unfair and unfortunate but sadly true. That's all that matters to some people.
    Addison is being mean to Alex because of the way he behaved last week, basically violating a woman's privacy because he felt the husband had a right to know she couldn't have any more (than 8) kids, remember? He's also gotten her involved in a lawsuit probably. He's lucky he hasn't been kicked out--she's being compassionate.
    And she was late to the surgery because she was in the middle of another one when they called her, as was already said--so I'm definitely liking Addison. She's being strict with Alex because he's not taking his responsibilities seriously ("so now I'm a babysitter", when told to watch the fetal monitor for example).
    Totally agree with everything else you said tho, nilesgirl!

LG.
    I think that Addison was actually impressed that Alex stayed on task (monitoring the baby's heartbeat) and kept the fetus in mind enough to do the c-section. Addison couldn't leave another patient wide open in a surgery (again, another delivery, most likely because Addison's speciality is neonatology, right) and risk having that baby and/or mom die to go tend to another patient who had no less than 4 surgeons already working on her. I don't think one single doctor in that room expected Addison to be able to come in and do anything to save the mother than they (Burke, Chief, Bailey) couldn't have and didn't already try. They were looking for Addison because it became apparent they'd lost the mom and wanted the best chance in saving the baby, whom they knew would be pre-term, and therefore a riskier c-section with the baby needing extra help right away after birth to survive. There had to be some one else working in the NICU at that hospital who could have / should have been standing by with an isolet and other neonatal paraphanalia to give best support to that tiny baby after birth, but I think Addison was quite impressed that Alex had delivered the baby and was working on him (?) to make sure he was breathing. Addison had said to Alex before - all of the other doctors in the room are there for Melissa (the mom) but we're there for the baby, so Alex did his job in Addison's eyes, and I don't think either of them were pissed at each other. They were disappointed that the mom didn't make it, but they saved "their" patient. As I mentioned before, one of those other docs would have likely suggested starting the c-section when the mom crashed, rather than standing around pretending they didn't realize she was pregnant with a viable fetus that was going to die if he wasn't delivered within a couple minutes. They might not all be neonatologists, but they are all still doctors. I think that was left in to make Alex step to the forefront and fight for his patient, the itty bitty one. I think it redeemed Alex quite a bit in Addison's eyes.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fan
    I wish there would have been more information about the possibly lawsuit last night. That was some juicy stuff.

Meredith's character is boring to me. I don't care about her love life anymore. Christina and Burke's relationship is more interesting IMHO.

I totally agree with everyone who said that the "washing your hands" incident was very immature. Meredith and Izzie should embrace the new women in George's life. She is obviously making him happy and if they were true friends they would be happy for him, instead of harping on his new women.

Can't wait until the two episode season finale. That is going to be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    Actually, I believe that House encourages this kind of interaction to get their creative processes going. He is constantly pushing them to come up with ideas in order to prove himself or each other right/wrong. Also, None of the three working with House are students, they are all doctors.

I just find Grey's so completely annoying that I cannot force myself to stay up and watch anymore. I would much rather watch House
    Actually, last season I think you are right but this season they are different. The students are acting all that and as if they know more than House. They are second guessing his every move, fighting with each other and that one girl in particular, when she is not fighting or disobeying House and her fellow students, she is sleeping with them. WTH!!!! It's different this season and it's taking away from the show and the story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    It's because most guys (superficial one's anyway) will never give the time of day to girls who are overweight. They want a girl who's a size 2 with blonde hair and big breasts and a gorgeous face like a supermodel. That's all they care about. I can't tell you how many times I tried to fix up my best friend with a guy who seemed interested enough until they ask me about her looks and I have to be honest and say she's overweight. It's an automatic turn-off. But it's not just guys who are like that. I know girls who were the same way in high school with overweight girls. The overweight girls are always the ones who get teased and pushed around. I was one of them. It's unfair and unfortunate but sadly true. That's all that matters to some people.
    This is the way Hollywood is too. It's typical stereotyping because as I stated before, George is not Tom Cruise and Callie is no Jessica Simpson. A Jessica Simpson type would not be hooking up with George and no way would a Tom Cruise type be caught dead near a Callie. It's superficial, it's stereotyping at its worst. And for the poster who made the comment about the Asian drivers being the worst, yet another example of the stereotyping in the scriptwriting here. I hope it stops!

Quote Originally Posted by Nena902 View Post
    This is the way Hollywood is too. It's typical stereotyping because as I stated before, George is not Tom Cruise and Callie is no Jessica Simpson. A Jessica Simpson type would not be hooking up with George and no way would a Tom Cruise type be caught dead near a Callie. It's superficial, it's stereotyping at its worst. And for the poster who made the comment about the Asian drivers being the worst, yet another example of the stereotyping in the scriptwriting here. I hope it stops!
    That's interesting because, no offense, I find your entire comment (and this train of conversation) to be stereotypical.... so to be now accusing the scriptwriters of being stereotypical is quite.... hypocritical.

Grey's Anatomy is probably the most openly diverse show that we have on television. Shonda Rimes and the rest of her producing/directing staff have spoken openly that they wrote all of the characters and then cast the actors without care/concern/direction for what race/ethnicity they were. We have the Chief, Burke, Christina, Bailey..... none of them were written as African-American or Asian characters. For that reason, I have absolutely not one doubt in my mind that they didn't cast Jim as an Asian character; he just happened to be an Asian actor. To accuse them of playing up a negative stereotype is grossly inaccurate and unfair.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nena902 View Post
    And for the poster who made the comment about the Asian drivers being the worst, yet another example of the stereotyping in the scriptwriting here. I hope it stops!
    I actually didn't say Asians drove the worst. I said I was really glad no one on the show (or this board) made a comment about how the driver who caused that accident was Asian American. I was cringing waiting for that to happen. (The actor is John Cho, by the way, and I loved him in "Harold & Kumar" and the "American Pie" movies.)

It wasn't that long ago that Jessica Simpson was considered "plump" and she even said she had some problems dealing with her body issues since she was never naturally a stick person. I'm not a big fan of her music but she's a beautiful woman and I hope she doesn't lose any more weight!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Live and learn (stereotypes)--never heard that one about Asians before! Women yes, Asians no.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    A couple things really got me last night. One, the husband talking about how he came home from college with this big-haired Southern wife and got teased about it and didn't care. And then him facing the reality that now he might have to bury her. Whoever played the husband really did a good job of making you feel the character's despair. Two, Big Jim's reaction to Martin's apology and Martin bawling as a result.
    Mar, I was just coming here to post the same thing. This is the first time I've watched the show so I have no clue who the characters are or how they're intertwined with one another, but WOW, this episode really sucked me in - mainly due to the 'guest' characters.

I'll be tuning in again next week.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy View Post
    Mar, I was just coming here to post the same thing. This is the first time I've watched the show so I have no clue who the characters are or how they're intertwined with one another, but WOW, this episode really sucked me in - mainly due to the 'guest' characters.

I'll be tuning in again next week.
    Jewels,

The first season is out on dvd so you could catch up on the main characters pretty quickly.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread