+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    That's called a double standard. I know a lot of people who think that it's okay to live like that (a double standard). "I can be married and flirt with as many guys as I want but if I see him flirting with other girls, look out." And vice versa.
    Believe me, there are legions of men and women out there who would not agree with you, and would never treat their spouses that way. I also think Callie is really hot (girl crush indeed!) and if anything, she oozes sexuality in a way the skinnier Meredith and Izzy only wish they could! Meredith especially seems skeletal and unhealthy. I don't know anything about the actress' health or anything. I thought it was part of the whole overworked, overstressed, bad eating, etc. culture of these interns and that they cast a vaguely sick-looking lead actress on purpose.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I'm not saying it's okay to live like that. I'm just saying I know people who think it's okay.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I'm not saying it's okay to live like that. I'm just saying I know people who think it's okay.

so do i, nilesgirl, so do i.

I too think Callie is hot. I wish I could look that good in those sexy little red panties she had on. And if I did, I'd walk around the house wearing them too.

I think she and George are great together and I hope that the writers don't come up with a cheating story line that will break them up. There needs to be at least one stable couple on the show.

cheating?? who do you think would cheat Applesauce?? Are you talking about Alex and Addison?

ya know maybe Derek lashed out at Meredith because she looked happy with Finn and he is not quite as happy with Addison. - just a thought
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    cheating?? who do you think would cheat Applesauce?? Are you talking about Alex and Addison?

ya know maybe Derek lashed out at Meredith because she looked happy with Finn and he is not quite as happy with Addison. - just a thought
    ooooh, GOOD one, duxxy! that actually never crossed my mind...i was thinking jealousy & that's it.....that puts an interesting spin on things.

i think applesauce is thinking george/callie cheating storyline....i hope that doesn't happen...if anything ruins their relationship, it'll be george's unwillingness to stand up for callie with izzy & mer.

I just finished reading Grey's blog - Shonda herself wrote this one ... she says Derek is enraged with jealousy - sorry about your luck chum!

I don't know - I kind of still have a soft spot for Derek. He's doing 'the right thing' he's giving his marriage a fighting chance -which is more than can be said for real people who's first reaction is divorce rather than it being a last resort. He's caught in the crossfire of his own emotions; loyalty to his wife and his 'new' love for Meredith (we all know how powerful new love can be) that he has tried to quash. He's trying to keep all the balls in the air and they are beginning to crash down around his ears
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Marleybone..... Callie apparently did wash her hands, but she had to do it in the kitchen sink because Izzy and Mer were hogging the sink area and Callie wanted to get out of there ASAP.
    I knew that when she told George at the end of the show, but nobody else knew that she had washed her hands in the kitchen. The very idea of not washing is gross, especially to anyone who works in the medical or food service professions.

Callie was right, George has to stand up for her. I still think that Callie should have knocked first, and knowing that other people live in the house she should have at least thrown on one of George's t-shirts.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Two, Big Jim's reaction to Martin's apology and Martin bawling as a result.
    I think Martin was almost hoping Big Jim would beat him up or scream at him...because he felt completely responsible for what happened. If I was Big Jim, I wouldn't have been as forgiving (because let's face it, I'm not as nice).

I was really glad no one made a joke -- you know, about the whole stereotype about Asians being bad drivers. That would've just been a cheap shot. It was a heartbreaking scene because these interns ARE overworked and sleep deprived and an innocent person died as a result of it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    I just finished reading Grey's blog - Shonda herself wrote this one ... she says Derek is enraged with jealousy - sorry about your luck chum!

I don't know - I kind of still have a soft spot for Derek. He's doing 'the right thing' he's giving his marriage a fighting chance -which is more than can be said for real people who's first reaction is divorce rather than it being a last resort. He's caught in the crossfire of his own emotions; loyalty to his wife and his 'new' love for Meredith (we all know how powerful new love can be) that he has tried to quash. He's trying to keep all the balls in the air and they are beginning to crash down around his ears
    If he were really doing the right thing though, would he be clinging to these feelings for Meredith? Marriage isn't just about living under the same roof as someone else. He declared this week that things were "over" with Meredith, because he thinks she's sleeping with someone else. Would a man who is truly working hard at his marriage have to declare things OVER with another woman, months after he re-committed himself to his wife?

+ Reply to Thread