+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree727Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    gaby, i realized that too. They are so defensive toward their attendings.

I have a strong feeling that they have added some very young new writers to this show. I thought that the whole thing bathroom scene was straight out of junior high and could have been eliminated altogether. My main problem with last night's show was that I find it insulting that they feel they have to stereotype George and this new woman, the "dorky" guy can only get the overweight not so easy on the eyes girl. First off, I think that George is a doll and getting cuter all the time, but who says that the not so popular, kind of quiet and shy guy can't get the nice looking popular outgoing girl? And vice versa. They did this story line over on FX last year on Rescue Me when the cute outgoing highly sexed probie ended up with an overweight girl and the entire firehouse was riddiculing him for it. Why the stereotypes in Hollywood? Let's break free and see George with a Baywatch beauty and this new girl with one of the hunks!

And Gaby, I was just saying this very thing for the House,MD series. These students answering back and ignoring their instructor (House) on a daily basis, questioning his authority, his judgment and his knowledge (especially that one girl student) and it's the same thing on this show. The interns would have been booted out if they ever sassed, questioned, rolled their eyes, ignored or answered back an instructor or an attending or resident- there's no question about that. You are totally right. I think this is due to the young writers they have on these shows and you can tell by the storylines they are young, they have no knowledge and don't do their homework before writing scripts. Over on the show Desperate Housewives, they had Susan in a wheel chair for weeks after routine surgery which would never have happened. You don't leave the hospital after surgery and stay in a wheel chair like that unless you are 80 years old with a broken hip, they encourage you to walk as much as possible right away. These younger writers need to do more homework before they sit down to their word processors to write these scripts. Or they need their scripts checked by professionals for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nena902 View Post
    And Gaby, I was just saying this very thing for the House,MD series. These students answering back and ignoring their instructor (House) on a daily basis, questioning his authority, his judgment and his knowledge (especially that one girl student) and it's the same thing on this show. The interns would have been booted out if they ever sassed, questioned, rolled their eyes, ignored or answered back an instructor or an attending or resident- there's no question about that.
    Actually, I believe that House encourages this kind of interaction to get their creative processes going. He is constantly pushing them to come up with ideas in order to prove himself or each other right/wrong. Also, None of the three working with House are students, they are all doctors.

I just find Grey's so completely annoying that I cannot force myself to stay up and watch anymore. I would much rather watch House

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I would much rather watch House
    house is priceless. My favorite medical show

Quote Originally Posted by Nena902 View Post
    I have a strong feeling that they have added some very young new writers to this show. I thought that the whole thing bathroom scene was straight out of junior high and could have been eliminated altogether. My main problem with last night's show was that I find it insulting that they feel they have to stereotype George and this new woman, the "dorky" guy can only get the overweight not so easy on the eyes girl. First off, I think that George is a doll and getting cuter all the time, but who says that the not so popular, kind of quiet and shy guy can't get the nice looking popular outgoing girl? And vice versa. They did this story line over on FX last year on Rescue Me when the cute outgoing highly sexed probie ended up with an overweight girl and the entire firehouse was riddiculing him for it. Why the stereotypes in Hollywood? Let's break free and see George with a Baywatch beauty and this new girl with one of the hunks!
    I think the whole point of the bathroom scene was to set up the scene at the end where Callie told George he needs to stand up for her with Izzie and Meredith. I don't get the "overweight not so easy on the eyes girl" part of your post if you are talking about Callie. She's got a beautiful face, striking eyes, and gorgeous hair. Sure she's not a stick figure like Meredith but most women aren't. Especially once they get past a certain age.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I have to say that I was on Mer's side last night with McDoofus! How dare he treat her like that after what he did to her. "You don't get to call me a whore." Darn right. I mean after all, he slept with her. He made her believe that they were going to be together. He lied to her. He never ever told her that he was still married to Mrs. McDoofus. I'm sorry but that's way worse than what she did. Yes she slept with George and then the vet. So what!! At least she wasn't still married when she did it and lied to them about it! I no longer like McDoofus. And I'm really hating the way Mrs. McDoofus is treating Alex. I think for the first time since this show started I actually sobbed. The whole story with the pregnant mom and the doctor who caused the accident crying and begging forgiveness from the dad. I cried. You would've expected the dad to tell him off or hit him but he just touched him and accepted his apology and forgave him. That's sacrifice. That was so moving. I wanted to yell at Addison last night when she showed up in the OR just 1 minute to late and realized Alex had delivered the baby and the mom was dead. She had a look on her face like "WTH? Why didn't you wait?" I was like "Maybe if you had come in when you were asked to, we may still have the mom around b****!" I don't know. Maybe she still would've died with or without Addy there but uugggh. She is just such a b****. She's the new "nazi". Remember that from the first season? Everyone called Bailey the Nazi. Now it's Addy IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I don't get the "overweight not so easy on the eyes girl"
    It's because most guys (superficial one's anyway) will never give the time of day to girls who are overweight. They want a girl who's a size 2 with blonde hair and big breasts and a gorgeous face like a supermodel. That's all they care about. I can't tell you how many times I tried to fix up my best friend with a guy who seemed interested enough until they ask me about her looks and I have to be honest and say she's overweight. It's an automatic turn-off. But it's not just guys who are like that. I know girls who were the same way in high school with overweight girls. The overweight girls are always the ones who get teased and pushed around. I was one of them. It's unfair and unfortunate but sadly true. That's all that matters to some people.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 05-08-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Here is the one thing that annoys the crap out of me.

That everyone of the interns "sass" their attendings.

Questioning their attending Doctor's methods and direct orders. Everytime.

All that back talking Alex does to Addison... let's be real... he would have already been booted out with a big ugly mark on his folder. I spent my high school and college years working in a huge hospital with a huge resident/intern program. And I can promise you... they never ever sass-talked back to their attendings. Ever. That is the one thing that truly bugs me is they do it everytime. And with Izzy blowing off Callie ignoring a direct order... that would have never happen. I hope Callie finds her something nasty and icky to clean up.
    Exactly. It never happens. I'm a nurse practitioner and I have to supervise residents and med students, and they don't even sass me, let alone their attendings. I think Addison is handling Alex fairly well, but no way should it ever have gotten to this point in the first place. I think it would be hilarious if Alex ended up falling in love with the specialty and became an OB/GYN. Izzie is headed for big trouble, she is way too involved with Denny, everybody knows it, and blowing off Callie and the surgery was about the worst thing she could have done.

I am not loving Callie. She creeps me out for some reason and I can't figure out why. I don't know what she expected walking into their bathroom half naked and then not washing her hands. Back when I was still skating we were at the rink watching the cast of a TV special rehearsing, and one of the cast members (who is a well known former Olympic Gold Medalist) did not wash her hands in the bathroom. To this day that is the first thing that comes to my mind when I see her. It's a huge big deal especially if you are a surgeon.

FORT Fogey
    Come on guys! you are being too hard on mr Mcdoofus. I think it just shows how he genuily love Meredith. Yes he has no right to do that but hey i still feel hurt and jealous when i see my ex with someone else even though i am the one that broke it up. The mysteries of the Heart are unexplainable.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Dr. McPointy assumed Meredith slept with the hottie vet 'cause he saw her wearing a man's shirt and her hair was wet from her shower (after helping birth that cute baby horse). She hasn't slept with him yet. I was surprised she didn't tell him they never slept together but then I was glad. It's none of his business. She may be a "whore" but she's a single whore. Single people are allowed to sleep with different people until they get MARRIED. HE slept with her when we was married. Whether the SheShepard slept around on him or not doesn't make him any less of an adulterer.

I hate guys like that. Their self righteous attitude--I don't want you but I don't want any other man to have you either. I can sleep around with as many different women as I want and be a stud but if a woman does it she's a slut.

Izzie and Denny--ugh, I'm so over that. Every time I see them together it makes me want to retch. I just don't like the two of them together.

Alex showed some humanity last night when he actually worried about the fetus.

+ Reply to Thread