+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fan
    ^^^ I don't know, I hope not. The whole love triangle was getting old. I hope that they both just leave each other alone. Meredith is my least favorite character, I am glad that the episodes have expanded from the love triangle and featured more of the other characters, who I find to be much more entertaining.

Thanks Veruka. I have to watch the movie again and then I'll know the face but I know exactly who you are talking about.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Re the woman/husband privacy thing--if they told him the records were confidential he would have just said, Honey? Tell them I can look at them, and then when she said No, the cat would have been out of the bag. No way did she want to have to tell him she had a secret, that was the whole point. Because she loves him and he's a completely devout Catholic, and she doesn't want to lose him emotionally even if he would, as a devout Catholic, stay married to her.

She's still a jerk for letting Addison take the fall.

Didn't the catholic church just ok the use of condoms? I'm sure I remembered seeing that in the newspaper. They decided it was the better of two evils; considering the AIDS epidemic and all.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Didn't the catholic church just ok the use of condoms? I'm sure I remembered seeing that in the newspaper. They decided it was the better of two evils; considering the AIDS epidemic and all.
    They have decided to have a study about that issue. They have not approved any use of condoms. I don't know how long the study will take; I wonder how many women will become infected while they study.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Today I heard on the news that Pope Benedict XVI was going to be studying the subject. I want to say that I also heard something about the Church did allow condoms in the case where one spouse had HIV/AIDS. I was only half listening, though. I can't imagine them being that reasonable, though. And, before anybody thinks about jumping on me for that statement, I was raised Catholic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    I agree with you that the HIV/AIDS exception sounds unimaginable for the Catholic church. It's been my observation that most everything in Catholic doctorine is based on the assumption of always doing everything according to doctorine - no exception. So that would mean that each spouse never had sex with anyone but each other (inside of marriage), and never took drugs. So how would they get HIV/AIDS? I guess they could make an exception due to the possibility of a drug transfusion or being born to an HIV/AIDS mother. But like you sayd, that would be ... reasonable.

She's still a jerk for letting Addison take the fall.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinMom View Post
    They have decided to have a study about that issue. They have not approved any use of condoms. I don't know how long the study will take; I wonder how many women will become infected while they study.
    Frankly I'm stunned they are even going to study it...as Veruka said, way too.... reasonable.

+ Reply to Thread