+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree747Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And Dr. Bailey SEES Izzy and her patient hugging in a way that does not look very professional....
    And Addison is telling Alex to keep his mouth shut ( implied about Izzy's romance).

I also like very much that Dr. Torres is not on the verge of anorexia like Meredith. I'm sure in real life she's a size 2, but what with the camera adds she actually looks like a size normal woman, and everyone thinks she's attractive. Way to go, GA!
    Honestly in real life, I bet Dr. Torres is about a size 10-12. A size two would never look like that even on screen. I think Izzy is about a size 8. And Honestly good for them to show a woman that really is thick but still attractive.

i would KILL to have Callie's hair. It's so pretty... curly... long... thick.... man, is it purdii. I think she has the best hair out of the bunch lol

What?? size 10/12 is thick? The average woman is a size 14 .. it's nice to see an average sized woman on tv. She's sassy, she's beautiful and I say it's about time the rest of the female population was represented and not just the 8% that are stick figures.
    I thought it was odd that Calli was able to live in the hospital unnoticed.
    Do you think George will get over his 'angryness' and move back into Meredith's house or do you think that is totally out of the question?

The mother's speech (Lori Metcalf) to her daughter had me in tears too. How do you teach your child important things that take a lifetime to pass on in a few months? It was so sad.
    Preston freaking out about Christina's nekkidness was hilarious!
    "And that's why I'm the chief!!" I
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    What?? size 10/12 is thick? The average woman is a size 14 .. it's nice to see an average sized woman on tv. She's sassy, she's beautiful and I say it's about time the rest of the female population was represented and not just the 8% that are stick figures.
    I think she's gorgeous I'm glad the they finally have an "average" sized woman on this show - aside from Dr. Bailey, who isn't really portrayed as a sexy woman.

Ellen Pompeo was on the cover of Self the other month and the article indicated that she weighs about 100 pounds and is 5'7". I doubt she's even a size 2. Sorry, but this is in NO way representative of what women in America look like....maybe 2% of them, if that. I'm not bagging on her - apparently, she just can't gain weight and is naturally small. However, I appreciate seeing women of ALL sizes on TV.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ellen Pompeo was on the cover of Self the other month and the article indicated that she weighs about 100 pounds and is 5'7". I doubt she's even a size 2. Sorry, but this is in NO way representative of what women in America look like....maybe 2% of them, if that. I'm not bagging on her - apparently, she just can't gain weight and is naturally small. However, I appreciate seeing women of ALL sizes on TV.
    Nah.. that's not her normal weight. If you'd seen her in previous roles she was probably a size 6-8. She's lost a lot of weight, even from the beginning of this show (which, granted, had been filmed nearly a year before it started airing.)

And count me in as another fan of Dr. Torres. I'm really enjoying her and loved her interaction with Izzy and Meredith. And the way her demeanor changed when George found out where she lives was fun. She's a great addition to this show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

LG.
    I loved Dr. Torres' reaction to George "discovering" she lives in the hospital. Here is this hot co-worker that she's crazy about, he's just starting to notice her and pay attention to her, he calls her up, and then, oooops, he finds out that she's living at work? Yup, you don't want to scare the guy off, so she says "I'm not crazy" twelve times, as that is definitely the way to prove your sanity. It's exactly like something I'd do when I goof up in front of someone I'm trying to impress. It was very enduring, as was her attempts at haircutting and George making his move on her. I like this couple a lot. I just hope George can let go of his torch/anger/whatever for Meredith and give Callie a real chance to rock his world. Because she can and she would.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Nah.. that's not her normal weight. If you'd seen her in previous roles she was probably a size 6-8. She's lost a lot of weight, even from the beginning of this show (which, granted, had been filmed nearly a year before it started airing.)
    I think Katherine Heigl is probably a size 6, so I doubt Ellen Pompeo has ever been that big (all things being relative). Here's a pic of her in 2002 at the premiere for Moonlight Mile and she looks about the same, figure-wise: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/...%20Ellen&seq=3
    She's lost some weight in her face since then, but that tends to happen as you age (she'll be 37 this year). I think she looks more haggard than she did in the first season. I think the stress of the work schedule on this show has affected her. Anyway, she's skinny and claims to have always had trouble gaining weight. I have a friend who's got the same problem, so I have no trouble believing it.

L.G. - I'm hoping George can get over Meredith as well. Also, he needs to stop laying ALL of the blame on her. He's smart. He KNEW she didn't love him and yet he went after her anyway. She was emotionally vulnerable and he went for it. Not excusing her behavior, but it's not all her fault. I love George, but he's a big boy and needs to get on with it. * I missed the episode where they slept together, so maybe I missed something.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Agreed. George is a big boy and he needs to get over it. I can see him being embarrassed, but angry? Move on, George... move on.

I just caught Ellen Pompeo on the Friends marathon this past weekend and she was definitely significantly heavier than she is right now. On tv, she looked like she would probably be a 6-8 (comparing her to my sis) but in reality she was probably a 4-6. But she was definitely not what she is today. No big deal.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I know this is a pretty random comment, but does anyone think that Dr. Torres looks like a slightly heavier, slightly shorter, dark-haired Izzy? Especially around the eyes...

I also read the Self article about Ellen (Meredith). If I recall correctly, she said it was a bummer for people to always assume you have an eating disorder if you are skinny (not that I would know ). The article mentioned that she has a super-high metabolism and has to eat rice with butter every two hours on the set just to maintain her weight. I guess we all have our own problems...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

...And Honestly good for them to show a woman that really is thick but still attractive
    That is just so not kind. I'd prefer to say a woman who is really CURVY and attractive. I hope the Zaftig (buxom, well-bossomed) look comes back in.

I got this from a couple of ladies talking about the show at the hospital gift shop but I can't confirm it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently, someone at Greys is gay. Or rather, bi-sexual. Or rather a lesbian. And it's.........wait for this.........Christina! Her ex-lover (female) comes to the hospital to see her.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread