+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 736 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

i just started watching this show and now i am hooked

I live from Sunday to Sunday. That's sad! And only two more eps until the fall.

Oh shoot! I forgot about tonight's episode because of Survivor. Can anybody post a short synopsis? That would be nifty.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Premium Member
    Let's see, Christina's patient thinks he is having visions, she thinks it's a bunch of crap so she gets off the case and Izzy gets him. Christina then gets a 47 year old woman who they diagnose with breast cancer but she is also pregnant and she has to choose between having the baby or treating the cancer. Meredith is following a patient with Shepard who has a rapidly progressing paralysis. She also tells Shepard that her pants are staying on until she gets some details from him about his personal life. Alex had a young woman who needs a new heart valve. George is upset with himself because he was unable to get an intubation.

Christina's patient and husband decide to terminate the pregnancy so she can start chemo, then they change their mind and decide to keep the baby. Christina is upset with her because she doesn't understand choosing the baby's life over her own.

Izzy discovers that her visionary patient has an AV malformation in his brain and needs surgery, and his "visions" are really seizures. It takes awhile to convince him to have the surgery, and then when it's over he is still telling her things about herself that nobody else knows. He tells her to put coconut extract in her chocolate cupcakes and calls her "Cricket".
    Shepard wants to operate on the paralyzed guy and Meredith tries to talk him out of it because he is just going on a hunch... it turns out he is right, the patient has a blood clot on his spine. The surgery is a success and he is starting to regain some feeling in his fingers. Meredith is upset with herself for trying to talk Shepard out of the surgery.

Alex and Burke tell their heart patient she doesn't qualify for a mechanical heart valve because of some reaction to the anti-clotting drugs, but they can give her a porcine valve (from a pig). She goes ballistic because she Jewish and doesn't want part of a pig inside her body. Alex comes up with the idea of using a bovine valve (from a cow) but it's more difficult and Burke takes him off the case for bringing it up to the patient without consulting him. Burke then ends up doing the cow valve anyway and he lets Alex scrub in.
    George is walking by a room and the same nurse that Christina told him he should go after (she told him he needed a good screwing) and she is trying to get help for her patient who needs to be intubated. George hesitates but then he goes for it and gets the tube in.

In the end, Meredith and Shepard go out to a trailer in the country and he tells her all about himself. Turns out he lives in the trailer and owns all the land around it. She offers him her hand and they head inside... I guess the pants are coming off now. George and the nurse head out on a hot date, Christina watches as the pregnant cancer patient leaves the hospital, Alex is checking in on his heart patient, and Izzy is biting into a chocolate cupcake and there's a bottle of coconut extract there, then she picks up the phone and calls her mom.. "mom, it's me, Cricket."

I think that's about it.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-16-2005 at 01:54 AM.

I think that recap was pretty thorough, Marleybone!

Another great episode! I think I say that every week, but it's still true.

Did anyone else recognize the heart patient from Freaks and Geeks? I think her character's name was Millie. I recognized her right away and then I was distracted watching her through the rest of the episode because I was trying to remember the name of her character on F&G and then I started thinking about how great that show was and how much it sucked that they canceled it.... and on and on.

I was waiting for Cristina to tell Burke about the baby. I'd seriously be unhappy with her if she didn't tell him and just had the abortion. Even though it's her body and her decision (not looking for a debate, btw), he still has the right to know.

From the previews for next week it looks like Dr. Perfect may not be so perfect and Meredith may be getting her heart broken.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-16-2005 at 05:57 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks so much, Marleybone! I was mostly worried about missing out on any especially significant Meredith/Shepard action. Whew!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Thanks so much, Marleybone! I was mostly worried about missing out on any especially significant Meredith/Shepard action. Whew!
    You're welcome OTS! It looks like the pants stayed on until the end so you didn't miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I was waiting for Cristina to tell Burke about the baby. I'd seriously be unhappy with her if she didn't tell him and just had the abortion. Even though it's her body and her decision (not looking for a debate, btw), he still has the right to know.
    I agree, especially if he is the father- he has the right to know. Whether he agrees with her or not. I thought she was going to spill it, when he started confiding in her but then she just told him that his problem had a solution, some problems don't.

onetvslave: I loved how Christina first thought psychic guy belonged in the Psych ward and was convinced he was wacho; and then he has an episode and says to her that he never figured her for the "mom type". She right away tells Baily she wants off the case, and then bribes Baily with the offer to do all her post op notes for a month!

Overconfident Izzy is convinced the guy is just having seizures, but she is thrown off guard a little when he calls her Cricket (family nickname).

Izzy and psychic guy wonder what he will be like after the operation, and when he comes out of recovery, he has another "moment" -then gives her the secret ingedient to her mother's famous cupcakes. When she tries the recipe with the coconut extract, and discovers he was right, it sets into motion a personal breakthrough for Izzy- calling her estranged mom after so many years apart. (Her mom would spend all of the household money on psychics and Izzy would work and pay the bills, and when Izzy had the chance, she ran out and never looked back.)

FORT Fogey
    i loveeeeeeeeee the showwwwwwwww. I can't believe it's over in 1 week

I was hoping Christina would have to give that lady a DNC, then she would change her mind after aborting her baby.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

+ Reply to Thread