+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy View Post
    thanks, pgm35....it does sound like a previous episode. this is one show, however, i don't mind seeing repeats of.
    Actually, NEXT week is a repeat, yes... of the train wreck episode. But there was also a preview for the next new episode two weeks from yesterday that talks about the interns getting goofy. I can't remember the details, however, but will look at home.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

It is a new episode next week. I remember two things about the preview. Alex yelling at Burke at full volume and Christina competing with the chief....I guess for a case or something.

ETA - on what was shown on my tv is said a new episode next week.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    I think Addison deserves better. Mcdreamy is a good character and I hate that this situation with his wife makes me dislike him at times. I LOVED him during the first season. Alex is sooooooooooo insensitive. I dont get his character. Sometimes he's great and sometimes he's just a jerk. I know him being jealous of Denny is what has him saying those insensitive things but still this man is sick and dying! Why would he say "your gonna break up with me over a corpse"? Maybe Izzie is going a little too far with Denny but thats better than being totally nonchalant to people dying. ITA to the person that said though it seems unrealistic that she is falling for Denny this fast. Seems like a nice guy. Not appealing to me either though.

I agree with the weight discussion above, Ellen Pompeo is really starting to resemble a relative of Calista Flockhart.

Addison's character has done a 180 in likeability since she was introduced. I remember reading so much disdain on here when she first arrived.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

LG.
    MacBeth is supposedly a "cursed" play and any mention of it is supposed to cause bad luck. There is a long history going back to Shakespeare of actors in the production being injured or killed and other bad things happening to people to dare to even whisper the name of the play in a theatre. The Simpsons had a take-off of this curse at one point too.

oh, about Grey's - love this show. Izzy should not have kissed Denny on the mouth . . . because he's recovering from surgery and shouldn't get exposed to all of her germs that she can pick up in the hospital. And oh yes, there are problems for doctors who start relationships with their patients. I'm glad George finally got the kick in the pants he needed to ask Dr. Torres for a date. I loved his "phone call" with her. You know I love to watch you, um, set bones, and um, maybe we could get together some time. . . . Now that is one smooth operator.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

From the website:
    Sunday, March 26th at 10/9c.
    Into You Like a Train
    As Meredith nervously awaits a final decision from Derek, her angst is interrupted when a train crash brings several seriously injured patients to the hospital, including Bonnie and Tom, a pair of passengers who've been impaled on a metal pole. And Addison Shepherd sees great potential in Izzie, who must decide whether her loyalty as Meredith's friend outweighs professional gain.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I was just going to say that I was wrong, wrong, wrong about next week. Surprisingly, I had not erased last night's episode and saw that it was the episode about the impaled people. The episode the week after that will be new.

Mea culpa.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I liked it when Alex went to kick George, not because I wanted Alex to kick George but I think that's how a lot of people deal with problems when they're angry. The "kicking the dog" syndrome.
    Great job by Alex last night. George is not 12 years old. He has a hot doctor after him and hes running away from Meredith cause of what happened. What she did was totally wrong but at the same time she loves George as a friend and in the middle of it all realized she screwed up. George needed a reality check and Im glad Alex gave it to him last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    Addison seems to be one of the loneliest people on tv right now!
    I feel like such a dunce, but can someone please tell me why you cannot yell "MacBeth" in the theater? I know I am supposed to know, but I can't remember!
    Thanks!
    LG gave you a very good answer to this. I just wanted to add that it is not only inside the theater. Actors rarely mention this play by name; they call it "the Scottish play."

If you're interested, here is a link to some info on some of the things that have happened and why the play is believed to be "cursed."

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2000-10-13/arts_feature2.html
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was just going to say that I was wrong, wrong, wrong about next week. Surprisingly, I had not erased last night's episode and saw that it was the episode about the impaled people. The episode the week after that will be new.

Mea culpa.
    I went back to mine that I hadn't erased. There is a power struggle b/w Christina and the Chief but it looks kind of joking or funny. also, they mention (I think either George or Izzy?) that Meredith has a sister that she doesn't know about yet.

+ Reply to Thread