+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I don't think you are wrong. I think that was the strongest catalyst for Derek; I also think that he was affected by the green-eyed monster when he saw the pregnant woman's husband talking to Addison, and her being fully engaged (didn't he also know that that was the same man that told Addison that she looked like Catherine Deneuve?). I want to say that there was also something else, but I can't remember what it was and I have erased the episode.

Finally! Someone who acknowledges their part in relationship failure! Being ignored will chase somebody into the path of another very quickly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This week's blog was very disappointing

Sorry but I think your own moral code dictates weather you wander or not. Addy can't blame Derrick because SHE cheated. However, it's about time he took responcibility for his part in the breakdown of his marriage - not her infidelity.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Excellent points, Duxxy! It's not about anybody but YOU!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like George too but I agree, he is super immature, even my son's high school friends don't act like that. Cutting his hair with a manicure clipper was ridiculous. Get over it! She isn't the only game in town and he knew from day one she was in love with McDreamy. She cried on his shoulders many nights if anyone remembers. Only an idjit would not see that coming!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nena902 View Post
    She isn't the only game in town and he knew from day one she was in love with McDreamy.
    Can I call him McPointy instead? I just never found Patrick Dempsey to be that appealing... Plus, I saw him interviewed on that Barbara Walters special and he came across as being kind of snooty AND having very little personality.

I think Alex is a little prig, but I enjoy looking at him... Addison's fling--what's 'is face--very hot. And I miss seeing Kyle Chandler. What a waste to blow him up...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Can I call him McPointy instead? I just never found Patrick Dempsey to be that appealing... Plus, I saw him interviewed on that Barbara Walters special and he came across as being kind of snooty AND having very little personality...
    lmao! Of course you can!

I saw that same interview and came away with the exact same impression. Mr. Dempsey "thinks" of himself as a hot guy. And that just cracks me up. When he spoke about how he was such a "sexy teen idol" and how he had all the girls... I just died. I would not be surprised if he ends up divorce within the next couple of years if he truly believes that stuff. What I found interesting is him glossing over that early marriage to his best friends mother. If he was such a "hot guy" what in the world was he married to a woman older than his own mother?

Now... I was watching "Under the Tuscan Sky"(?) that Diane Lane movie from a couple of years ago where she goes to Italy and buys that gorgeous Villa. Am I mistaken or is the Sandra Ho's girlfriend in that movie (that dumped her) the same girl that is playing Addison on Grey's?? Has this been mention before? The girlfriend to Sandra Ho (in that movie) looks so much like Addison.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I saw that same interview and came away with the exact same impression. Mr. Dempsey "thinks" of himself as a hot guy. And that just cracks me up. When he spoke about how he was such a "sexy teen idol" and how he had all the girls... I just died.
    I had the impression that he was actually laughing at himself, as he knew that during his teen years he was considered a lucky geek, a la his character in Can't Buy Me Love.

Now... I was watching "Under the Tuscan Sky"(?) that Diane Lane movie from a couple of years ago where she goes to Italy and buys that gorgeous Villa. Am I mistaken or is the Sandra Ho's girlfriend in that movie (that dumped her) the same girl that is playing Addison on Grey's?? Has this been mention before? The girlfriend to Sandra Ho (in that movie) looks so much like Addison.
    Sandra Oh's girlfriend was, indeed, Kate Walsh, aka Addison.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

"Under the Tuscan Sun" was a great movie and I can't believe I didn't realize until now that was indeed Addison playing Sandra's significant other. Good eye.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    lmao! Of course you can!

I saw that same interview and came away with the exact same impression. Mr. Dempsey "thinks" of himself as a hot guy. And that just cracks me up. When he spoke about how he was such a "sexy teen idol" and how he had all the girls... I just died. I would not be surprised if he ends up divorce within the next couple of years if he truly believes that stuff. What I found interesting is him glossing over that early marriage to his best friends mother. If he was such a "hot guy" what in the world was he married to a woman older than his own mother?

I know! (BTW, LOVE the Simpsons avatar!). And Broadway, even if he was laughing at himself, I still left with the same impression of him watching that interview... Of course, it's hard to come across as funny and humble and all that, esp. following that George Clooney interview, but he (Dempsey) is one of those actors who does not interview well. In my opinion.

And great catch on Sandra Oh and Kate Walsh! I'd completely forgotten about that! You guys have awesome eyes...and memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I know! (BTW, LOVE the Simpsons avatar!). And Broadway, even if he was laughing at himself, I still left with the same impression of him watching that interview... Of course, it's hard to come across as funny and humble and all that, esp. following that George Clooney interview, but he (Dempsey) is one of those actors who does not interview well. In my opinion.
    Oh, I forgot to say that I do agree with you guys... that Patrick Dempsey does have a very affected, deliberate way of speaking that comes across as very pompous. I've just heard so many people say that he's truly a nice guy that I forgive him his speech.

George Clooney is an interviewer's dream.... and could teach charm lessons to ANYONE.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread