+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I was thinking Alex. Only because McSteamy is a plastic surgeon and Alex seemed to take some interest when he helped him with the patient a few episodes back.

Okay. I have to ask this. How did the whole "McDreamy" thing star? Derrik's last name is Sheppard so there's no Mc in there. Also who's "McSteamy"? This is the first time I've heard that one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

McSteamy was the name that Meredith and friends gave to Dr. Mark, Derrick's ex-best friend who Addison slept with. Meridith, Izzy and Christina also started the whole McDreamy thing too but I can't remember why. It's somewhere in the beginning of the 1st season.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    All of this "Mc" stuff...boring, tired, boring...! Time to move on. Enough already. It's just so "5th grade"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Just read on the Supernatural thread that "Denny" plays a recurring character there as well, the dad of the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I must be the only person alive who does not feel sorry for George. I am mad at Izzie.

With Izzie proding George on to "go for it" was just plain mean. I would be more mad at her than anyone.

{...}

But he now has some sassy cute Doctor wanting to see him with his pants off... so he can lay off hating Meredith.
    Thanks for the reminder about Izzie. I was so focused on George I plumb forgot her instigating prod, something she appeared to do IMO just to remove his whining from her proximity at that moment in time rather than something she had given considered thought about potential negative consequences to. I gather by her words with Meredith about already having decided who's side she was taking she's forgotten her nudge as well. Either that or she's shown a less likeable trait.

I don't anticipate a George/Torres get together smoothing over the gap between George and Meredith. She's already shown she'd like to put the incident in their past, but I figure he'll hang on to it like a pitbull, alienating one person that IS interested in him physically because he won't be able to get past another who isn't; irritating Torres with whining about Meredith to the point where Torres starts to reconsider her 'First, do no harm' oath and muse about ways of stifling George permanently.

I'd be interested in Dr. Torres sticking around for a while, but I don't see a relationship with George as being her admittance card. If it turns out that it is, I feel sorry for her. An ongoing relationship between those two wouldn't help the storyline in my estimation.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Gosh! Gotta wait one week to see my show again. In the meantime, i spotted a cute little pic of T.R. Knight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

When I rewatched Season 1, there was an episode when they were all talking about not knowing everything about each other and Izzie was carefree and laughing saying there were no skeletons in her closet or something like that but then this season we find out she has a daughter she gave up for adoption. I wonder if the writers developed that story as an afterthought to give the character more dimension instead of just the model-doctor because usually when someone says they have no secrets, there's at least a hint that they're lying or a nervous laugh. But the way Izzie said it, she really sounded like someone that didn't have a care in the world and with no tell-tale facial gestures to the contrary.

I'll agree with biggbaddgirl that Alex will shift from the intern program to a specialty. Is that possible in the real world? Or must you finish your internship to be a general GP and then specialize with additional years of study? Then the Alex thing goes out the window too.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    When I rewatched Season 1, there was an episode when they were all talking about not knowing everything about each other and Izzie was carefree and laughing saying there were no skeletons in her closet or something like that but then this season we find out she has a daughter she gave up for adoption. I wonder if the writers developed that story as an afterthought to give the character more dimension instead of just the model-doctor because usually when someone says they have no secrets, there's at least a hint that they're lying or a nervous laugh. But the way Izzie said it, she really sounded like someone that didn't have a care in the world and with no tell-tale facial gestures to the contrary.
    maybe izzie is the scariest kind of liar, a pathological one, they believe what they say to be true & act as if what they've convinced themselves of in their head is in fact their reality......

+ Reply to Thread