+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl View Post
    Cress Williams - He has been on Living Single (played Queen Latifah's boyfriend Scooter), Providence, ER (played an officer), Beverly Hills 90210 (played an athlete who needed tutoring) and guest starred on numerous TV shows.

Hope this helps
    Yeah he also currently a guest staring on Veronica Mars right now too....So hes on two good shows at the same time, nice.

I watched the Oprah section, that will be my Oprah limit for the year, it was a really nice segment. They showed everyone and it was full of funny lines and personal stuff about the actors that play them.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I watched the Oprah section, that will be my Oprah limit for the year, it was a really nice segment. They showed everyone and it was full of funny lines and personal stuff about the actors that play them.
    It was okay, but not enough! She should have devoted the entire show to Grey's Anatomy! But I got to see "Denny" tonight on Supernatural but his part was only for about 5 minutes.

For those of you who didnt' catch the Oprah segment, here's the scoop:

Viewers can't get enough of the hit ABC medical drama Grey's Anatomy—its vital signs are off the charts! Freakish medical conditions, sleep-deprived doctors, complicated romances and a healthy dose of sex bring in 20 million viewers every week.

The cast includes Ellen Pompeo as surgical intern Meredith Grey and Patrick Dempsey as Meredith's love interest, neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd—affectionately known as "McDreamy." For the first time, Ellen is taking The Oprah Show behind the scenes to reveal Seattle Grace Hospital's best-kept secrets!

To keep operating room scenes realistic, Ellen says the show hires a team of real-life nurses who make sure the actors are using the right surgical instruments. Chandra Wilson, who plays Dr. Bailey, reveals another trick of the trade—chitlins are used as intestines on the operating table!

The cast members admit that their secrets aren't all about the medicine. One little known fact is that actor Justin Chambers, who plays cocky bachelor Alex Karev, has been married for over 10 years and is the proud father of five children! Actress Katherine Heigl, the model-turned-doctor Izzie Stevens, is a total bookworm, reading a book a day on set during downtime. And T.R. Knight, the sweet and self-conscious Dr. George O'Malley, is the clown of the group—he keeps everyone on the set in stitches!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks misskitty! I was hoping someone would give us a rundown....wish I had set the tivo. Did Bailey ever say whether the baby on set is her newborn or another actor? Thanks again!

‘Grey’s Anatomy's’ Dempsey has dyslexia

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11610814/

‘Grey’s Anatomy's’ Dempsey has dyslexia
    ‘I think it’s made me who I am today,’ he tells Barbara Walters

The Associated Press
    Updated: 6:18 p.m. ET Feb. 28, 2006

NEW YORK - “Grey’s Anatomy” star Patrick Dempsey says his childhood wasn’t so McDreamy: He wasn’t diagnosed as being dyslexic until he was 12 years old.

“I think it’s made me who I am today,” says Dempsey, who plays neurosurgeon Dr. Derek Shepherd on the hit ABC series, in an interview on “The Barbara Walters Special” that airs Wednesday night (10 p.m. ET).

“It’s given me a perspective of — you have to keep working,” Dempsey tells Walters. “I have never given up.”

Dempsey, 40, says he struggles while reading scripts and memorizing his lines.

“I think that’s when I get the most insecure ... it’s very hard for me to read it off the page,” he says. “I need to memorize it, in order to go on.”

Dempsey, now experiencing a career comeback since dropping off Hollywood’s radar screen after his ’80s romantic comedy days, says he was once prone to divalike behavior.

“You can’t have temper tantrums,” he says. “You have to be professional and I don’t think I understood that at the time.”

On “Grey’s Anatomy,” Dempsey’s character is nicknamed “Dr. McDreamy” by the hospital’s female interns, including Dr. Meredith Grey, played by Ellen Pompeo.

Walters also interviews Matthew McConaughey, George Clooney, an Oscar nominee in multiple categories, and Mariah Carey, on the 25th edition of her Oscar special.

The show, which previously aired before the Oscars show on the East Coast and immediately following the show on the West Coast, was moved back this year to the last night of sweeps and following an original episode of “Lost.”

The Oscars will air Sunday on ABC (8 p.m. ET).

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Cress Williams... I see him and I think about "Never been kissed"... I just loved that movie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay here is my personal bias opinion... so please don't throw any rocks...

I must be the only person alive who does not feel sorry for George. I am mad at Izzie.

With Izzie proding George on to "go for it" was just plain mean. I would be more mad at her than anyone.

Of all people, Izzie knew Meredith is in a bad place... between her Mother "the dirty wh*re"... which I love that line... and McDreamy constantly teasing Meredith with his constant lurking. Plus that whole issue with the father... Meredith is going to have a nervous breakdown. Give the girl a break. She is a little stress out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And girls lets be honest...every girl has had some male friend make it clear, that he wants more from you... and most of the time it's a guy whose company you enjoy... but you don't want to see him with his pants off.

Men never accept that, even if you enjoy their company... and you have a close friendship... that it will never be anything romantic for you. No matter how many times you state that fact... the male continues to think it's just a matter of time. And if he can get enough alcohol in you.

Just think about what Harry said in "When Harry met Sally". "No matter how much you think you are just friends with a man... he is always thinking it will end with sex." hahaha!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George got hurt cause he refused to see that Meredith did not have an honest interest in him. He went to her at the worse possible time... and they both were taken advantage of.... I refuse to see George as some "poor" victim of the evil Meredith. He knew all along she did not want him... but he refuse to take "no" as the answer. He refuse not to see the truth... and he got hurt.

But he now has some sassy cute Doctor wanting to see him with his pants off... so he can lay off hating Meredith.

No rocks... I agree .
    George gave his great little speech about how he would never leave her BUT when things didn't go his way he was out of there in a flash.
    I still ilike George but don't think he is the "poor victim" in all this.

You know, i've been thinking about the name Addison, ( though i hope i haven't said this before) it's a very pretty girl's name. Id couple that with my name and make it Addison Rose( please no one steal this name. J/k).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fan
    I am new to GA - the first eppy I saw was the one after the Super Bowl. Great show! I know I have a lot of catching up to do, though.

I'm curious ... I didn't see anybody else mention it, but WTH is up with McDreamy "hanging out" with Meredith? If I were Addison, I don't know who I'd knock out first!

Yes, it is obvious he still has a thing for her, but come on! If you're going to go through the motions of keeping your marriage together, then don't do something that idiotic! It is just plain wrong.

Mike'sGirl: I thought that she actually did have a baby, but I don't know if the one on the show is hers. I wouldn't think so. There are lots of baby actors around. Not sure though. Anyone know?

ACF: Thanks for the post. Didn't know that about Demsey. I find it very interesting to know normal things about actors. Not celebrity gossip stuff, just normal stuff. Like dyslexia. Or that they're married with kids like Alex. Wouldn't have thought that!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread