+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Although I adore George, I was really disappointed in him last night. Yelling at Meredith for crying and running out was selfish, too. The caring thing to do would have been to hold her while she cried and found out what really was wrong. Yes, she was a b#@$ to do what she did, but if he loved her so much that he would never leave her, he could have checked in to her feelings a bit more. ( I know~ not a popular thing to say!) I also know that his ego was probably shattered, so I guess it was just a bad situation all around.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    Although I adore George, I was really disappointed in him last night. Yelling at Meredith for crying and running out was selfish, too. The caring thing to do would have been to hold her while she cried and found out what really was wrong. Yes, she was a b#@$ to do what she did, but if he loved her so much that he would never leave her, he could have checked in to her feelings a bit more. ( I know~ not a popular thing to say!) I also know that his ego was probably shattered, so I guess it was just a bad situation all around.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think Meredith was HOPING she could fall in love with George (or someone like him) who is AVAILABLE and adores her and then found out she couldn't...But I will say, I don't think he was acting like Bambi when he stormed out on her. He was a GUY then and that was a stereotypical GUY reaction--you don't want to have sex with me? Well screw you. (No pun intended.)

Quote Originally Posted by CatLovin' View Post
    About this Meredith age thing, don't know how much this was discussed yet, but:
    I saw a rerun, or maybe it was that episode that went through the highlights of the first seaon, that indicated Meredith was older than most other residents. She was interviewing this girl to share her house with her, and she got frustrated by the girl's age when she didn't get some reference to the space shuttle Challenger, or something.
    I have no idea how old she's supposed to be, I didn't think that was in reference to her age, but more an indication of her frustration with having to deal with idiots who weren't that bright (my nephew is 11 and he knows about the Challanger).

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    I missed that he requested to use the paddles.What I didn't miss was the scuzzy vibe he was throwing off while he used them, the only thing missing was a smirk. I think he actually enjoyed or at the very least derived some satisfaction causing Denny some pain.
    I think Alex is a lot of things, but I think he's a good doctor (perhaps overeager at times). I don't think he wanted to inflict pain...I think he wanted to show Izzie that HE was the one who saved Denny (with the paddles). I think with Burke and Izzie in the room with him, he wouldn't have been able to hurt Denny even if he wanted to.

My favorite last night was Bailey and her, "I'm not here" comments! Also, her husband (on the show) has been on a bunch of things...anyone know what? I recognize his face and voice...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 02-27-2006 at 10:19 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post

Izzie needs to choose between sleeping with Alex and dating Denny (It was a date. She tarted herself up. And she didn't disabuse Denny of the notion when he said it was their first date). It's not fair to Alex to do both and I can't believe that she did not see having a date with Denny as being something improper visavis Alex. Maybe Meredith's selfishness is rubbing off on her. Maybe Izzie will never find Alex date-worthy. That's fine. But she needs to decide that up front, and act on it.

Please...I can see why she's not worrying about being "fair" to Alex. Not a lot of sympathy for him yet.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Please...I can see why she's not worrying about being "fair" to Alex. Not a lot of sympathy for him yet.
    I understand. I guess I'm just of the whole "two wrongs don't make a right" level of thinking. Alex sleeping with the nurse was utterly wrong. But what Izzie is doing right now is wrong, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I couldn't stop laughing at Addison and the Poison Oak on her "va-jay-jay". I'm like "How does someone get poison oak there????" And then when she finally told McDreamy about it, he tried so hard not to laugh but couldn't help himself. Also, when George fell down the stairs, I tried not to laugh because I know he could've really gotten hurt but as soon as Alex started chuckling, I kind of laughed, too. I'm saying to myself "It's funny but it's not." But by far my 2 favorite things about last night was when Alex called Shepard "McDreamy" and when Bailey was begging Addison not to cry because it will make her lactate. Can someone who's been pregnant and had a baby explain why Addison crying would make Bailey lactate?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

LG.
    well some new moms claim that hearing a baby cry will trigger the 'let-down" reflex that starts milk flowing. I remember there was a rap song about 5 years ago that had the sounds of babies crying and lots of women were saying they had to change the station when that came on because it got them all milky, but I was a nursing mom at that same time and it didn't happen to me, not from the song or anyone else's crying except my own baby.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Lactating Bailey had me
    I had the same problem. There could be someone crying on television and it was like turning on a fountain. Not fun.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Yeah Broadway - I was wondering what the exact line was too.
    Something like -
    If you're tired of being treated like crap, stop taking crap and demand something more.
    I think that was from Christina to George, but you've got it pretty close Ana.

Christina said something like "If you're so tired of feeling crappy than stop letting yourself be treated like crap.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Really great episode, I laughed and cried all the way through, and the previews for next week look like it's going to be great comedy besides Denny's illness.
    It looks like Izzie gets made at Alex for telling him something serious, like he's not going to make it out this time. I don't think it has anything at all to do with them sleeping together.
    But clearly, Christine is going to have to let George and Dr.Burke play out because she doesn't ever let the man have fun. It's gonna be a hilarious episode to see them cook together!

+ Reply to Thread