+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    I finally figured out where I've seen Dr. Torres (sp?) before... It was bugging me during the show. Does anyone remember the movie "You've Got Mail?"
    She was the checker who was put out with Meg Ryan's character when she tried to use a credit card in the cash only line!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

The only thing I can remember from the preview is that it looks like Alex tells Denny about him and Izzie and she calls him on it. Alex tells her it is inappropriate. Someone else remember more or have it recorded?
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    So they were doing it and meredith cried throughout? Wow! What would that be like......
    Anyhow, i thought it was hilarious that Adison got poison oak, was it?
    I missed Doc Mcsteamy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Did anyone else get a little nervous when Alex requested to use the paddles on Denny?
    I missed that he requested to use the paddles.What I didn't miss was the scuzzy vibe he was throwing off while he used them, the only thing missing was a smirk. I think he actually enjoyed or at the very least derived some satisfaction causing Denny some pain.

Quote Originally Posted by McClueless
    Baby trumps husband? Baby trumps HUSBAND?
    Earth to dreamy: Yup.

It doesn't shock that he'd think husband trumps baby, what does is how many hold on to that belief after they've had children.

I wasn't feeling too bad for George prior to seeing what actually went down that got his panties so bunched up, after seeing his reaction to Meredith's crying jag my apathy migrated toward loathing.

What a whining tool. He even managed to twist a good (Meredith hadn't blabbed) into something bad (His not being worthy of comment). I liked Dr. Torrez's looks, I wouldn't mind her sticking around, but surely she can do better than George.

Addison isn't the witch I'd initially assumed I saw. I hope she enjoys threesomes, because her hubby's got his heart set on reacquiring a girlfriend.

I like how George also realized that he had mistreated his former girlfriend, the syphillis chick. This episode was a great eye-opener for him and I can see him losing a little bit of his doormat status.

Does anyone remember Christina's "crappy life" lecture to Meredith? It was a great oneliner that I'd love to tape to my fridge. I'll just watch it on Tivo tonight if no one else remembers it... thanks!!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Yeah Broadway - I was wondering what the exact line was too.
    Something like -
    If you're tired of being treated like crap, stop taking crap and demand something more.

CCL
    Once again Meredith was selfishness incarnate. "I was sad." "I'm going to lose all my friends." I, I, I, I, me, me, me, me. I wanted to smack her in the face. If selfishness was an Olympic sport, Meredith would be clutching a gold medal right now. And then the dizzy b**** went and met McIdiot at the dog-walking trail. I seriously don't know how the writers expect us to like her. I went from tolerating her to outright despising her. I can see myself not watching the show anymore because of the whole Meredith situation. As for McIdiot - he needs to go home to his wife. Any 5 year old on the street could tell you that he can't be friends with Meredith, not now. I'm with Bailey - I think he may be mentally challenged.

As for George (or as Alex called him, Bambi), he seems to be wising up. Finally. As Christina said to him "If you don't want crappy things in your life you have to stop accepting crap and demand more." Brilliant. He needs to write that down and stick it to his bathroom mirror. And then he needs to call Dr Callie Torres.

Izzie needs to choose between sleeping with Alex and dating Denny (It was a date. She tarted herself up. And she didn't disabuse Denny of the notion when he said it was their first date). It's not fair to Alex to do both and I can't believe that she did not see having a date with Denny as being something improper visavis Alex. Maybe Meredith's selfishness is rubbing off on her. Maybe Izzie will never find Alex date-worthy. That's fine. But she needs to decide that up front, and act on it.

Other observations: Dr Burke is sweet and good and kind. Dr Bailey rocks - she can put two men in their places while lactating. She is a force of nature! Addison is 5 times the woman Meredith will ever be and deserves more than she's getting from McIdiot (and I can't believe I'm on her side considering she's an adulteress. But at least she learned from her mistake and is trying to make things right). What kind of fiancee leaves her husband because he has to have emergency surgery? And she was no spring chicken herself. It's not like it was unexpected for them both to have health issues in the upcoming years, they just came a little bit faster than expected. Unbelievable. And the guy's reaction was heartbreaking. "Who does that?" Indeed.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-27-2006 at 08:31 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Loved the crappy life quote from Christina as well.

The whole poison oak story got on my nerves. I guess the writers thought that if they could make us feel sorry for Addison we'd like her more...? Didn't work for me. It felt very gimmicky and kinda silly. Addison is at her most interesting when she is using her super-doctor skills or in her conflicted scenes with McSteamy (can't even remember the guy's name). I don't believe for one second that she and Derek could ever be happy again...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

"If you don't want crappy things in your life you have to stop accepting crap and demand more."
    Thanks CCL! Makes for a nice signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave View Post
    The whole poison oak story got on my nerves. I guess the writers thought that if they could make us feel sorry for Addison we'd like her more...? Didn't work for me. It felt very gimmicky and kinda silly. Addison is at her most interesting when she is using her super-doctor skills or in her conflicted scenes with McSteamy (can't even remember the guy's name). I don't believe for one second that she and Derek could ever be happy again...
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Addison is 5 times the woman Meredith will ever be and deserves more than she's getting from McIdiot (and I can't believe I'm on her side considering she's an adulteress. But at least she learned from her mistake and is trying to make things right).
    I agree with both of you at the same time. I like Addison but I believe she needs to move on. She's desperately trying to hang on to her husband and I'd have to ask "why??" He's openly told her that he hasn't forgiven her. If she and Mark were/are in love like Mark stated (and she didn't disagree), then what is motivating her to stay with a man that doesn't love her or trust her? I understand the desire to save a marriage, but only one that's worth saving. She's smart enough to know that this one is not.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread