+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Your welcome to everyone that has thanked me for the link to the blog. I'm a tvguide.com junkie and find most of my entertainment info there. Now that we have the blog, maybe we can get better insight into all the characters.

I watched season 1 dvd (only 9 episodes) and I was bothered by the one where George had syphillis and he wanted it kept secret but everyone told each other and made fun of him. I bet if it was any of the girls and someone told their secret, they'd be pretty upset. I saw George being viewed very much as a doormat and not really respected by the others after rewatching season 1. When the girls demanded he by their tampons and he kept trying to say he's a man and doesn't do that, they just laughed at him. They're always barging in on him when he's in the shower (granted, he could lock the door) and Izzie wanted to know what was taking George so long in the bathroom during the syphillis episode. She jumped to the conclusion that he was "taking care of himself" but geez woman, couldn't he just have been constipated and didn't feel the need to tell you!

Anyway, I like George but until he starts showing that he has a pair, he's going to continue to be stepped on and laughed at. I'm actually looking forward to his big fight with Meredith (if the previews are correct) so that maybe he will finally be seen as someone with feelings and everyone will quit ragging on him all the time. But he does bring most of it on himself. There's a difference between being nice and being stepped on and he doesn't know the difference yet.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-23-2006 at 05:07 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    But he is precious, though, just the way he is!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If George wanted to be taken for a man instead of a pet, he should have come across differently long ago.

He's got a proximity crush on Meredith, but he doesn't stand any chance with her beyond being a one time gratification tool because he may be male, he isn't seen by his female roomates as being a man.

If he was a man, you wouldn't see the girls cozying up with him in his bed as they do. He's a pet, a doll, or a brother; he isn't someone that attracts their attention because he's painted him into a friendly, non-threatening corner. Once in the friend zone, its near impossible to escape, and if you do, you're unlikely to be embraced welcomingly by those you lust after.

If George wants a girl, especially Meredith, he'd be better served fishing elsewhere for one initially.

FORT Newbie
    Don't bash my George! I love him- and now that Meredith is going to sleep with him and mess with his head, I realize that she is not good enough for him. He is so nice and deservs a girl who will respect him for who he is!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    After watching the preview again on a commercial this week, I'm not convinced that George yelling at Meredith and, possibly, George sleeping with Meredith is not a dream.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Apparently there has been some fallout from viewers about the hook-up. According to tvguide.com the writers of the show have a blog if you want more info.

http://www.greyswriters.com/

Shonda Rhimes has a funny little piece (no pun intened) about the bomb guy exploding. Not that that was funny.
    Did you read the first comment about last Sunday's episode? That woman should be in a rubber room
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I know that George is a "sensitive guy" and he's going to be "hurt" when he finds out Meredith doesn't feel the same way about him... but.. come on, he's a GUY!
    It's much better to get lucky than to not to get lucky! His dream may be to live happily ever after with her, but, given that that's not going to happen, sleeping with her at least once, and stopping the wondering about "what it might be like" is the next best thing. "Poor George" will find a way, somehow, to get through this "horrible experience" of sleeping with her.
    After all, pining away for someone, thinking for a brief, (sex-filled) moment you have a chance, and then finding out it's not happening is not nearly as bad as being with someone in a commited relationship for several years, and then having them dump you, die on you, etc.
    I feel a lot sorrier for George about his not fitting in with his family issues than being seduced by Meredith.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Oy, okay the Meredith going to visit her father and him not being able to really comfort her or talk to her about leaving part about killed me. I got from the conversation between her mother and the Chief at the end that Meredith was five when he left. I may have missed something from an earlier episode that says she was older. I get leaving your wife who was having a torrid affair with a colleague. I don't get abandoning your five year old. I also think it explains her being thoughtless enough to sleep with George. And, it was thoughtless because to her it was just seeking some comfort. It meant a whole lot more to him. Yeah, I know these aren't real people but damn it's so well written. Maybe this time the dirty mistresses win? Heh.
    About this Meredith age thing, don't know how much this was discussed yet, but:
    I saw a rerun, or maybe it was that episode that went through the highlights of the first seaon, that indicated Meredith was older than most other residents. She was interviewing this girl to share her house with her, and she got frustrated by the girl's age when she didn't get some reference to the space shuttle Challenger, or something. Which makes sense, since the actor is in her mid-thirties. I would think that they would have cast younger if she was supposed to be a 25 year old. They certainly have her coming across as someone a little more mature when they have her reprimanding the others for childish things a lot. Which indicates, maybe, her father (though not with her mother) was around until she was 15 or so. Which would also make sense, since a teenager would be much more likely to harbor a grudge than a 5 year old. A child abandoned at 5 would probably be a little more interested in getting to know the parent than an abandoned teenager would. Just my opinion, of course....
    Last edited by CatLovin'; 02-26-2006 at 12:29 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I don't know...one could also argue that sleeping with one's dream girl who basically says, ok, I tried you out and I still don't want you, is pretty tough on the fragile male ego. How up is George going to feel for hitting on women after that? A rerun of the performance anxiety issue.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I finally see the ep today and damn i want me a Mcsteamy!!! Minus the whole affair thing. He's gorgeous.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread