+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Apparently there has been some fallout from viewers about the hook-up. According to tvguide.com the writers of the show have a blog if you want more info.

http://www.greyswriters.com/

Shonda Rhimes has a funny little piece (no pun intened) about the bomb guy exploding. Not that that was funny.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-22-2006 at 11:42 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Apparently there has been some fallout from viewers about the hook-up. According to tvguide.com the writers of the show have a blog if you want more info.

Shonda Rhimes has a funny little piece (no pun intened) about the bomb guy exploding. Not that that was funny.
    Thanks for posting! This was the link I was talking about earlier in a post about Mer whining. I just didnt know where to get it again!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interesting....and her reasoning about George is pretty much what FORT has come up with.
    Also interesting, they had bomb squad consultants for the bomb scene...she doesn't deal with why no box for the bomb, but she does say they were in the room as it were.
    By the way, much as I love George, when he was talking to Mer and she was reading a chart or something and not listening, I did have a flash of that book... with a slight title revision... She's Just Not That Into You. Get it, George, she doesn't hear you because she doesn't care. She always hears McDreamy.

Thanks for the link! Those blogs are a GREAT idea. And I love that they read all the comments from the fans.

Thanks for that link. It's nice to know what is in the mind of the writer as they have a character take a certain turn. It makes me appreciate the story even more.

Here's some interesting info I read today about McDreamy: Patrick Dempsey. Just FYI, along with my comments, of course.

. If Dempsey weren't an actor, he would have been an architect. He likes being creative and spends some of his spare time remodelling. As a struggling actor in the 90s he bought, remodelled and sold five houses. *Hmm. I like a man who knows how to use his TOOLS .

. As a teen, Patrick dreamed of being a juggler and going to Clown College. He won Third Place in the National Jugglers Convention. *A man who can juggle his own balls! Now that's talent!

. Dempsey is a car and car racing fanatic. Whenever there's an F-1 or Nascar race on tv he's watching it. He's also the Co-owner of Indycar Series Team Vision Racing. If he could trade places with anyone for a day it would be Dale Earnhardt Jr. *So, he's fast, but he's not easy.

. Aside from acting Dempsey was also a model. He was in the J. Crew catalogue in the late l990's. *He looks picture-perfect to me .

. Filming on Grey's set came to a brief halt last year as Dempsey accidentally broke an extra's rib while performing CPR. He felt so guilty, he offered to pay the extra's medical bills and offered him a speaking part. *A man with a conscience, whew, that's difficult to find!

. Dempsey has been married twice. He got hitched when he was 21 to a woman who was 48. The marriage lasted seven years. He's now married to makeup artsit Jill Fink. They have a four-year-old daughter, Tallulah Fyfe. * awww, gotta love a family man
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I swear Shonda Rhimes must be writing Bailey to be just like her. She sounds just like Bailey..... it's hysterical. Love her!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

This last episode disappointed.

A week ago, I'd liked "My McDreamy, my McDog, my McLife", and I could go along with hearing McSteamy IF there was any indication it was going to be reined in any time soon. Instead they are all spouting it now, and soon enough I expect to hear about 'my McHeadache', my McStalker, and my McPeriod. Ease toward filing the 'Mc's' in the been there, done that folder, will ya?

I'm interested primarily in the interns. Bringing in Addison was one thing, bringing in McSteamy as a further conflict that draws away from the youngsters makes the show weaker, not stronger to me. Get 'im outta there, and have him take Addison with; voluntarily or not.

Boy George's crush on Merideth was cute enough until he got stupid enough to be prodded into acting upon it. I wasn't at all interested in seeing that development. Seeing her shuck pasties shirt made me want to retch. Haul his ashes and exile him out to the farm where all the other abandoned animals supposedly reside in fields of happiness.

I really enjoyed reading the Grey Matter blog. Thanks so much for the link! It is really nice to read about the writers' thought processes behind the character development. I really can see things in a new light! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    This last episode disappointed.

A week ago, I'd liked "My McDreamy, my McDog, my McLife", and I could go along with hearing McSteamy IF there was any indication it was going to be reined in any time soon. Instead they are all spouting it now, and soon enough I expect to hear about 'my McHeadache', my McStalker, and my McPeriod. Ease toward filing the 'Mc's' in the been there, done that folder, will ya?

I'm interested primarily in the interns. Bringing in Addison was one thing, bringing in McSteamy as a further conflict that draws away from the youngsters makes the show weaker, not stronger to me. Get 'im outta there, and have him take Addison with; voluntarily or not.

Boy George's crush on Merideth was cute enough until he got stupid enough to be prodded into acting upon it. I wasn't at all interested in seeing that development. Seeing her shuck pasties shirt made me want to retch. Haul his ashes and exile him out to the farm where all the other abandoned animals supposedly reside in fields of happiness.
    Ok I have not read the blog yet so I can't claim to have researched the writers' perspective, but I gotta agree with your post here - I'm so dissapointed. George - idiot. Mer - self-absorbed witch. Addison however - I think she should stay personally. She's a good character. McSteamy I can do without though - pahhhlease.

I am still hoping it was a dream of George's....

+ Reply to Thread