+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    That depends. I wasn't commenting on her promiscuity; in that regard what's good for the goose is good for the gander. But I'm against anyone - male or female - hurting someone when they should know better.
    Too right.

I don't care about her sleeping around. What bugs me about Meredith is she is so self-absorbed. And she whines all the time. Sure, she's been through some stuff, but who hasn't? That's not an excuse. (And it's not even that bad, really. Oh her parents split up when she was young - happens to a lot of people. Oh her boyfriend left her - yes, months ago. Move on already! I understand being upset about it but she's wallowed for long enough. She can still feel pain but does she have to share that pain with everyone? Does she have to try to dull that pain by sleeping with George? Because that's just going to cause him pain, so how is that fair?)
    Last edited by CCL; 02-21-2006 at 08:20 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie
    You wait, we're going to find out it was all a dream that George had...

Quote Originally Posted by keithensoma View Post
    You wait, we're going to find out it was all a dream that George had...
    I thought so, too, up until the previews for next week came on.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I know Mer "doesn't listen" to George, but he'd just said he would always love her, never leave her, never hurt her...did she think he meant love like a friend? Then why take him to bed? She knew what he meant. True she'd been drinking, as always it seems when one of these "episodes" happens, but I don't think she was that drunk. She deserves to lose her friends over this.
    Yes, George should have known better, but he'd finally screwed up his nerve; maybe he thought that was the reward for courage, that, as Izzy said, he'd finally made her hear him. Hopefully being used that way will give him a wake up call....not gonna happen, George. Don't really see how they are all going to live together after this.
    Preview didn't make it seem he was quite so enamored anymore.
    Ok, I have to totally disagree. She does not deserve to lose her friends over this. She is human and under major stress, she has been rejected by her father, and McDreamy. I know it isn't the exact same, but if you have ever been through a divorce you know what I mean. Rejection is a horrible feeling and she just needs to feel validated and until she gets back with McDreamy, she is going to keep searching. It would be very hard to not seek some comfort from someone that cares about you when it is being offered. Yes, she will hurt George, but maybe he will quit wasting his life on her, and move on to someone else. It seems to me the only way he will get over her. JMO.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    OK, maybe I was a little harsh--I'd taped the show and had just finished watching when I wrote--but certainly she deserves to have a "time out" over this---with her other friends standing up for George---and then her friends should do an intervention. She may be miserable, but the way she's handling her misery is destructive to her and to others around her.
    And, yeah, maybe having slept with her and it STILL not working will finally snap George out of it...and he'll be one more guy who lied to Mer, since he'll have stopped loving her.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-21-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I thought so, too, up until the previews for next week came on.
    i thought about that too, but i think its for real.... my friends and i could NOT believe it!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Oh and if if was a girlfriend of my own and I would be giving her hell.
    Yes, and taking her by the hand to get and AIDS test, followed by a shrink appointment.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    Yes, she will hurt George, but maybe he will quit wasting his life on her, and move on to someone else. It seems to me the only way he will get over her. JMO.
    Totally agree. I think that's what the preview is talking about when Mere. says she's losing her friends. George was just in it for the chase like any other man. Now that he's gotten what he wants, it's not gonna be a fantasy land anymore, he's gonna get tired of hearing her whine all the time and see she's not the one for her.
    Bet, he'll get back with the nurse.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the last episode end with Mer just taking off George's shirt???? Who's to say they went thru with it.......PS I've been in love with this show since the pilot and I never concluded that Mer was any more a slut than the others(excluding Alex)......those (post-mcdreamy) sleeping-around moments must have been soo quick 'cause I totally missed them. Lastly, I didn't think the show could get any funnier/better till I saw McSteamy.........drool city baby!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    People talking about them hooking up are talking about what was seen in the preview for next week. George screams, "You told them we had sex???"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread