+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    A spokeswoman for Touchstone Television says an unnamed character is leaving the show's medical intern program, not the show itself. Source: Kristin on E!Online

So, not to worry everyone!
    Thank You for that! Phew. I would have been disappointed!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy View Post
    Meridith isnt my favorite character but I also put her behavior in perspective. EW had posted a link to a blog where the writer (Shondra cant remember her last name right now...)talked about the bomb episode. In that she addressed complaints from fans who say Mer is too whiny by saying she is meant to be whiny considering her family situation (or lack there of) and I think all of that is manifested in her relationship (or lack there of) with men.

I love Geroge but I cant buy she and Mer together. He is a good guy but I cant see them ever being together - maybe for a fling. He just screams girl's best friend and thats it. There is some girl out there for him but I think the intern girls are too Type A for his personality.
    I agree with the above and most of the other posts. However, it IS called Grey's Anatomy - so I doubt Meredith would be leaving the show. The interaction b/w HER and the other characters (even though we might like them better!) is still the premise of the entire show.

I really like Mere and George's characters but for them to hook up is just a little too much for me. *ick*

Alex will start to get jealous of Izzie and Denny. Its actually good to see him interested in ONE person though and not be player-ish about it.

McSteamy = McHOTTIE!

Christina with the Ipod and toothbrush was

Can't wait to see the next show (as usual!)
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi View Post
    I agree with all these comments - and just want to add - why do they have to make Meredith such a slut. She has been sleeping around randomly with so many people since McDreamy left her. it's over the top and very UN-cool. I see the writing on the wall - Addison and McSteamy get back together but McDreamy wont want Meredith after her true confessions of whoredom.

I think you are right on about the spoiler guess.

Love the show, but the writing is using too many cheap tricks... Do they think people really accept this sexual promiscuity as normal? If so - its a sad state of mind.
    Well actually if you get the season one DVD you will find out that they want Meredith's character to be this way. That is the reason they started her off at the beginning with whole one night stand when she didn't even know Derek's name. They want her character to not be perfect and a little promiscous.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Although I agree Meredith shouldn't use George and sleep with him for comfort, lets be honest, as much as I LOVE George, he has to realize the state of mind she is in too.... she just went thru a life changing experience with the bomb, then find out about her mom cheating on her dad, plus, George knows she is still in love with McDreamy... he must know in the back of his mind that sleeping with her isn't the right thing to do in her frame of mind??? It takes two to tango, and Meredith isn't the only one to blame.... George may want her to love him, but he's a smart guy, he knows she doesn't love him...
    Exactly. I agree, completely! I think people hook up for a lot of reasons. She needed company and to be with someone who adored her. He had the opportunity to sleep with her. Enough said. George is a lot of things, but he is first and foremost a GUY. I don't think most men would turn down the opportunity to sleep with the object of their affection -- and he probably is hoping (even if he knows it most likely won't happen) that she will finally fall for the best friend (him) after all the McDreamys and McSteamys fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Although I agree Meredith shouldn't use George and sleep with him for comfort, lets be honest, as much as I LOVE George, he has to realize the state of mind she is in too.... she just went thru a life changing experience with the bomb, then find out about her mom cheating on her dad, plus, George knows she is still in love with McDreamy... he must know in the back of his mind that sleeping with her isn't the right thing to do in her frame of mind??? It takes two to tango, and Meredith isn't the only one to blame.... George may want her to love him, but he's a smart guy, he knows she doesn't love him...
    It would be great if George entered into that little tryst with no blinders on, but I'll bet that wasn't the case. He does pay a lot of attention to Meredith, but he's got her so high up on a pedestal that I doubt he's ever seen her for her true, selfish self. A big to Meredith for using George to make herself feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee
    Great, now I'm going to get him mixed up with Dick Van Dyke

(Diagnosis Murder - same character name )
    THANK YOU!
    I knew the name Dr. Mark Sloan meant something to me, and I made a mental note to google it, but these days my mental notes are often misplaced.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    It would be great if George entered into that little tryst with no blinders on, but I'll bet that wasn't the case. He does pay a lot of attention to Meredith, but he's got her so high up on a pedestal that I doubt he's ever seen her for her true, selfish self. A big to Meredith for using George to make herself feel better.
    So, what you're really saying is shame on Meredith for acting like a guy, right??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ditto prhoshay
    I wish they would not make Meredith out to be such an immature, slutty character.
    Why not?! If it were a male character we'd probably be singing his praises as to how Macho he is with the ladies! What's wrong with a little promiscuity amongst interns at a hospital? Do you actually believe that it doesn't really happen? Or that Meredith should be too nice a girl to try to find some love for herself by being with a man?

I don't find the writers are "making" Meredith do anything. She, as a character, has flaws. Some of the characters may overwork, may over analyze, or cheat or lie. "M" just happens to sleep around. At least there's room for improvement and character development. If she was a straight shooter do-gooder, we'd all be complaining that's she's too boring and wouldn't really exist in the real world.

The truth is some very intelligent women (interns, doctors, lawyers) may be immature outside of their comfort zone of academics. We all know that there are men like this, so I say give Meredith a break. Just as you would a girlfriend of your own.

Sheesh!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The writers intentionallly wrote her as a character who has flaws....so if that is the way they are making her and they are writing the scripts, then technically they are the ones making her do things.

Oh and if if was a girlfriend of my own and I would be giving her hell.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So, what you're really saying is shame on Meredith for acting like a guy, right??
    That depends. I wasn't commenting on her promiscuity; in that regard what's good for the goose is good for the gander. But I'm against anyone - male or female - hurting someone when they should know better.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread