+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Oy, okay the Meredith going to visit her father and him not being able to really comfort her or talk to her about leaving part about killed me. I got from the conversation between her mother and the Chief at the end that Meredith was five when he left. I may have missed something from an earlier episode that says she was older. I get leaving your wife who was having a torrid affair with a colleague. I don't get abandoning your five year old. I also think it explains her being thoughtless enough to sleep with George. And, it was thoughtless because to her it was just seeking some comfort. It meant a whole lot more to him. Yeah, I know these aren't real people but damn it's so well written. Maybe this time the dirty mistresses win? Heh.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Dane is a more mature looking, hotter Leo Dicaprio.
    My poor husband had to listen to me hyperventilate everytime he was on the screen.
    Last edited by horsnhound; 02-20-2006 at 03:13 AM.

The music at the end was Corinne Bailey Rae, "Like a Star."
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Oy, okay the Meredith going to visit her father and him not being able to really comfort her or talk to her about leaving part about killed me. I got from the conversation between her mother and the Chief at the end that Meredith was five when he left. I may have missed something from an earlier episode that says she was older. I get leaving your wife who was having a torrid affair with a colleague. I don't get abandoning your five year old. I also think it explains her being thoughtless enough to sleep with George. And, it was thoughtless because to her it was just seeking some comfort. It meant a whole lot more to him. Yeah, I know these aren't real people but damn it's so well written. Maybe this time the dirty mistresses win? Heh.
    If she was 5 when he left, and she hadn't seen him in 20 years...that would be about right for her station in life. He couldn't comfort her because he doesn't know her. He barely recognized her when she knocked on his door.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Looking at the new doc, I too would have MCcheated on Mcdreamy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

McCheated on McDreamy. Too funny Amy Lee
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

CCL
    Ugh. I hate Meredith. She is so self-absorbed. George comes up to talk to her and she total blanks him. And then, later that day, she's willing to sleep with him? And no doubt she will just want to be friends the next morning. She doesn't think about anybody's pain besides her own. As for her father: Her mother made him leave, and we don't know that her mother didn't stop her father from seeing his daughter growing up (we all know how bad some divorce cases can be). We don't know that he didn't, in fact, fight to see her. All we get is her saying "Why didn't you fight for us?" Well, why didn't your mother keep her pants on, Meredith? Maybe that's a question you should be asking. Ugh, I'm sorry, she just infuriates me so much. At this point I wouldn't be sorry to see her off the show.

McSteamy was very cute. I don't know why Addison would stay with a husband who clearly can't stand her a lot of the time, and clearly hasn't forgiven her. Is she a glutton for punishment? I'd have been on the plane with McSteamy in a heartbeat.

George needs to get a better love interest, one worthy of him. I like Izzie and Alex together.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound View Post
    Dane is a more mature looking, hotter Leo Dicaprio.
    My poor husband had to listen to me hyperventilate everytime he was on the screen.

I kept saying to the hubby last night that he looked like and older Leo Dicaprio. Glad I wasn't the only one who saw this.

I thought the father not being able to even talk to her really explained a lot of the reason she is what she is. He just seems to be the namby pamby weiner his wife implied he was. I mean, anyone who divorces his wife and leaves the daughter too, .....what a worm! And did Meredith really sleep with George? I think she doesn't see him or hear him, maybe because he reminds her of her father.

I have to admit at first I was really upset that I wasn't able to stay up and watch Grey's but listening to the recaps I can see that I would be getting more and more ticked off each week. Glad I saw the Super Bowl ep, very little personal drama. The show is really starting to suck the life out of itself with the obsession about the sex lives. I can't say that I will be trying to catch up any time soon. I think I will just enjoy my 1st season DVD for awhile. Much less annoying romance drama. Meredith would be the first character at this point I would love to see leave.

+ Reply to Thread