+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    ...Didn't want you to think you were hallucinating.
    Thanks so much Qboots! I saw it more than once and didn't think I was THAT tired.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade View Post
    I thought the Superbowl and this week's episodes were a bit much with the bomb in the chest, even though I still was able to enjoy the drama of it all. But like someone said no way the bomb squad guy would not have had a bomb box right next to the bed instead of carrying it 25 feet around the corner. Blowing up the bomb squad guys and then not even mentioning it afterwards was a little off as well.

BTW it is interesting that I could read the spoiler pretty easily without being able to make out many of the words. I remember reading something about how people read is by not seeing every letter in the word but a few of the letters and something like that and our brain puts it together as the word that makes the most sense.
    I think I know why there was no bomb box in the OR... even thought they turned off the oxygen to the ventilator and moved to an OR away from the oxygen lines, they were still using oxygen. The ambu bag (the bag the nurse was squeezing to ventilate the guy) is connected to an oxygen tank and it's usually turned on all the way. If the bomb would have exploded in the OR it would have done a LOT more damage!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Um,,, don't like to complain about the generally wonderful way FORT is run, but the new spoiler tag format is hard to read because it cuts off the bottom of words (at least on my screen). I had to read the word George several times because about the only letter I could make out was the first G. I do like the dark bold print though!

Me too! I kept repeating p & v what?? Then I got it!

I also like the bold outline, but wish it would be modified to a thinner line (please, if possible)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    If this were a police show, they would dwell with the loss of their officers. This is a medical show........so there you go... but our drama is about the medical personnel involved. Cops will deal with the loss of theirs when they do!

Was this stupid...YES!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    And what about helmets? Flak vests but no helmets? It's the same thing that drives me crazy about "24". Every time CTU storms a building, they're all wearing helmets - except Jack and Curtis. There were plots holes big enough to drive a tank through.
    Yeah, and is it my imagination or do they really show a lot of scenes where the docs take off their surgical masks and hair coverings while they're still in the O. R. with an "open" patient lying on the table, so they can talk?

Quote Originally Posted by blueyz28 View Post
    I think I know why there was no bomb box in the OR... even thought they turned off the oxygen to the ventilator and moved to an OR away from the oxygen lines, they were still using oxygen. The ambu bag (the bag the nurse was squeezing to ventilate the guy) is connected to an oxygen tank and it's usually turned on all the way. If the bomb would have exploded in the OR it would have done a LOT more damage!
    The chief specifically told the bomb expert that the oxygen was turned off to the OR. We can safely assume that the oxygen was also turned off in the new OR once they were moved.

If you look back at the later scenes once they start coaching Meredith through removing the artillery, there is no oxygen bag being used.

Hope this is alright to post here.

"Grey's" Doc Hooked on Speed By Joal Ryan

Patrick Dempsey is revved up, and presumably ready to hear Jim Nabors roar.

The Grey's Anatomy operator has moved up to the ranks of Indy car owners, putting him in the mix for the Indianapolis 500, the marquee racing event traditionally prefaced by Nabors' booming rendition of "Back Home in Indiana."

"I feel like a kid in a candy store," Dempsey said in a statement announcing his alliance with Vision Racing.

As a co-owner, TV's good Dr. Shepherd will watch his team's two drivers compete in as many as 14 Indy Racing League events this year. The season kicks off Mar. 26 with the Toyota Indy 300 in Miami. The 90th edition of the Indianapolis 500 is set for May 28.

Dempsey's competition at the Indy 500 should as starry as it is fast. IRL driver Dario Franchitti is the husband of Ashley Judd; the Letterman of Rahal Letterman Racing is late-night talk host David Letterman.

In 2004, Letterman, an Indianapolis native, won his hometown 500 on the strength of driver Buddy Rice's brickyard run.

If Dempsey were a car, he'd be more of a Paul Newman model than a Letterman one. Like Newman, a longtime owner in IRL's rival Champ Cars league, Dempsey is also a professional driver.

Last month, Dempsey cruised Daytona International Speedway in a souped-up Ford Mustang as befitting his status as a Grand-Am Cup Series helmet wearer and gas pedal pusher.

Dempsey, 40, also drives GT cars in the Panoz Racing Series (finishing third in one event last year), and has competed in the annual celebrity competition held in conjunction with the Grand Prix of Long Beach.

On TV, Dempsey and his Seattle Grace colleagues are zooming along in the ratings. Last Sunday, their show outdrew an all-new Desperate Housewives for the first time, taking honors as the night's most-watched show.

In the movies, the former teen flick fixture (Can't Buy Me Love, Loverboy) will be Hilary Swank's leading man in Freedom Writers, an inspirational teacher flick.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    The chief specifically told the bomb expert that the oxygen was turned off to the OR. We can safely assume that the oxygen was also turned off in the new OR once they were moved.

If you look back at the later scenes once they start coaching Meredith through removing the artillery, there is no oxygen bag being used.
    Good eyes!! You just reminded me that I also noticed that the patient was not being ventilated. Definitely a whoopsie, I think. It's one thing to use a bag valve mask without oxygen; it's a whole different thing not to use one at all. Can you say dying/dead patient? They blew it on that one!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FYI - ABC is rerunning part 2 of the bomb episode tonight at 9:30 (at least in the U.S.). Check abc.com for details.

I've heard a rumor that one of the interns is leaving the show. The source is E-Online's Tv-Talk, or something like that. I hope its not true. I heard it at the abc.com message boards. Can someone verify if it is correct? I hope not!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread