+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Hannah is the EMT character played by Christina Ricci that George treated. She was the one who was "hands-on" before Meredith took over
    Thanks, banshee! I totally missed her name. I thought that Christina Ricci was looking much younger and attractive than I have ever seen her.

spoiler scoop from Ask Ausiello at tvguide.com
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ABC released this scoopy tease for the Feb. 26 episode: "Meredith and George suddenly find themselves at odds at work. Meanwhile Bailey, although technically still on maternity leave, finds herself treating Addison for an unusual feminine issue, and Alex finds himself oddly jealous when Izzie pays more attention to Denny." And although no episode date was listed for this, Meredith learns that the Alzheimer's apple may not fall far from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    I liked the episode, but I agree with Krom that it was completely unrealistic that the bomb squad didn't stick that bomb into a blast-box as soon as it was out of the guy's chest. They don't just carry those things around like a bag of groceries, as blast-boxes are made to withstand an explosion. Unlike cute bomb squad guys who turn into a pink mist for no reason other than shock value.
    And what about helmets? Flak vests but no helmets? It's the same thing that drives me crazy about "24". Every time CTU storms a building, they're all wearing helmets - except Jack and Curtis. There were plots holes big enough to drive a tank through. But much the same way Meredith was muttering "What did I do? What did I do"?, I kept muttering "It's only a TV show. It's only a TV show."

It was great to see Loretta Devine. I hope they use her on a more regular basis.

And it was cute to see Shepherd and Burke refer to each other by their first names.

Va-jay-jay.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I am ticked. I despise the way this show plays with my emotions. First, they made it seem as if Bailey's husband wouldn't make it and then they blew up Kyle Chandler. I knew someone was going to die, but I was hoping it would be the stupid bazooka guy. I tossed and turned all night. I kept replaying the bomb scene over and over because I thought I might have missed something and that somehow Dylan escaped. To top it off, no one mentioned the fact that two guys just got blown to smithereens. Surely, they must have families and friends. People who would care. I hate this show. I don't know why I keep watching.

Just to prove you're not crazy.....

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, did anyone see a very brief preview with a helicopter falling off the roof of the hospital?
    Yes, I've seen 2 glimpses of that helicopter recently. I'm pretty sure it's from "ER", not "Grey's Anatomy".

For the non-Canadians here, CTV is our main Canadian network that carries U.S. programs. (Along with Global.) They have started airing commercials with montages of various different scenes from the various different American shows they air. They're all spliced together and are fairly rapid-fire so it's hard to make sense of what you're seeing. (Especially if your brain is equipped with a special enzyme that blocks commercials, like mine is. ) The scenes they use aren't previews, but just glimpses from past episodes. I'm pretty sure that chopper falling off the roof was the one that killed that annoying twerp Dr. Romano on ER a couple seasons ago.

Didn't want you to think you were hallucinating.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    OK, how was that bizarre spoiler tag done?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK, how was that bizarre spoiler tag done?

If you're talking about mine, it must be a glitch in the system. It showed up fine when I posted it but now when I'm back on this site later I see that it's all convoluted! Don't know what happened

No glitch. John adjusted the spoiler tags.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    No glitch. John adjusted the spoiler tags.
    Um,,, don't like to complain about the generally wonderful way FORT is run, but the new spoiler tag format is hard to read because it cuts off the bottom of words (at least on my screen). I had to read the word George several times because about the only letter I could make out was the first G. I do like the dark bold print though!

I thought the Superbowl and this week's episodes were a bit much with the bomb in the chest, even though I still was able to enjoy the drama of it all. But like someone said no way the bomb squad guy would not have had a bomb box right next to the bed instead of carrying it 25 feet around the corner. Blowing up the bomb squad guys and then not even mentioning it afterwards was a little off as well.

BTW it is interesting that I could read the spoiler pretty easily without being able to make out many of the words. I remember reading something about how people read is by not seeing every letter in the word but a few of the letters and something like that and our brain puts it together as the word that makes the most sense.

+ Reply to Thread