+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Al Boulet (Jeannie's husband) was played by Michael Beach but Cress Williams (Bailey's husband) did guest star on an episode of ER as an officer. Michael Beach was also on Third Watch.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    No! Those 2 guys don't look anything alike! Jeannie's husband played in Soul Food (the movie). He was Vanessa Williams' husband.

I thought that was another actor who also guest-starred on Girlfriends.
    TO futher connect the dots here, Isiah Washington played Maxine's long-departed husband at the beginning of the series. :-p
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Aha! Boston Public...thank you.
    The WWII show was called Homefront. Great show.

All the audience got it. I think even the Chief got it but Addison was right there (right down the hall so in his view of sight, if not McD's). I think answering that she was right here, with the she meaning Addison, was the safest course of action for the Chief right then!
    Right, Homefront--terrific show! And I still remember the scene when Kyle and his slightly older girlfriend had sex for the first time, for both of them, and afterwards he's silently worrying about whether she regrets it, and she says something like, how long do we have to wait to do it again? Should post on shows I miss I guess!
    Enough threadjack... I agree the Chief might also have "gotten' which she he meant, and was almost giving him a heads up that Addison was there, reminding him which "she" he should be asking about. At least that's what I thought at first, but then the way his wife spoke, it was as if she thought the Chief didn't realize which she he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Enough threadjack... I agree the Chief might also have "gotten' which she he meant, and was almost giving him a heads up that Addison was there, reminding him which "she" he should be asking about. At least that's what I thought at first, but then the way his wife spoke, it was as if she thought the Chief didn't realize which she he meant.
    I agree with the original assessment. I think the chief knew, but saw Alison around the corner. It wasn't the appropriate time for the chief to acknowledge McDreamy's OTHER relationship. But, after he said that, I did say to the TV, 'that's not the "she" he meant' right before the chief's wife did. It made me laugh.

I was disturbed that they didn't mention the bomb squad splattering into little pieces, just that Meredith almost died. But, as I sit and think about, they're doctors. They see people die probably every day. What hit home to them was that it was almost one of them that died. That was the most shocking and unreal for them, so that's what they focused on.

I'm so ready for McDreamy to leave his wife. As a married woman, I didn't think I'd think that, but Addison broke up their marriage and he fell in love with Meredith. It's more tragic that he is that close to the woman he loves but won't let himself be with her. Why didn't the producers just let them kiss?! They sure did set us up to think that. Maybe the friend coming back next week will make it easier for McDreamy to break it off with Addison.

Wow, what a wonderful episode! I was bothered by the fact that there was no bomb box! I'm sure anyone that's in that profession was probably screaming at the screen when he started carrying it down the hallway. But, the powers-that-be were looking for drama & excitement. So, blowing people up definitely was exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    I was disturbed that they didn't mention the bomb squad splattering into little pieces, just that Meredith almost died.

I was bothered by the fact that there was no bomb box!
    I came to read what YOU (thread readers and writers) thought of this. They literally exploded the bomb with out even addressing what happened to the 2 men. When the elevator opened and the two doctors walked out - no mention was made of the incident. Nobody even noticed th bomb exploding? wouldnt that have been felt all over the hospital? I thought it was a poor ending to a great episode(s). Come on writers and producers, Yes we pay attention to detail and I know you only had an hour to wrap this up, but it was cheap drama to explode the bomb and not mention the men who died? They did die didnt they?
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Quote Originally Posted by maddy View Post
    I feel bad for addison.. she seems so alone in her life... I felt bad for her when derek was looking for "HER"...i actually am starting to like her character (any addison fans here?!)...let's see what happends next week when mark shows up...

what a storyline!
    Yes - I am actually starting to feel bad for Addison. She is trying her best. Yes, she made a horrible mistake, but MCDreamy chose to stay with her. It will be interesting to see how the writers resolve this. It is interesting to see a character like Derrick so torn between these two women.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Quote Originally Posted by IAgirl View Post
    Love George more and more every week and Bailey is just a riot - "va-jay-jay"!!!

Agree that this was great episode so I didn't want to just reiterate that as others are so eloquently posting.

Love George and Bailey's dynamic together. The only better thing would have been to have Christina in there with Bailey. Kind of like when she "took over" kicking Meredith out of bed that morning.

On another note - the thing that irritated me the most in the last two episodes was George's constantly referring to Addison as Dr. Montgomery-Shepard. Every time he said her name it was like that. Bailey said, page Dr. Addison Shepard and George says "what would you like to tell Dr. Montgomery Shepard when she answers her page?" It sounded so "OFF"...maybe it was just me that noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    On another note - the thing that irritated me the most in the last two episodes was George's constantly referring to Addison as Dr. Montgomery-Shepard. Every time he said her name it was like that. Bailey said, page Dr. Addison Shepard and George says "what would you like to tell Dr. Montgomery Shepard when she answers her page?" It sounded so "OFF"...maybe it was just me that noticed this.
    That was weird. When I heard it, I guess I thought he was calling her Dr. Addison Shepard when she was sitting in the hallway, but you're right, he said 'Dr Montgomery-Shepard.' Weird. Maybe it's supposed to show us that George isn't trying to connect with Addison at all. He knows she is part of why his love- Meredith- hurts, so he distances himself from her by calling her by a formal name.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    It could be a sign of respect, that he addresses her formally, since he probably has not been given permission to use her first name. He is not her equal nor is he her friend. I like it.

I hate it when I hear people address someone "familiarly" when they haven't been invited to. It is rude.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    That was weird. When I heard it, I guess I thought he was calling her Dr. Addison Shepard when she was sitting in the hallway, but you're right, he said 'Dr Montgomery-Shepard.' Weird. Maybe it's supposed to show us that George isn't trying to connect with Addison at all. He knows she is part of why his love- Meredith- hurts, so he distances himself from her by calling her by a formal name.
    That's what I thought. LIke he was proving a point.

+ Reply to Thread