+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

I don't think they were ever planning on putting Meredith with the bomb guy.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Id say give her the emmy right now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I don't think they were ever planning on putting Meredith with the bomb guy.
    No, but I was planning it! He was perfect. A hero who maybe has enough guts to leave a fake marriage. I loved all the eye exchanges between him and meredith.

Can't believe that's all the show gave us, for Valentine's day week. Bleh.

And, if the writers were going to just "waste" a person, they could've at least mentioned him afterwards, not flat-out ignore him as if he never existed. After all, he was the one who got Meredith to regroup and focus. And all this drama of the medical staff, when the Bomb-Squad guy is the one facing the threats every single day. And then they just blow him up and forget about him. Just kinda sad. He deserved to be in love too We deserved to see it.

They end the show with the hysterical woman asking about her husband. Yet nobody gives a rat's vajayjay about the Bomb-Squad guy. OK done ranting. This show sucked. Thank goodness there are a lot of disposable heros out there so we can indiscriminately kill at least one a week and still only focus on McDreamy and Sandra Oh's grade-school emotional struggles.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 02-13-2006 at 02:39 AM.

To be perfectly honest....I didn't think he was that major a character so I wasn't expecting them to mention him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    This last episode was a total vindication for this (occasionally silly) show. Even the huge contrivances were excusable for drama's sake (do you guys think a bomb squad WOULDN'T have a blast-proof box about 2 feet away from that operating table?).
    Thank you!! I just love Grey's and I loved last night's episode as usual, but that sequence was a little too hard to rationalize. No way would they have the bomb squad guy carry live ammunition all the way down a hallway! Wayyy too dangerous. Even hubby (who usually doesn't watch but watched with me last night) said that for sure they would have had a blast-proof box set up right in the OR.

I actually enjoy each of the characters on this show. Even the ones that seem to conflict with one another. I am actually pulling for Meredith and Addison to find their own "McDreamy" and to be happy. And, yes, for some reason I still love the original McDreamy and Alex. In real life, I would think they were scuzzy, but with the writing is on this show, and the way the actors portray them, I truly like both of their characters! I have tried not to like Addison, but she seems so tragic; wanting so much to connect with people, and unable to have true friendships. I have a feeling that I may end up liking something about her ex-lover when he joins the show.

The writers have done a really good job of making the characters multi-faceted instead of simply showing one side of each of them. I thought we were always going to see them through Meredith's eyes, and therefore only have her side of the story, but fortunately, we get to see them interact and judge for ourselves. I think this is why we are able to get past the character flaws, because we are able to see their shining moments as well.

On a side note, I really did like Kyle Chandler, and think he would have made a great boyfriend for Meredith. But, you know they had to work that "pink Mist" thing in. I was surprised they didn't talk more about him after, but Meredith was in shock, and I am sure many of the others would have been as well.

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know the answer to this trivia question for Grey's Anatomy? What do Christina and George hold up during a 14 hour surgery? Was it a heart? I just can't recall for sure??? Help!!! Thanks!!!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Have to vent - I guess I should use spoiler quotes until everyone sees the episode. Seems to me that the guy that got shot by the bazooka and his friend now have blood on their hands - I know the guy just survived a surgery but I'm totally upset that a perfectly good (hot) man was blown to bits because of their stupidity. Actually he's not the only one that died, his team that was waiting for him was right there when it exploded.
    Perfectly good (hot) men should not just be blown up. I expected it to happen though I was pretty miffed that the other doctors/staff didn't even acknowledge his being blown to smithereens (not to mention his crew?). It put rather a sour taste in my mouth.
    If I have to see any more longing scenes between Mer and McD I'm going to put my foot through my tv screen. Put up or shut up. Going to her house to tell her she almost died and then going to leave? What the crap. It's not romantic/sexual tension anymore...now it is just annoying. I especially find him with his little smile annoying...he had it when Meredith was picturing him talking her through taking the bomb out.
    George is the best part of this show. His interaction with Bailey was great. Speaking of Bailey, I'm glad her husband survived. It would be pretty hard for her to raise a baby on her own, seeing as how she has a busy schedule at the hospital and all. Plus her husband seems like a nice guy (and he looks familiar...).
    I don't know what's up with Christina Ricci's film career, but I think it would be great if she joined the show and became a love interest for George.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-13-2006 at 10:03 AM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I don't think it's so bad bomb guy's wife (who was Donna on that Judge Amy show--glad to see her back on prime time) asked about her husband...after all it's her husband, and I'm sure since she saw the surgeon walking around she assumed the rest of the staff survived. Since,as we pointed out, no one talked about the guy who got blown up presumably that had already been discussed--after all, quite some time since the bomb went off,which they must have heard, since both surgeries were done. Really his wife was the ONLY one who cared much about what happened to him...except Burke because it was his job...unlike all the people who didn't want Bailey's husband to die.
    Too bad about cutie pie Kyle... I've liked him since he was in the WWII era show whose name escapes me... but if they brought in a big name star like him it would tilt the show a bit... he'd have to be a major character.
    And I just realized where I've seen the Chief's wife before... she was Marla on Boston Public--the sort of manic depressive teacher. Hope they use her more--she can be hilarious.

FORT Fanatic
    dempseyfan2 - wasn't it like a large tumor?

+ Reply to Thread