+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New spring shows...

New spring shows...

It seems like there are a ton of new shows coming out in March and April this year. Has it always been this way? Maybe I am just noticing it this year. Any way, here is a list I have compiled:

Grey’s Anatomy
    Kelsey Grammar’s The Sketch Show
    Revelations
    Blind Justice
    Kojak
    The Office
    Eyes
    Fat Actress
    Jake in Progress
    Life on a Stick

Any shows that you are really excited about? Or reviews on ones that just came out... (Also feel free to add to this list)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

It's always been this way. Pick any 8 of those 10, and they'll be a hazy memory in 2 months.

I really really want to see Grey's Anatomy!!!
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's always been this way. Pick any 8 of those 10, and they'll be a hazy memory in 2 months.
    Yes, John is correct. Maybe it's just not as noticeable since newer (i.e. not "Big Three") networks like FOX or cable channels no longer follow the traditional programming schedule, and it's all gone wonky.

And yeah, many of them will die undignified deaths. I just hope it's not the ones I watch!

The "spring shows," by the way, are called mid-season replacements in the industry, and used to have a reputation (unfairly, though, I think) for being second-tier shows the network didn't care to roll out for the big Fall season premiere.

Anyway, of the shows you listed, the ones I'm most interested in are Blind Justice (which I'm already enjoying), Grey’s Anatomy (I love Sandra Oh), and Kojak (Ving Rhames, so cuddly & yet badazz).

I loved the original version of The Office so I'm terrified of the remake. I don't get Showtime, so I can't see Fat Actress, plus I feel I see enough of Kirstie Alley in those shrill Jenny Craig commercials.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Premium Member
    I'm looking forward to Grey's Anatomy and Eyes. I loved Tim Daly in Wings, so I hope this one is good too.

Eyes is probably the only one I'll give a shot to out of that list.

Interesting about the whole mid-season replacements. I have found that sometimes the best shows come out at random times. Hopefully some of these will be really good and get us through the summer TV slump! I am really looking forward to Revelations, Grey's Anatomy and Kojak. You definitely have to admit they have diverse types of shows coming out from Fat Actress with Kirstie Alley to Revelations, which is about the End of the World and stuff.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Eyes is probably the only one I'll give a shot to out of that list.
    What's Eyes about? Haven't read anything about it....

Eyes stars Tim Daly (from Wings) as the head of a private investigation firm. It's supposed to be flashy, witty, and semi-humorous, along with catching the bad guys.

From the executive producer of Fastlane and the co-creator of the much-analyzed Profit comes Eyes, the suspenseful one-hour, midseason drama series full of risks, bluffs, blackmail and intrigue. If someone steals $100 from you, call the police. If they steal $100,000, call the FBI. But if you're the CEO of a Fortune 500 company and your chief financial officer embezzles $100 million on your watch, call Judd Risk Management. Eyes will premiere later this season on the ABC Television Network.

Run by sharp-witted, impulsive Harlan Judd (Tim Daly), Judd Risk Management is a discreet, high-tech firm that handles cases with the highest possible stakes, while operating at the absolute fringe of the law. Along with ruthlessly efficient Nora Gage (Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon) and a staff of brilliantly skilled, driven individuals -- some with their own agendas and secrets -- Harlan does whatever it takes to prevail in a world of unsteady alliances and uncertain loyalties.
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/eyes/about.html

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks, John. Does sound interesting... and I liked everyone on Wings so be glad to see someone do well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast