+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shield Discussion

The Shield, 02.01 - "The Quick Fix" 01/07

The Quick Fix

60 min.
    The second season of the acclaimed police drama kicks off with a gritty episode in which rogue cop Vic Mackey battles personal and professional crises.

On the home front, Mackey (Emmy winner Michael Chiklis) hires private detectives to find his family in the wake of his wife's decision to leave him and take their children. His domestic woes leave his shady strike force in the hands of Shane Vendrell (Walton Goggins), whose lapse in judgment gets the squad embroiled in a Mexican cocaine cartel's brutal attempt to do business in L.A. Mackey's men, already under pressure from a civilian audit into precinct operations, are forced into a risky power play to protect their interests.

sounds like they are starting with a bang.
    I don't understand Mackey hiring PI's though. Seems like he'd have the resources to track his wife at the PD. Maybe he is too busy.
    Shane is an idiots choice to leave in charge.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Shane, what a great choice to leave in charge, the guy who got caught on camera doing some "in depth" interigation of a hooker, in the intergation room on the desk top. Man, Mackey must really had a lapse in judgement there. Shane makes the village idiot look like a student if Einstein

yes indeed Joeguy. He (shane) is an idiot and unstable... remember him beating the crap out of that one guy and then peeing on him in the street?

I really do not like him at all.

This show sure does have great cheracters though, written and played to absolute perfection.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Cali, yes, that really seems like him though doesn't it? who or what is the name of the guy that helped Vic to clean the shipping container after they had locked the two gangbanger/music guys up for the night to settle their dis-agreement? he is about the only one with a level head. just can't remember his name

gee Joeguy, I am awful at remembering names. It took almost all of season one for me to stop referring to Mackey as "the Commish"

LG will know, unfortunately she's a weekday only poster.

I do know who you mean though, and he would definitely be a better choice to leave in command. Of ourse, almost anyone would be!

LG.
    I'm here, sorry I'm late.

Shane is a terrible choice for who Vic would pick to lead his crew. He'd be better off with either Terry (the older guy with receding hair whom Vic had asked to watch his junkie hooker "friend" while she was trying to get clean) or Lem aka Curtis Lemanski (the tall blonde guy who "befriended" the former girlfriend of a gang banger guy and Lem protected her after accidentally shooting her brother, thinking it was the gang-banger boyfriend).

Either Lem or Terry would be much more stable than Shane, who also got a truck full of drugs and weapons stolen last season while parked on the street of a bad neighbor where he went to get his whistle wet.

Should be a good one!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

OK, so it seems Vic put Shane in charge at some other time, (I did miss the first few minutes). So Shane is off becoming a drug dealer, trying to say hes "investing" thier ill gotten gains

Mexico was interesting. I thought the two guys (bad, bad, me not knowing names) were in for more trouble than they wound up with. I have a question though. The two had their walets (and badges) stollen yet at the border the patrol guy asked for drivers licenses... did those two get them back? Did I miss something? Did the patrol guy only need to see Vics as he was driving?

Pretty slick work with the bumperstickers and wire though.

I felt SO bad for that little girl. I can't believe she got "Tatooed" What complete scum. I do wish her brother had let Dutch and .... (Forget her name...CCH) help them though.

Dutch is looking pissed. I hope he stays on the good side of the law, but after what happened to that little girl, I could very easily excuse him stepping over the line for a minute or two.

So Gay cop is going to date a woman? Trying hard not to be gay!

Vics family should never have paid for anything with a credit card.... she should have known that. Even I would have known that!

Good episode. The entire season looks intense.

I agree the season looks so intense. I had nightmares last night about that little girl and what they did to her and giving her a tatoo to remember it by, my Lord evil to the core! I hope that they ask Vic to help catch the guy who did that. What about the part where Vic is in bed with the female cop. That woman has no conscience or what! Finally, leaving Shane in charge.... has Vic lost his mind completely????? I am wondering if at some point Vic is headed for an emotional breakdown if he hasn't had one already leaving Shane in charge???? Someone get me a drink!

LG.
    {hands drink to CB} Vic is emotionally checked out. He really doesn't have a clue what he is doing right now, and Aceveda knows it and is going to use that knowledge to curb Vic long enough to help himself politically. Dani (the female cop Vic is sleeping with) has low self-esteem. That is all I can think of for an explanation for why she is sleeping with Vic. She turned down Dutch last season and he was a much better catch. Maybe she was a big fan of The Commish.

Shane - I was surprised he didn't burst right out of the car while they were at the border trying to sneak that guy into the country in his trunk. In Mexico running around trying to buy guns, are these guys insane? I think so. And evil drug lord and the little girl, OMG, Claudette knows she needs help but that family is not going to let the cops near her. Poor kid. It was a very interesting interchange between Claudette and Dutch about whether the girl should help them out. Being a parent really does change ones perspective, at least for some people.

Tire burnings, yuck, that is terrible. I think this is really happening with some drug cartels now.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast