+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Shield Discussion

slightly off topic:

What kills me is that the actor that played Gilroy is now doing the Harley Earl character for Buick and I can't get his role in the shield out of my head when I see him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

LG.
    your right, Ili, he IS Harley Earl, I just hadn't made the connection.

So, anyone, mystery detective ______? Why did he disappear between this "pre-episode" and what I can remember? Was he there in the first episode of the show last season?

Also, in the original pilot episode, I thought it was Julian's first day on the job, as the other guys took him out for drinks, and, um, something else they do to rookie male officers on their first day on the job. Anyone else remember this?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Gilroy was there on the first episode of the series, you found out that he and Macke were looking after each other.
    You are right about Julian too, He had just come into the station then, so thats a technical error on someone's part to include him in the flashback show.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    yeah, this was kind of awkward, but it showed how the tension tween the captain and vic did get started. Man Acevada sure was a tight @$$ with Vic, Kind of like he was ticked off that he didn't get to pick the strike team leader. Like one short cut sure makes it easy to take another to get the results.

I think this was filmed to break the line with amadillo and the money train and get back to the investigation with the whole station and Vic's bad dealings. at least thats thw wya it looks for next week with shane and vic beating up gilroy and finding him "wired" for sound. they can't take vic down, he is a major player for the show.

I missed it. I assume it's repeated at some point.
    Should I bother trying to find out when?

I think I want to see it anyway. I am hooked on this show and will forgive it one not so great episode!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    cali, check out sunday night at 10pm. I had to catch it one day when i had to watch the dog show. they repeat it then, check to make sure

cool Joeguy!
    I will. Thanks

I saw last nights episode and now I understand why they showed that "first day" episode, it explained alot about Vic's relationship with Shane. It amazes me how Vic squeeks through these tight spots he seems to get himself tangled into. It was a great episode and I am glad that they turned it around for the former captain and gave him his due deserts. Claudette and Vic are definitely heading for a blow up she despises him! I don't trust this new guy on the task force. For some reason I think he is spying. Was the female investigator trying to snag Vic for a reason or just because?

I figure it's part of her job to snag Vic.

He is a bad cop but I can't help but route for him. I guess that's bad news for the future, as I dig Claudette too

It also looks like Dani may team up with Claudette to some degree.

The new task force guy just looks too clean cut. Something weird there. I figure the task force will have to walk on eggshells for a while until he (the new guy) does something over the line first.

I completely missed "The First Day" episode Hopefully I'll catch it in a rerun.

Off Topic, but I saw an ad for "47 Minutes" and it looks like it could be good.

ok finally saw the repeat of last tuesdays show. Boy Macke and gang are in serious Kimchee now. They got the councilwoman bitch on their ass bigtime. Gilroy tried to screw the team over and got his comeupance big time. Has to go to Brazil and if he comes back, he gets a contract on him that he ended up paying himself. I loved the irony of that one. Claudette has her sites set on bringing everyone down thats dirty now. Not quite sure if I like the turn her character is taking. She seems to be verging on obsession in a twisted way. Dani got told the truth about Vic and is in denial big time, guess its hard to find out your weekly mattress wrestling partner is a bad, dirty cop.

+ Reply to Thread