+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Shield Discussion

OK, Lame ass me JUST watched last weeks episode! I'd been avoiding the forum so I wouldn't know what happened

WOW, Quite a ride, this show.

I know it looks like Vic is going down,. but really he is the shield. How can he go down at all?

Yes, I was among the many who knew shelter lady was attracted to Vic. She can fool herself into thinking "Yeah, he's a bad boy, but he's a cop so he's good" That way she thinks she's getting the best of both worlds.

His wife still digs him.

for Dutch. When he started to pull away after planting the evidence I was on the edge of my seat. Thank God he's BACK!

Shane is a mess over this stripper chick. What a moron.

Now, I wonder when I'll watch tonights! Hopefully it won't be a whole week.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, how, may I ask, can you go for that long and not see an episode? I can hardly make it from Tuesday to Tuesday, I itch for Tuesday nights.

I beat you by one day Cali, I saw last weeks show monday.

Vic dodged the biggest bullet yet when Armadillo got shanked in the pen. His wife has to realize that the only way that kid of hers is getting into the school is by Vic taking money from somewhere. Either she learns to live with it or pull sonny boy out of school and deal with him by herself since she doesn't seem to want Vic around.

Claudette is out for Vic blood big time. Once she is on the scent, she don't stop. Dutch was smart to pull back from whatsherface trying to kiss him, he has a good lady waiting for him now at home. Guess Vic and the shelter lady were tearing up the sheets at the end, a better place than on the coffee table last week, not enough rolling around room there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Clara, I kept wanting to watch, but we had the big snow and the kids were out of school ALL week. There was never a time when at least one of them wasn't around to distract

I was going to watch monday, but kept getting interupted so decided to wait

I saw last nights LAST NIGHT

I have to go now, but I'll be back....basically to agree with Ili on all points

This show never ceases to surprise me. Just when I think I have something figured out, boom! I agree with Ili on all of what you said. I also think Dutch is becoming my favorite character on the show. He above all of them shows time and time again he has morals and sticks to them. Claudette floored me when she started shooting her mouth at Vic's wife about what he does and what she suspects he does. I think she crossed the line with that! I was really mad because I don't think she has ANY business talking to Vics wife about his work! I also think that she planted a seed in her head about fidelity when she said he works alot of overtime and Claudette answers "oh, is THAT what he is telling you?" She really crossed line with that one. I thought it was a bit weird that Danny is walking in Dutches shoes right now with everyone rejecting her which is where Dutch was several episodes ago. I also think it was way weird at the very end when Julian was sitting in the locker room pondering that wedding ring. I am wondering if he has second thoughts or what! I can't wait for next Tuesday. Someone better slip me a mickey or may not make it through the next 7 days!

LG.
    *slips a mickey to CB*

hic, here at the FORT there should be plenty to entertain you until next Tuesday. I'll get to watch this again sometime this week as hubby missed it last night. The FOOL had plans on a Tuesday night. Dutch has ALWAYS been my favorite, even in the premier episode where Vic was torturing Dutch by stealing his food (ding dong or ho-ho, I can't remember, but it was goofy sounding food names). Yeah Dutch. My FAVORITE episode was when Dutch got the confession by letting the guy feel all superior and the perp "analyzed" Dutch and told him that he never got laid in high school, on and on and on, and a crowd of Vic's crew was watching the interrogation on the closed circuit tv and then WAMMM, out of nowhere, Dutch busts the guy and he cracks. And then Dutch gets to add, and I have a very lovely girlfriend. GO DUTCH!

oh, back to Vic - sooner or later there will be a new minority member of the task force. Claudette is my bet.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

ah man, could you imagine if Claudette gets it

That will so throw a wrench in his plans

She is one tough cookie.

Although I agree that she may have gone to far with all she said to Vics wife, he is a dirty cop and he does have affairs

THE FIRST DAY

ok this was an interesting show about how the sattelite station got thrown together as a special project. I can see where Aceveda and Macke started butting heads.... Aceveda really didn't give him a chance to get settled and going. Of course the higher up- Gilroy? didn't give Aceveda much of a chance either by taking control over who would work there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I have to admit that I was severely disappointed in last night's episode. I can't put my finger on it but I think that it was the timing. Albiet, the going back to the first day was a good idea but I think that last night was not the right time to air that. I can see, however, why they waited until the second season to air that because if that had been the first episode of the first season, The Shield would have flopped as a series.

LG.
    Was it really filmed first, or was it an "after-thought" first episode filmed as a transition episode for this season? I thought is was ok, but had the following comments:

16 months is a pretty short period of time for Vic to go from above the line cop to a full-blown drug lord cop looking to take out the mob's money train. Mr. LG thought it would take a couple of years.

What the heck ever happened with the "third" detective, the older man who knew Vic and had very little respect for Claudette and was playing jokes on Dutch. Not that I miss him, but the rest of the "no longer there" characters, Gilroy, the prostitute that was Vic's friend, Terry Crawley, etc. we know where they "ended up" but I missed it with that detective.

I think the positioning of the episode was good as it was between the "Armadillo" plot and the wind up of the "Money Train" plot, and I found it very ironic how Vic and Shane's venture over the ethical line was "one time only" and quickly became a way of life.

Gilroy, ewh.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread