+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Shield Discussion

I saw last night's episode too and I had some things of concern here. I think that Julian getting married is a mistake. Julian is gay and it is something that he can not chose to be if he wants. It is what it is. His fiance has every right to know before the wedding and if he doesn' t tell her, he is totally out of line because he is starting this marriage out based on a lie. I also think that Dutch is full of anger and resentment and most of it is because his ego has been bruised. With Claudette telling him that he botched up his case, I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I noticed that there is still some distrust with Claudette towards Dutch and that when Dutch looks at Claudette you can just see her words ringing in his ears and the resentment building up in his eyes. I think Vic is the father of that baby and I think that girl is still on drugs which is why she is pressing him for this pay-off money that Vic promised to pay for being a snitch. The whole money train thing has me a bit confused so I can't make a comment one way or another. As far as what Lurkinggirl says in her closing paragraph hits it right on the mark. All of them are out for their own personal gains and sooner or later it is all going to catch up with them. In closing, this is the best show on tv this year!

This show really is good. It gets you thinking on so many levels It hurts

Honestly though, great writing, acting, directing, musical score... it's all great.

LG, I bet you are right that she (the crack addict/hooker) will claim that the baby is Vics, but I don't think it is. I would hope he would wear two condoms if he were to sex her up.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think the baby IS Vics and I say that because last season when he held the baby while the mother took off from the police station, you just saw Vic's eyes and his heart melting over this baby. I think that is the reason why he took the baby home and made Corrine watch the baby rather than making the phone call to social services right then and there. Just a hunch.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    now this has turned a twist that I can't figure out, wonder what is going to happen with Vic and the crew? they left it hanging there in the house

Dutch is going over the deep end. bet he goes off the deep end and really gets his butt in a sling for it.

robbing the money train will go bust, they can't let them get "set for life" that easy.

the writing and acting is just fantastic I hope it continues for a good 5 more years

I think the house is wired for BOOM!!!! and the boys better start beating feet big time. I agree with Joeguy, the money train thing can't happen soon, maybe a cliffhanger at the end of the season, remember that they said it would take 2 months to plan and do. Julian is lying to himself big time, hell.. Little Richard tried that angle and gave up and declared that he is still gay.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I just saw last Tues episode last nite....hmmm so much stuff.

A) Dani needs to mind her own business. Leave Julian alone. She's sleeping with Vic. If shes so concerned about morality and honesty why doesnt she go tell Vic's wife???

B) Love Claudette....but im thinking vic might have to save her or something so she'll get off his ass.

C) Love Dutch..but leave the old people alone...it happened so long ago...i think Dutch is getting disallusioned (sp)

D) I dont know what it is but looking at Shane makes me laff!

E) I dont trust that Junkie Vic made an informer. hmmm Baby may be his..dunno

F) I think the house might go boomboom....

I LOVE THE SHIELD!!!

Okay somebody needs to clue me in. Why is Claudette sneering and leering at Vic? At least three times she did this to him on last night's episode! What gives?

**Warning… I have no idea how to spell The Captains name (among other things )**

I'm sure it's because she knows something is up with the special task force Vic heads and she can't prove anything. She "Knew" he was the cop getting payments from TIO for "protection, but she couldn't prove it. Now she feels as though Acevada is backing Vic and she's just pissed at him.

Last nights episode was, once again, a great one. The cop who wouldn't give up his fireman friend for fear of losing his job was such a creep.

I couldn't believe Vic's hooker turned informant was killed. I didn't see that one coming at all.

Weird that the fireman only took his son and not his daughter.

I laughed so hard when Aceveda had to go buy the kid a new bike because he felt bad about not being able to find the original one. I thought it was cute.

Aceveda also gave Julian something to think about when Jullian asked him for marital advice.

I wonder if the woman cop (Julian’s partner) really is getting harassed by the woman whose husband she shot.

Nice to see Vic being so tender at the end, bringing groceries to the temporary shelter.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I think Dani is getting harassed by the wife of the man she shot. It was way too funny about Julian bailing out Aceveda from a potentially bad situation about the bike. Julian is really cool, and Aceveda was 100% right on about not having secrets in your marriage as one of his past secrets came back to wreck havoc in his marriage and in his life last season. Isn't there anything they could do to discipline the cop who withheld info about the location of the fireman who had the hostages? They had cell phone records, ATM receipts, match up the money from the ATM to what the fireman had left, maybe he even accidentally gave the fireman his ATM slip (to prove he saw him afterwards). That pissed me off to no end. What a great show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think that in reality the police officer that withheld information on his fireman friend which resulted in 6 (?) people dead, could have been held for obstruction of justice and at worst, accomplice after the fact. Also I am pretty sure that no police department would put up with that and he would have been brought up on disciplinary charges by Internal Affairs. I thought that Acaveda doing beat work was quaint but that it kind of got me mad when they were doing the paper work and he said he would excuse himself from following the rules that all reports be handed in before the shift change. That got me perturbed. I think that it brought Acaveda back to the "ground" after having his head in the clouds on his power trip as head honcho. Working in the trenches kind of brought him back to earth, which I think was good for him. I felt so bad for Vic, he showed his human compassionate side with both the battered shelter owner and also the hooker that got shot and killed. I think that Vic is going to start up an affair with the battered shelter owner and I think somewhere down the road, the hookers baby is going to turn out to be Vics baby and that he is going to have a problem with what to do now with this baby. Just a gut feeling. Great series and every episode gets better than the one before!

+ Reply to Thread