+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Shield Discussion

The Sheild 1-28-03

Wow, I don't know why I'm surprised about yet another great episode.

I also can't believe that I feel so sorry for Vic about his family. He is a bad cop. No question. Yet, I can't help but feel so bad for him having to move out.

Dutch really is torn about screwing up the case last week. I certainly hope he snaps out of it.

What was up with the guy burying all the dead things? Is he some freak paying for dead animals to bury to satisfy some weird fetish, or is he really a nice guy doing a favor for kids, and paying them to get new animals? I couldn’t get Pet Cemetery out of my head.

Who thinks we already "know" the addition to the strike force? I can only think of CCH or Dani's partner. I figure they will bring in someone new. I wonder how it will work.

I still don't like this woman whose job I'm still not clear on. (The one who suggested Vic for the accommodation and that a minority be put on the team).

Next weeks episode looks fantastic.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Poor Julian would NOT be up to the challenge of the Strike Team. I think he's too new, as he was a rookie last season and hasn't been working long enough to go undercover like Vic's group does. Claudette, OMG, she'd kick all their asses.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I was thinking Jullian as well for the Strike Team. I have to say I don't think he could handle it either.

I am glad Claudette FINALLY caught her perp. Poor woman has been trying to get that guy for so long. She made a smart move wiring the other guy, so she could get him though.

I think poor Dutch needs a break. I wonder what is going on with his relationship with that woman he started seeing last season.
    "You are only as HAPPY, as your UNHAPPIEST child"

I noticed we have two threads going on the Shield. Can we combine the threads? Is there a way? I missed the first half of this weeks episode but I agree that Corrine Vic's wife is a putz and a half. What was she sleepwalking all these years and just woke up? Dutch and Claudette I knew she was going to tell him off and she did. I don't think he will ever get over what she said to him about screwing up his cases. I am glad to see Vic and Shane back on the same page and I think that the captain is going to turn on Vic very soon and find he is in way too deep and wind up sorry to go against Vic. What is up with that money train. Did Vic and Shane decide to rob it? I didn't get that.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I just finished watching it too. wonder where the other two guys in vic's squad were?

clarabelle, vic is going to heist the money train the next time it rolls in a few months.
    Last edited by joeguy; 01-29-2003 at 09:26 PM.

OK, CB the threads are merged. I started the new one because the title to this one was for an episode weeks ago
    I went ahead and changed the title.

If Vic really does try to rob the Money Train, he is insane. ALL the Armenian (heh, finally get some Armenians on TV other than Cher, and their mobsters) Mob money for the west coast? He is, in my opinion, biting off more than he can chew.

Last year I liked Vics wife, but this year she's getting on my nerves. I'm really not sure that it's fair of me though.... it would be hard to figure out what to do in her case. I really think she is thinking of the kids first. Unfortunately by moving them back into the house and kicking him out, aren't they in more danger?

SO, someone tell me.... what's up with the dead animal guy?????

LG.
    Dani was "diggin' " dead animal guy until she realized just what he's been digging in his back yard. Creepy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Jullian is getting married?? WOW! Good for him. I can see SOME of Dani's concern about it, but in all honesty, I think she should butt out. How does she know how Jullian feels?

I am suprised at Lem. He seemed as if he was going "good" concerning the money train. Then he came back and said he thinks Amidillo(sp) should be killed.

Amidillo had his brother killed just so Vic wouldn't have anything in order to keep his mouth shut. That was a smart/dumb move..considering it is just another murder rap under Amidillo'd belt.

I was on the edge of my seat when the Squad was at the house they "thought" Amidillo was at. I am anxious to see what happens with that story line.

Did anyone else notice the cop car lights in the background where Amidillo was talking on the phone to Vic?
    "You are only as HAPPY, as your UNHAPPIEST child"

I was shocked to hear that Julian is getting married, and although I agree with Dani, I do think she should but out. Julian is her partner, not her brother.

I DID NOT notice the cop car lights in the background... I will have to go look though. I wonder if it's Aceveda.... eek.

I think Lem is right to worry about the Armenian Mob money.... to risky for them, especially with all that's going on.

How sad the Alzheimer woman's storyline was.

Poor Dutch too, giving up on humanity

LG.
    Dutchy has lost faith, busts an old woman for a 50 year old murder rap, and is about ready to turn to the dark side. No Dutch, don't do it.

Julian is probably making a mistake in not telling his fiancee about his "past" but it's Julian's mistake to make, Dani should butt out of it. She has enough problems of her own, and mixing it up with a married cop on her squad (Vic) sure isn't the smartest thing to be doing.

Ten bucks says that Vic's new CI (the "clean for a day" former hooker who showed up and wanted her son back from ad adoptive family) is back on crack by the end of next week. Any guesses as to whether she claims the baby is Vic so he helps her get him (Brian) back?

Lem is right, the Armenian mob is not to be messed with if someone wants to keep breathing. Vic and Shane are in over their heads on this one. While I don't agree with Lem wanting to take out Armadillo, he's such a scumbag (have his own brother killed, is trying to get young kids hooked on drugs, raped and tatooed a little girl, etc.) it wouldn't bother me too damn much. He'll be around all season though, as Armadillo is clearly Vic's foe for the season. Dutch's foe is his own sense of fallibility, Acevada's is his political ambitions (which lead him to cross his ethical boundaries in his cop job) and Julian's is his sexuality. So many demons, not enough time.

Great show!

+ Reply to Thread