+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Late Show with David Letterman

Late Show with David Letterman

Any folks watching on a somewhat regular basis?

I watch or tape it every night.

I'll tune in to any talkshow if they have a guest I'm interested in. Letterman IS king, however. I was so tickled to find out shortly before Johnny Carson's death that he had been keeping in contact with Dave.

I was just channel surfing and stopped briefly on Conan O'Brien. Some zoo guy was there with animals, and he was making Conan sniff a beaver. An image I will not soon get out of my mind.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Hey Q, that's priceless. I always knew I liked your humor, and now that I know you think Dave is king, too, I think I love you.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Anyone watching Dave tonight? The top ten list was "10 slogans for the new sex soda." I wish I could remember them all but #1 was "Get it in the can." I'm still laughing!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Had Letterman on in another room while pecking away, heard him talking in somber tones about Paul Dana. I almost got up to see what he was talking about because of the clearly different tone than one expects from Dave, but didn't till till he mentioned death at the end and then it was too late. I kept waiting for the punch line up to that point. Nice of him to give a moment to someone he really didn't know.

Sharon Stone looked... mmmm...meh? Not tremendously great, but not bad. She appears to consider her busom as something to be displayed, but even though she has a 7 mo old child (hers?) her chest ornaments looked to me like they were store bought, something that works as a drooling inhibitor for me, at least when displayed to be unavoidable. I wonder whether she actually likes dressing that way, or whether she considered it necessary costuming to hawk her new flick. Good luck to her and her film anyhow.

not really into Letterman, I am more of a Leno/Kimmel guy...

i might be in the minority, but i think his show sucks and i never like that Paul guy.

only time you'll see me watching is if a guest i like is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    Had Letterman on in another room while pecking away, heard him talking in somber tones about Paul Dana. I almost got up to see what he was talking about because of the clearly different tone than one expects from Dave, but didn't till till he mentioned death at the end and then it was too late. I kept waiting for the punch line up to that point. Nice of him to give a moment to someone he really didn't know.
    Letterman is a co-owner in Rahal Letterman Racing.
    Paul Dana was one of their drivers.
    The other two are Danica Patrick and Buddy Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    not really into Letterman, I am more of a Leno/Kimmel guy...

i might be in the minority, but i think his show sucks and i never like that Paul guy.
    You're not alone, at least regarding Paul. He's more of a turnoff at worst, distraction at best to me.

Generally, I've never been a 'Late/Tonight' type fan regardless of who is the host. Letterman has grown on me, but I can't stand Leno for some reason.

I DID however enjoy both Leno and Letterman when they were doing Late Late type shows. I feel one of the problems with Tonight/Late Shows is the format. Both Leno and Letterman were far better when they weren't top dogs. The shows would be better without the primary sidekicks.

I like Colin Fergeson's show but I generally switch over to watching reruns of sitcom reruns at that point or do something else like read, surf, or sleep.

I LOVED Letterman back when he was on NBC and he was more edgy, now all he seems to do is kiss everyone's butt (except Bill O' Reilly's !)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast