THE "LATE SHOW" TOP TEN
"Messages Left on Britney Spears' Answering Machine"
[As presented on the Tuesday, Jan. 6 broadcast of the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN, seen weeknights (11:35 PM-12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.]
10. "This is the printing company. Your wedding announcements are ready."
9. "Hey, it's Christina Aguilera. Did you get married or did I?"
8. "It's the printing company. Your annulment announcements are ready."
7. "Rush Limbaugh here. I'd love to try whatever you were taking the other night."
6. "So other than the embarrassing marriage and annulment, how was Las Vegas?"
5. "Hey, it's Paris. You don't need to get married to get attention. Just have sex on the Internet."
4. "This is Kenny from high school. I have a couple of hours free on Thursday if you want to get married and divorced."
3. "Honey, it's Liza. Next time, instead of an annulment, hit him with a bottle."
2. "It's Jessica Simpson. Thanks for making me look like a genius."
1. "Pete Rose here. I bet $10,000 on your marriage lasting a week."
The LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN is a presentation of Worldwide Pants Incorporated. Maria Pope, Barbara Gaines, Rob Burnett and Jude Brennan are the executive producers.