+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CSI - "Random Acts of Violence" 01/30

CSI - "Random Acts of Violence" 01/30

Random Acts of Violence
    60 min.

Warrick (Gary Dourdan) is the focus of this intense hour in which he allows emotion to trump evidence when he investigates a drive-by shooting in his old neighborhood.

Gunfire rips through the house of Warrick's former mentor (Keith David), who runs a recreational center, killing his 9-year-old daughter in her bedroom. Officers believe the actual target was a white teen who was dropping off his black girlfriend next door. When a suspect is nabbed with the murder weapon, a vengeful Warrick is certain the man is guilty---an assumption that leads to even more violence. Across town, Nick probes the death of a highly disliked worker who's found in a computer room with a crushed skull.

FORT Fanatic
    THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES A DRIVE-BY SHOOTING AND A DOT COM MURDER, ON "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, JAN. 30

"Random Acts of Violence" – Warrick goes to his old neighborhood to investigate a drive-by shooting while Nick investigates a murder at an Internet company, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION Thursday, Jan. 30 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Executive Producer Danny Cannon directed and wrote the episode along with Naren Shankar.

Warrick’s investigation of a drive-by shooting becomes personal when the victim killed by a stray bullet is his childhood role model’s young daughter. In order to solve the crime accurately and objectively, he must overcome his desire for revenge. Meanwhile, when the boss of an Internet company is murdered on the job, Nick is called to investigate, only to find that all the employees were so engrossed in their work that there are no witnesses.

Gil Grissom William Petersen
    Catherine Willows Marg Helgenberger
    Captain Jim Brass Paul Guilfoyle
    Nick Stokes George Eads
    Warrick Brown Gary Dourdan
    Sara Sidle Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins Robert David Hall
    David Phillips David Berman
    Det. Sam Vega Geoffrey Rivas
    Archie Johnson Archie Kao
    Bobby Dawson Gerald McCullouch
    Jacqui Franco Romy Rosemont
    Matt Phelps Keith David
    Gene Jaycobs Dwayne L. Barnes
    Travis Phelps Shawn H. Smith
    Aimee Phelps Chanel Gaines
    Todd Nyquist Jim Rash
    Anders Molyneau Maury Sterling
    Serena Chase Melissa Marsala
    Hugo Karlin David Packer
    Tyrel Daniel Farris
    Margaret Finn Palmer Davis
    Dr. Lewis Tom Virtue
    Uniform Ty Upshaw
    Bartender Kevin Chapman

RATING: To Be Announced
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

Csi 1-30-03

I really enjoyed this episode.

I felt so bad for the dad that beat the crap out of the guy he (and Warrick) thought killed his daughter. Then they close the center so that puts other kids out in the street. Sad all the way around.

The last line by Grissom was FANTSTIC. I was feeling really bad for Warrick, then Grissom pulled that nugget out of his hat and I realized "Wow, yeah poor Warrick, but damn, Grissom's right!"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Good episode, yeah, but I was ticked that we weren't introduced to either murderer until about five minutes were left in the show! Grrrr!! That's dirty pool. Bad form for a mystery format.

I also thought the computer people were a little, uh, over-embellished. All sorts of problems with the one guy's "Link, compile, debug" line, but I won't bore you with the details.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I was wondering Paulie

And sorry John, I did look for this thread

JR.
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Good episode, yeah, but I was ticked that we weren't introduced to either murderer until about five minutes were left in the show! Grrrr!! That's dirty pool. Bad form for a mystery format.
    God I hate that too, but it was a pretty good episode.

CSI is consistently great! I, did, however miss Katherine and Sara this episode.
    Last edited by Hooky; 01-31-2003 at 02:10 PM.

It's Without A Trace and I'm pretty sure Fluff started a thread about it in Other Non-Reality Shows already I'll go see if I can find it and bump it up to the top...

I'll go agree with you there on Dutton!

Oh hey Cali, we just kind of crossposted. I found the "Without a Trace" thread so I came back here to edit so I wouldn't look too stupid, but I was too late.

Thanks, though!!!

Do you think that Warrick will get involved in the youth center in future episodes?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast