+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CSI - "Random Acts of Violence" 01/30

I hope not. Just let it go, I say. It would interfere too much with other story lines.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I agree Paulie, I feel bad, but it shouldn't be an intragal (whatever the darn owrd is) part of the show.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Paulie had an insightful point of view and after giving it some thought, I too agree.

IMO, long running series are better when you get to know more about a character, little by little, over the years. Kind of like pulling back the separate skins of an onion. You certainly don't want too much information all at once. You want your knowledege of the character to continue to grow over time.

If the youth center were to become a recurring theme, it'd be like learning too much about Warrick - what his avocation, his purpose and passion are. Better, I think, to let us imagine his character is doing some small part to right the wrong he caused, outside the time he's on the screen.

Plus, I never like to see a series take a new direction for very long, even in a subplot. That's when series usually jump the shark.

I finally got around to belatedly watching this episode this afternoon. It was good, I thought, but a little distracted-feeling. Unlike most episodes, it was kind of all over the place.

The "dad" was the dad in Something About Mary, that was kind of neat seeing him in a grittier role.

I'd give it a C compared to other CSI episodes, and a B compared to everything else I watched last week

The dad was also Childs in the 80's remake of The Thing. That's all I kept thinking about when I watched him. Just kept picturing him and Kurt Russell freezing at the end after everyone else is dead, each wondering if the other is The Thing.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

LG.
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Just kept picturing him and Kurt Russell freezing at the end after everyone else is dead, each wondering if the other is The Thing.
    I never saw the movie, Paulie, but wouldn't the two remaining people KNOW if they were The Thing or not, so the one would know he was The Thing and the other would know that the other guy is The Thing and he is toast. Or was it a secret thing? I dunno, totally derailing this thread, but this is amusing me right now.

*stares at Paulie because LG KNOWS he is The Thing*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG, you can't tell if anyone is The Thing until right up when they attack you. The Thing can look exactly like someone you know.

*stares at LG, who must be The Thing since she's pretending to be ignorant*

LG.
    but if it's just the two of us, I'd know I was the thing, and you'd know it too, there wouldn't be any speculation involved

*stares at Paulie and disintegrates him*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

No, see, 'cause The Thing doesn't have to be one of us. It could be a cockroach or a dog. Or it could even be dead. We don't know. We simply don't trust each other.

*you can't disintegrate The Thing!!*

LG.
    are you sure this is "the Thing" and not that Denzel Washington movie, what the heck was the name of it, with Rolling Stones "Time on my Side" playing at the end when we realize even offing himself wouldn't kill whatevertheheck the monster in the movie was. Grrr, what was the name of that movie? People touching each other passed along the possession or whatever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast