+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trial By Jury (New "Law & Order" spinoff)

FORT Fogey

Trial By Jury (New "Law & Order" spinoff)

To all:

This is a thread for the new Law & Order spinoff Trial By Jury that after a premiere tonight (Thursday, March 3) following The Apprentice on NBC will be airing on Fridays at 10:00 PM ET/PT.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Anyone watch last night (though I'd bet Wallyhorse did!)? I thought it was pretty good, but just said to see Jerry Orbach looking so drawn.

I'm sure I'll start watching this regularly, especially since Monk is ending its short season tonight.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    Anyone watch last night (though I'd bet Wallyhorse did!)? I thought it was pretty good, but just said to see Jerry Orbach looking so drawn.

I'm sure I'll start watching this regularly, especially since Monk is ending its short season tonight.
    I did see it, and the opening was excellent!

Jerry Orbach was still sharp even though you could clearly see he was in bad shape. Looking forward to episode two tonight!

I watched both episodes.
    I miss Jerry already.

WTF? There was a second episode already? Dammit, I missed it.

Well, I saw the one with Annabella Sciorra (who looked fabulous) and Candice Bergen (in excellent, snarky form) - I suppose that was the first one?

I really, really enjoyed it. Nice for a change to see an L&O cast that's not so heavy on the testosterone - Bebe Neuwirth will be able to carry this show nicely.

But it is incredibly unfortunate that we won't be seeing Jerry Orbach in any new episodes. Does anyone know if he only did the two shows? And are they going to have the storyline mention his death, or are they going to just have Briscoe retire and disappear?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    AJane:

Yes, there were only two episodes that Jerry Orbach did, and in the second one, you could clearly tell how sick he was as he could only whisper, which everyone else did as a tribute to the way JO handled himself during what few outside "the franchise" and family knew were the last weeks of his life at the time.

He only did the first two episodes, as his death occured while he was filming his third (since he only did a scene or two at the most, those I believe were re-shot). He is not being replaced on the show, instead, another actor who was already in the cast is taking over his duties (JO was not scheduled to be in every episode anyway).

JO was a trouper right to the end, truly enjoying what he was doing.

I couldn't watch the first two episodes. Seeing Orbach that sick would've made me cry. I did see the opening credits/theme, and I hated it. I'm sure the show's actual content is much better.

I've read that they will address Briscoe's death in a future episode, with characters coming back from his funeral and making a few references to it.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    The two episodes were great. I love the concept of this series; all the other series have hardly any trials. Candice Bergen is like everywhere heh.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread