+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 135 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Fogey

Re: The Office on NBC

Variety has a report on The Office spin-off today, and says its looking less and less likely that any of the characters from the original show will be regulars. Instead, they'll more likely take a few of the characters and have them visit the new "office" in the first episode, then the two will operate separately. Kind of like the way Wings spun off from Cheers.

When does the new season start??
    "I'm gonna beat the breaks off that boy!!!!" ........Rampage Jackson confession

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I heard an ad that on NBC.com as of Weds. you can see webisodes again.

Per Officetally, the new season starts September 25.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3124370;
    Per Officetally, the new season starts September 25.
    I just looked that up too, it seems so far away. By the time the show comes back on, Pam and Jim could be pregnant and married. Michael could have figured out that the new HR woman loves him. Ryan could have made it through rehab. Stanley could have had another Pretzel day. Creed could have eaten something awful. And Dwight, well he may have gotten rich off of the B&B and quit working for Dunder Mifflin.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;3124386;
    I just looked that up too, it seems so far away. By the time the show comes back on, Pam and Jim could be pregnant and married. Michael could have figured out that the new HR woman loves him. Ryan could have made it through rehab. Stanley could have had another Pretzel day. Creed could have eaten something awful. And Dwight, well he may have gotten rich off of the B&B and quit working for Dunder Mifflin.
    Umm, you do realize it's a TV show and not real life right? I do like some of those ideas for the new season though.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Possible Office Spin off spoiler

from msn.com
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Amy Poehler says she's bound for 'Office' spinoff
    July 17, 2008, 2:10 PM EST
    %meta(topic:01016 000;ap—topic:general entertainment;subtop ic:tv;%)

NEW YORK (AP) — Amy Poehler confirmed to The Associated Press that she'll be joining the planned "Office" spinoff, paving the way for her eventual exit from "Saturday Night Live" and promoting the comedian to primetime.

Speaking by phone Thursday shortly after her Emmy nomination for outstanding actress in a comedy series on "SNL," Poehler said she will join NBC's spinoff of "The Office." She's expected to star.

"I can kind of confirm that I will be working in some capacity on that show," said Poehler. "I don't really have any other details yet."

The 36-year-old Poehler has been a cast member on "Saturday Night Live" since 2001 and in recent seasons has served as a co-anchor on "Weekend Update."

Poehler, whose husband Will Arnett also received an Emmy nomination Thursday (for his guest performance on "30 Rock"), is pregnant and due this October. She plans to be part of the expanded fall schedule for "Saturday Night Live" during the election, but that what happens in the spring isn't clear.

"It's been quite a week," said Poehler of the negotiations. "I'm very excited about all the good stuff that's coming down the pike."

A spokesman for NBC said the network had no comment.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Click to see Spoiler:
    I am excited to see the potential that Amy has with "The Office". As a huge SNL fan, I am definitely a fan of hers !

CCL

I don't think the above is a spoiler. And I don't really see why there needs to be a spinoff of the show.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3136587;
    And I don't really see why there needs to be a spinoff of the show.
    To clarify: My thinking is that the spinoff is going to dilute the old show, sapping energy, storylines, etc from the original. I just think they should focus their efforts into juicing up the original particularly considering that it is a couple of seasons removed from its best season (season 2).
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I do like Amy Poehler, however, and I would probably check out the first episode at least to see what it was like.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread