+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 135 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3002059;
    Taking Jim and Pam out of Scranton would destroy so much of their appeal. As I see it, ever character on the office has some level of "pathetic" in them. It's what makes the pathetic exsistence of an office like that so relatable. Jim and Pam are the "normal" characters, so their level of pathetic (in an endearing way) comes from the knowledge that each of them could do and be so much more ... but they're stuck in Scranton. If you put the two of them in New York, or any other big city where they could thrive, then that element is totally lost in them.
    Agreed. That is partially why I could not see a series like that doing well. Andy is a character that is underused (as Veruka and CCL mentioned) so he does have the most potential at leading a spin-off.

The scenes between Kevin and Holly were fabulously hilarious! We just couldn't stop laughing at how easy it was for Kevin to have Holly believe that he was "special" all without him knowing, lol! Phillis was too funny as well with her party planning antics!

Alas, a whole Summer without The Office is going to be quite lonely....

My prediction:

Holly will be after Michael in a role reversal for Michael as of late (desperatly trying to find a woman after Jan). Michael will be oblivious to her since he will have a "son" to preoccupy him. Toby will be found to still be living secretly in Scranton, Costa Rica being all a lie. Holly will leave after being rebuffed by Michael and Toby will return.

I can see Pam and Jim going to NYC for part of a season but return with their tails between their legs and their dreams lessened to a simple life together in Scranton with 2.5 kids and a white picket fence.

I think the Andy/Dwight/Angela situation will only get weirder before it is resolved. I think it will also take quite a while to play out.

I absolutely adored the finale. It was so spot on. Everything about it was great, but I'm completely bummed that Toby's leaving. I know he didn't have a huge role, but the role he did have was great. I loved how riled up he made Michael. But I guess I have to accept that.

It's a good thing this was the finale episode. I don't think they could make us believe that "Angela" wasn't pregnant anymore

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, Toby was always the note of sanity in that office. Even Pam and Jim are kooky... Toby's the only one who says what a real person in that role would say (having done some of that kind of work myself in the past). And I think you do need that in The Office, for balance.

I'll miss Toby, although I didn't care for him in the beginning I grew to really like him. Michael's extreme hatred of him was one of the funniest things about the show.

I think Andy could handle a spin-off but I hope that doesn't happen as I adore him on this show. I loved the finale and can't wait til next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3001826;
    One of my (many) favorite parts of last night's episode was the new HR person thinking that Kevin is "slow." I am cracking up just thinking about it.
    This subplot was definitely the best subplot of the episode, if not of the entire season. I especially loved the part where Kevin is standing at the vending machine, and he just holds out his hand with all the change in it (and a button).
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

It was so funny how he unknowingly played right into it. He's such a simple guy that her reactions to him were what really put the icing on the cake. I loved how he thought she was in to him because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3006615;
    It was so funny how he unknowingly played right into it. He's such a simple guy that her reactions to him were what really put the icing on the cake. I loved how he thought she was in to him because of it.
    I loved it when he said something to the effect of "I am so going to do her..."
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3005265;
    I'll miss Toby, although I didn't care for him in the beginning I grew to really like him. Michael's extreme hatred of him was one of the funniest things about the show.

I think Andy could handle a spin-off but I hope that doesn't happen as I adore him on this show. I loved the finale and can't wait til next season.
    I agree. I'm going to miss Michael's reaction to all things Toby.

So is Amy Ryan becoming a regular on the show now? Does anyone know?
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

+ Reply to Thread