+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

No way! Andy stole Jim's moment .... bwaaaaaaa!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3001670;
    Pratt is probably one of the best design schools in the country. There is also a Platt design school. I can't remember which one my sister went to but she attended a 3 months very intensive program.
    Ok, so it is possible. Thanks for the information, babymay.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

One of my (many) favorite parts of last night's episode was the new HR person thinking that Kevin is "slow." I am cracking up just thinking about it. What a great episode!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3001826;
    One of my (many) favorite parts of last night's episode was the new HR person thinking that Kevin is "slow." I am cracking up just thinking about it. What a great episode!
    Oh I agree, we were just cracking up last night...
    By the way, can you drive???

So I was totally still reeling from last night's episode since there was a lot of stuff there. I mean, holy crap, I definitely was shocked.

From what I saw there were at least three different setups thrown at us for the spin-off:

1. Some type of story involving Toby and where ever his adventures lead him to. This I am guessing would have to be if Toby is not going to Costa Rica and is somehow offered another job within the Dunder Mifflin universe.

2. Andy, discraced by Angela after being caught cheating on him (by Phillis! with Dwight! in the office! ), leaves DM-Scranton and moves on, again staying within the Dunder Mifflin world. I really don't see any spin-off going anywhere outside of DM. It would just be silly.

3. Pam goes off to school for 3 months in NYC and Jim is offered Ryan's job at corporate. The 2 of them stick to it in NYC. I don't really see this happening at all since it would risk the main series losing 2 of the most popular characters. If perchance the series did not do well, it would be a little harder to write those 2 back IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3001826;
    My husband & I were howling at every exchange Kevin & Holly had. "We can have some pie." Is Holly sticking around for next season? I hope so.

It made up for being denied the Jam engagement.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

I'd go with your number 2 scenario, psycobabe. I just don't think a show would work with Toby as its anchor. And I don't think they'd have Pam and Jim on a new show, for the reasons you mention.

The Kevin-Holly interaction was so funny. And the funniest part was that Kevin didn't really act any different than he normally acts - he always speaks quite slow and has a slightly manic grin.

FORT Fogey

I would also vote for option #2. Ed Helms has the ability to carry a spin-off, and since the show did well before he came along, it should be able to continue to do well without him.

Taking Jim and Pam out of Scranton would destroy so much of their appeal. As I see it, ever character on the office has some level of "pathetic" in them. It's what makes the pathetic exsistence of an office like that so relatable. Jim and Pam are the "normal" characters, so their level of pathetic (in an endearing way) comes from the knowledge that each of them could do and be so much more ... but they're stuck in Scranton. If you put the two of them in New York, or any other big city where they could thrive, then that element is totally lost in them.

CCL

Good point about Jim and Pam, Veruka.

I always thought that Ed Helms (Andy) was misused on the show. He came on as a (relatively) big name (from his stint as a correspondent on the Daily Show) and it seemed weird to me that he would have agreed to play a character that was not used very much (except for a few episodes, here and there; he never reached the ubiquity of, say, Jim or Dwight). So I wouldn't be surprised if it was mentioned to him when they were negotiating with him to join the show that he would probably be heading a spin-off in the future.
    But, again, that's just speculation on my part.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3002074;
    I always thought that Ed Helms (Andy) was misused on the show. He came on as a (relatively) big name (from his stint as a correspondent on the Daily Show) and it seemed weird to me that he would have agreed to play a character that was not used very much (except for a few episodes, here and there; he never reached the ubiquity of, say, Jim or Dwight). So I wouldn't be surprised if it was mentioned to him when they were negotiating with him to join the show that he would probably be heading a spin-off in the future.
    But, again, that's just speculation on my part.
    Specualtion that I agree with completely. I think that he was either brought on for just a couple of episodes, did well and stuck around, or just as you said, he was brought in with the intent of building him up to spin him off.

+ Reply to Thread