+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2981121;
    Yeah is that you Jim? I know you have always wanted to be like me!

I think they were trying to get us thinking that Pam might be the person in the spin-off. I can see how she would want to do something besides her receptionist job. But the office (both the show and the actual office (speaking of it as if it was an actual office. )) would be the poorer if she left. Anyhow, regarding the spin-off
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Michael throws Toby a goodbye party (next episode?) and I've heard that Amy Ryan is going to come on as the new HR person so..though I like Toby on the show and Michael's inexplicable hatred of him.

Speaking of Michael becoming unlikeable, I find that Stanley has totally become unlikeable to me ever since the episode where he and Michael had the face-off. Didn't like his walking out yesterday. Used to think he was okay, even funny with his crosswords, but now I'm not a fan.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by twilley;2979799;
    I hope they don't make the same mistake with Michael.. that they made with Joey on friends.. he just kept getting dumber and dumber.
    to the FORT, twilley!

I was thinking along those lines myself while watching last night, but I think the writers redeemed Michael somewhat last week when he pulled himself together and said something that made sense after he & Stanley's blowout. I loved the resolution of their conflict in that scene - it brought both characters back down to earth.

The golf game this week was my favourite part. The blisters on Andy's hands...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Loved this episode. Andy was hysterical especially when he crashed the golf cart not to mention all those blisters! Best line was Creed's "let's ditch this bitch!" Michael also got off some great lines. One of my favorite episodes for sure.

FORT Fanatic

I don't want to ruin this for anyone, so if you don't want to know who might be leaving, don't read this.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I was reading the other day that Toby was leaving. Now they could just be trying to lead us down the wrong path, but it could be. I don't really think I would miss Toby too much anyways. Although I do love how much Michael hates him.
    Last edited by dagwood; 05-10-2008 at 06:08 PM.

I loved the kiss at the end. It was just so adorable. Pam and Jim are definitely the couple I want to be with someone, someday.

CCL

^ The couple you want to be with or the couple you want to be, canadian angel? I wish there was a Jim at my workplace - I'd be a lot more excited to go into work, for one.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2984596;
    . . . I wish there was a Jim at my workplace . . .
    Me too, but with a decent haircut. I have a hard time warming up to Jim because of that sloppy-ass hairstyle -- he reminds me of a dorky boyfriend I had in college, but that was in the '70s. There's no excuse for his hair today!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Oh dear CCL, the couple I want to be! Not be with. Though I'd love to be with a real life "Jim".

Click to see Spoiler:
    If Toby is the one leaving the show than it wouldn't surprise me. The way that the part has been written for Toby the last couple of episodes it makes me think more that Toby is going to be the central character on the spinoff. Besides, Dunder Mifflin Scranton needs a new, fresh face .

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2985073;
    Me too, but with a decent haircut. I have a hard time warming up to Jim because of that sloppy-ass hairstyle -- he reminds me of a dorky boyfriend I had in college, but that was in the '70s. There's no excuse for his hair today!
    I don't mind the hair. But then, I really don't dig guys who spend a lot of time on their appearance, and really do dig guys with excellent personalities.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread