+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 135 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

I'm sick right now, with ample time on my hands, and I watched it again last night. I love the little details they manage to squeeze in there-- the rose on Michael's suit when he meets Pam's landlord, Michael's drink order at the coffee shop: "Large hot chocolate with caramel and a shot of peppermint" (better him than me!)

Kelly's deleted scene is hilarious... "A lot of my friends' parents are getting divorced! I could set you up with them!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally caught up on last week's dinner party show... I agree, it was painful. Funny but in a painful way. Too true to life somehow. I can't believe Jim would leave Pam behind at that disaster--glad she got him!
    If there's a deleted scene with Kelly that explains why she wasn't active in the set up schemes. As someone said above, Kelly's character should have been all over that!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2933379;
    If there's a deleted scene with Kelly that explains why she wasn't active in the set up schemes. As someone said above, Kelly's character should have been all over that!
    There's one-- check nbc.com. It's at the end of the one with Angela. Suffice it to say that Michael's not interested in that group.

So late to the party. But I literally bursted with glee when Jim showed that ring! The entire episode was amazing. I loved it. It made me so happy that the show is back on. It is absolutely on the right track.

I love how a drunk Ryan is so friendly with Michael and he is completely oblivious as to why. Loved the peanut butter smeared on Michael's head, love that it has so many calories in it! As if anyone would eat that concoction after it's on his head. What a fantastically lighthearted episode after some of the previous few. I think everyone will agree tonight was a REAL return to the best Office.

Tonight was good, although I liked last week's more. I just love some of the little details-- coked out Ryan, Toby and the hand and the horror that ensued, that Creed was the only one who knew the security guard's name, "Yes, I have many questions. How dare you?!", Dwight and the basketball players... yeah I liked it a lot!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I totally agree, CA! I loved Ryan high on coke, I loved Jim screwing up the late-night stay (almost a la Michael), I loved Toby's hand on Pam's leg, I loved Dwight being successful with the ladies, and well, I just loved it all.

After tonight's episode, I watched some of the extras and outtakes on NBC.com, and I didn't fully realize that it had been over a month between the dinner party episode and the "find Michael a girlfriend" episode of last week. I don't want them to go back to hour-long episodes, but I wish there were a way for them to squeeze in about 4 more minutes of content.

Premium Member

If they can't film an entire episode inside the office next week, then for me this show has jumped the shark.

This show doesn't appeal to me as a sitcom, I only enjoy it from a mockumentary point of view. I prefer when they show scenes outside of the workplace sparingly, and only in work related situations.

I have plenty of other criticisms about the direction of the show, but instead I'll just recall my favourite scene last night - - Michael telling the girl he was a bank teller, because you should always tell people you work in Finance, hehe.

CCL

Sounds like it will be inside the office next week:

TAKING ON THE BOSS - When Stanley (Leslie David Baker) snaps at Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) during a meeting, Michael tries to give Stanley an attitude adjustment. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) decides to buy Andy's (Ed Helms) car. Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) deals with an unexpected inconvenience after spending the night at Jim's (John Krasinski).
    Source: The Office TV Show Series on NBC: Find Video Webisodes Online ? NBC Official Site

My favourite line last night was when Kelly said "Yes, I have some questions. The first is: How dare you?" (Or something thereabouts).
    Not sure what's going to happen to coked-up Ryan. Maybe he'll get kicked out of the New York office and be sent back to Scranton to straighen out?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It was pretty good last night, I liked it better than last week but not as much as the dinner party episode. I wish Andy had gone to NY with the boys. He's always good for a laugh!

+ Reply to Thread