+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

CCL

Re: The Office on NBC

So glad The Office is back. And the episode last night was great - how awkwardly fabulous was that dinner party?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Hysterical!!! I just love Jan, when she was dancing to Hunters CD at the beginning, I just died.

I wasn't a fan of the commentary in the bathroom from Jim and Pam, but I know its part of the show, I just prefer the glances at the camera now and then like a 'we all just got how funny that was'.

I totally need one of those St Pauli Girl signs.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Premium Member

Wow, feels like I didn't watch the same episode as everyone else - I definitely couldn't describe last night's episode as hilarious nor hysterical. (But then, I'm generally not a big fan of the epsiodes that take place outside of the office, either - makes no sense for a camera crew to be following them to their homes, in my opinion.)

I don't know, the whole episode was just too much dysfunction for me, I just ended up feeling bad for the characters, not entertained by them. I even shared Pam's sentiment of hope when Dwight arrived - but alas, the one or two lines he had thereafter didn't even seem like his normal character. Were there different writers or something? I know it's been a while since I've watched the show, but I felt way more disconnected (or at least with this episode) than with other shows that have recently come back from hiatus.

I was pretty envious of Michael's $200 flat screen plasma tv, though, heh. It was kind of funny picturing Michael running through the sliding glass door because he got excited when he thought he heard the ice cream truck, lol.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2911201;
    Hysterical!!! I just love Jan, when she was dancing to Hunters CD at the beginning, I just died.
    Oh my. Did anyone else think Hunter's song might be about Jan? I kept waiting for him to refer to his boss, or the office or something.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I loved last night's show! My favorite parts were Andy singing along to Jan's CD, the police knowing who Dwight was, Michael tricking Jim into coming to the party and Jim saying at the end "I have to leave, my house is on fire....I mean flooded".

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2911253;
    Wow, feels like I didn't watch the same episode as everyone else - I definitely couldn't describe last night's episode as hilarious nor hysterical.
    I completely agree. There was one funny bit--Angela smacking the ice cream cone into Andy's door. That was it, and that elicited only a small smile, probably because the episode was ending. They need to get back to the office and get back to the funny. I'm convinced the episode was written to torture the audience by setting up what could potentially be funny and then killing the mood in an instant. It seems that they're writing Michael as having regressed so much it he comes off as a seriously mentally challenged man, not just someone who is relatively clueless. Maybe the writers were rusty after the strike. I'll give it another shot to get back on track, but when My Name is Earl was more enjoyable, then things are seriously wrong on this show.

I loved a lot of the little details and comments.. had to rewind the dvr a few times for the "Wait, did he really say that?" moments... "an oaky afterbirth"

Jan had some great bitchy little lines, too.. "Oh, this will be great to cook with" regarding the wine, Pam's "doodles" etc.

Too bad they have to keep hiding Angela...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2911518;
    Maybe the writers were rusty after the strike.
    This episode was written before the strike. Showing support for the writers, Steve Carrell and Rainn Wilson refused to film it last November when the strike began.

I'm thrilled The Office is back! I thought last night's episode was pretty funny... the look on Jim's face in Jan's candlemaking "workspace" was hysterical! Also loved Andy's, "Thought about it. I'm in!" regarding investing in Jan's candlemaking business.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the afterbirth comment, that was funny! Same for Andy's "Thought about it. I'm in." comment too. I love him!

It's BACK!!! I loved it. It was the perfect return. It was awkward, it was clever, it was everything that I have been missing about The Office. I cannot believe how perfectly the dinner played out in that it was completely dysfunctional from the get go. Cannot wait for more!!!

+ Reply to Thread