+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 135 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

FORT Newbie

Re: The Office on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2671146;
    Watching Michael when his diary was circulated, hearing him talk about how he expected to be screwed over by his company but not his girlfriend...it hurt a bit. Now I'm going to miss it during the writers' strike.
    It really throws me back when Michael is serious .. despite his over-the-top personality, he really is a great person..so loyal to the company that he so dearly loves

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thank you, mrs. tino! I couldn't figure out who Dwight was playing with! The Dwight part of the ping pong story was the best part of it. I agree I think they wrote Kelly over the top last night. But you've got to give them credit for trying new ways to deal with having hooked up the main suspenseful romance characters (Jam) and still exploring their relationship.
    Michael and the lawyers....wow... he really is a good actor... so sad. And his boss just looking miserable when being forced to say he was never in the running for Jan's job, but that he was a good guy, and Michael being kind enough to say that he was, too. And Jan being right on target in some ways, saying Michael really belonged in sales... because we've seen him sell, and he is actually good at that oddly enough. A lot of really brutal moments. And I used to just hate Michael...Steve and the writers have really given him depth.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2672787;
    And his boss just looking miserable when being forced to say he was never in the running for Jan's job, but that he was a good guy, and Michael being kind enough to say that he was, too.
    I couldn't quite tell if that was slightly a backhanded compliment or if I just thought of it that way. Because after his boss completely trashed on him, only saying that he was a nice guy but in no way qualified for the job, he said "I think you're a nice guy too." I felt there was some backhandedness in that, like saying he was a nice guy but maybe not good for his job either. It was either a very genuine, sweet moment or both of them "nicely" insulting each other. Couldn't really tell... but it was a nice moment either way.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2673211;
    I couldn't quite tell if that was slightly a backhanded compliment or if I just thought of it that way. Because after his boss completely trashed on him, only saying that he was a nice guy but in no way qualified for the job, he said "I think you're a nice guy too." I felt there was some backhandedness in that, like saying he was a nice guy but maybe not good for his job either. It was either a very genuine, sweet moment or both of them "nicely" insulting each other. Couldn't really tell... but it was a nice moment either way.
    Huh! I never thought of it that way, but you could be right... or, option #3, it was a backhanded compliment from the boss, but Michael took it sincerely and responded sincerely... since he often misses sarcasm, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2673211;
    I couldn't quite tell if that was slightly a backhanded compliment or if I just thought of it that way. Because after his boss completely trashed on him, only saying that he was a nice guy but in no way qualified for the job, he said "I think you're a nice guy too."
    My thought was that was the ultimate compliment to Michael, because above all the guy just wants to be liked.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2675012;
    My thought was that was the ultimate compliment to Michael, because above all the guy just wants to be liked.
    Hmm... I didn't think of it that way... I kind of just thought it was his way of saying no hard feelings...

Yeah!!! Office has new episodes starting April 10!!!!

I really want to know how they're going to deal with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Angela Kinsey's pregnancy

(I'm not sure I need spoiler tags but wanted to be safe.)

I had heard that if they
    Click to see Spoiler:
    hadn't have had the strike they would have worked it in. But since they did have the strike and she's gotten so big now/is so far along it wouldn't make sense to work it in because she'd have to wear a fake belly later on which would be just silly

Click to see Spoiler:
    So I take it she'll be hiding behind file cabinets and sitting down a lot? Too bad, I would have loved to see them deal with that one!

+ Reply to Thread