+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 135 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office on NBC

Re: The Office on NBC

Have you all seen Man vs. Wild? It is a real show that is just as Michael described "Survivorman." My brother loves it.

There is a real show called Survivorman as well. It's much like Man Vs. Wild, but without the controversy behind it. It's been found out that Man Vs Wild is really rather fake with the host not really roughing it as is seen on the show and I believe it's even been shut down production wise.

Sigh, I'm already shedding a tear that Thursday's the last episode for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2664045;
    There is a real show called Survivorman as well. It's much like Man Vs. Wild, but without the controversy behind it. It's been found out that Man Vs Wild is really rather fake with the host not really roughing it as is seen on the show and I believe it's even been shut down production wise.

Sigh, I'm already shedding a tear that Thursday's the last episode for a while.
    Survivorman is actually a really good show. Anywho, off the subject.
    According to Jenna Fischer's blog, there are 2 more new episodes before they run out.

When Jenna wrote that blog there indeed was 2 episodes left. But she wrote it before last week's aired. So there's only this Thurday night's left. Heck, they can't even air any more new ones after that because the one after Thursdays wasn't filmed. (It's one I'm pretty much dying to see too)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2665388;
    When Jenna wrote that blog there indeed was 2 episodes left. But she wrote it before last week's aired. So there's only this Thurday night's left. Heck, they can't even air any more new ones after that because the one after Thursdays wasn't filmed. (It's one I'm pretty much dying to see too)
    Ahhhh, you are right! I so got my dates mixed up again !

I don't know what I am going to do without a JAM fix!!

CCL

After a rather lackluster season, tonight's episode was what The Office should be about. Funny with lashings of sadness. Watching Michael when his diary was circulated, hearing him talk about how he expected to be screwed over by his company but not his girlfriend...it hurt a bit. Now I'm going to miss it during the writers' strike.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I'm so sad that this was the last episode until after the strike is settled because this episode was... well... sad. I really felt for Michael when the lawyer was reading what Jan wrote on his performance review, the look on his face made me almost want to tear up. I did, however, like how the writers used the whole "I expect to get screwed by my job and not by my girlfriend," line not with a "that's what she said" at the end. Though they'd been using that all episode, I thought it was smart that even though it would have been perfectly placed at the end of that thought, he didn't say it.

The whole Pam/Kelly, Jim/Darryl ping pong storyline seemed irrelevant. It really wasn't focused on at all and just seemed like an excuse to keep the other characters involved (and not a very interesting one at that). Kelly was too annoying in this episode too.

I thought the ending with Dwight and Mose playing ping pong in the warehouse was funny. Loved how all of Dwight's heroes were ping pong players.

It struck me during this episode what a really good actor Steve Carrel is. You can see on his face what he's thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2671146;
    After a rather lackluster season, tonight's episode was what The Office should be about. Funny with lashings of sadness. Watching Michael when his diary was circulated, hearing him talk about how he expected to be screwed over by his company but not his girlfriend...it hurt a bit. Now I'm going to miss it during the writers' strike.
    Yes, he is a very strong actor. The pathos is almost heartbreaking. That's what makes this my favorite show on TV, the combo of that with the strong comedy. Hope they can maintain the magic when it goes back into production!

Michael really got rolled on last night. There was no one in his corner last night. His girlfriend doesn't think very highly of him. His employers don't. His "HR" rep doesn't. Though, to be fair, Michael really hates Toby too. There was a lot revealed last night and I just can't believe we won't get to see what comes next.

I wasn't as entertained by the whole sub-plot last night either, but it had it's moments. Dwight: "Jim we don't serve employees, idiot". Or something to that affect was hillarious. Kelly was on overdrive last night though. Didn't like her at all. She's much better when she's less obviously obnoxious.

+ Reply to Thread